• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Releases Daytona 126500 (Equipped with Dandong 4131 beta)

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
So it means the weight of the watch housing the DD4802 is different from that of the 4131? The feel will thus different when wearing on the wrist?

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Is DD4801 reliable movement or better to ask TD to source newer version with DD4802?
SL 4801 and SL4802 have no differences, they're the same movement structure and everything, only SL-4802 is skeletonized, SL-4801 is not. That's it. Otherwise they're the same thing.

So it means the weight of the watch housing the DD4802 is different from that of the 4131? The feel will thus different when wearing on the wrist?
No, pratcically the same, these minor 5g difference don't mean much, the bigger "feeling" on wrist you will have is the difference between rotor, 4131 has ball bearing, the 4801 has unidirectional spinning rotor.

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
swe

Too add a little :)

For me, If were go to panda, I would go 116500, I just think 126500 panda’s subdial is too thin and feels more … I don’t know empty?

On top of that, I still hate the dial color hue of my clean panda. Even after swapping deep xstal. It still is too bright. Gen has more warm white color which makes it look classy. But almost all of rep has this blueish pale white dial. The old noob version and old RB dial looked warm enough to get the color right. I tried to even sunburn the white dial for few days.

Anyways. There are things that hurts each of us most. Each color and each factory has its own defects. I have to prioritize what you value the most.

I am the guy who cares about the dial most. As long the dial is beatiful, I get along with case shape and movement sound or whatever. But to me, faulty dial with perfect case shape and clone movement? It gives me stress every time.

So this hobby is basically hobby of prioritizing what you can bear with. :)

Dont try to get a perfect answer, Especially if this is your first buy. By buying a rep you will find your tast and learn more about yourself.
Sorry to bring this post back up.
I've got the gorilla sbf 126500.

Are you saying you prefer the sbf panda 116500 over CF 116500 and even the sbf 126500 panda dial?
Just want to know if im reading this correctly. 😊🙏

muiramas

Aristocrat
18/1/17
My SBF white dial is incoming - I should have it early next week.

The movement is not going to change the weight of the watch - removing a link will have a bigger effect on the weight.

I have another crown I can swap on if the stock one bothers me - it probably won't.

Maybe the CF with Deep Xtal would have been better, but I don't even know if I like this Daytona yet, and $450 is too good a price considering there is no appreciable cosmetic difference between versions.

muiramas

Aristocrat
18/1/17
Are you saying you prefer the sbf panda 116500 over CF 116500 and even the sbf 126500 panda dial?
No, he's saying he prefers the dial of the white 116500 to the white 126500.

Nothing to do with factory.

Reactions: ogh gee

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Personally i do feel the rotor of the 4802 on the wrist from time to time. But only rarely when my rist flicks at the right angle. It’s more noticeable when you take the watch off you can really feel the vibrations. I’m kind of glad it’s a one-way rotor for this reason otherwise, it would be spinning constantly.

The 4802 is also a bit loud in a quiet room. Since I’m usually in a soundproof environment, I do notice it, but it’s not a deal breaker for me.

I don’t have a 4131 or 4130 to compare it with, though. So I honestly can't give a good comparison if the 5g makes a huge difference between the 4801 and the 4802.

I'm guessing the more ball barrings on the 4130 & the 4131.

I'm still happy 😊

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
Sorry to bring this post back up.
I've got the gorilla sbf 126500.

Just want to know if im reading this correctly. 😊🙏
Hi, I guess I have 2 things mixed up.

1. I prefer panda 116500 than 126500
2. I dont like clean’s 116500 becasue is is damn blur hue. Gen has much warm white. Some Noob, RB(?) fatory dial had right color

• Love

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
49°50′34.8″N 9°54′07.4″E
Hi, I guess I have 2 things mixed up.

1. I prefer panda 116500 than 126500
2. I dont like clean’s 116500 becasue is is damn blur hue. Gen has much warm white. Some Noob, RB(?) fatory dial had right color
Do you see the Clean panda dial in real? I am asking because from what I know, most of the TDs didn't get the white balance right when taking those photos. Shooting white flat objects could be difficult, some photos didn't reflect the right white colour.

Last edited:

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
Personally i do feel the rotor of the 4802 on the wrist from time to time. But only rarely when my rist flicks at the right angle. It’s more noticeable when you take the watch off you can really feel the vibrations. I’m kind of glad it’s a one-way rotor for this reason otherwise, it would be spinning constantly.

The 4802 is also a bit loud in a quiet room. Since I’m usually in a soundproof environment, I do notice it, but it’s not a deal breaker for me.

I don’t have a 4131 or 4130 to compare it with, though. So I honestly can't give a good comparison if the 5g makes a huge difference between the 4801 and the 4802.

I'm guessing the more ball barrings on the 4130 & the 4131.

I'm still happy 😊
One way spin rotorr does not mean it is spinning in only one way.

It means it only harvests energey from one direction of spin. The rotor itself spins in both ways. The so called noise actually comes from the other way spinning. It does not wind up spring, thus spins fast, and many times, causing a lot of noise.

When it is spinning in righ direction, it does not make much noise - because it does not spin like that at all. it only moves to that specific angle

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
Do you see the Clean panda dial in real? I am asking because from what I know, most of the TDs didn't get the white balance right when taking those photos. Shooting white flat objects could be difficult, some photos didn't reflect the right white colour.
I have one myself. It kills me every day. I even tryied sunburn it. I swapped to deep crystal, yes it helped a liitle but I can see it at a glance. (And yes I have seen 116500 gen panda numerous times

JordanEleven

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/20
Love it

hWnN9X.jpeg

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
I have a gen 116500 panda and a clean 116500 franken. The clean dial is great but lacks the proper white warm hue, and the warm lush of the white gold hour markers.

Last edited:

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
I think the "cool" nature of the Clean dial has been discussed before but it's very very subtle and genuinely, anyone who notices has to be a replica expert as well. The BTF is slightly better at this but has weakness such as subdial thickness.

RB/SW or whatever I don't discuss, I don't know enough about after market Panda dials.

But anecdotally, these kind of minor hue differences are only for personal pleasure, in reality, on wrist, in different lighting, totally impossible to tell.

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Lgend thank you Jumbo! That clears things up a lot. O had it in my head the otherway round. So the wobble I feel on my wrist is actually the rotor spinning freely in the non-winding direction. When it's winding, it's quieter and less noticeable because it's working against the resistance of the mainspring??

If I understand correctly, with a bidirectional rotor like the one in the DD4130, it would wind in both directions, making it smoother and quieter overall without the noticeable wobble??.

Also thank you for giving your honest opinion on the 116500 CF vs 116500 and 126500 VSF dial. It helps alot 🙏🙇‍♂️🙏

muiramas

Aristocrat
18/1/17
The CF 116500 dial is too flat and cold IRL - although what you say is not incorrect, it’s not a white balance issue, and contrary to what some posts have said, it cannot be fixed by replacing the xtal.