• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Releases Daytona 126500 (Equipped with Dandong 4131 beta)

guybythelake

13/7/14
Hello
Is it possible that the Rolex Daytona 126500 and Rolex Submariner 124060 in steel use the exact same Triplock winding crown (diameter: 7 mm)?
If the answer is yes, why does VSF on the new 126500 use a winding crown with the three dots symbol so different from the original?
Wouldn't it be enough to use the winding crown of the 124060?
Look at the photo, the crown of the 124060 doesn't seem bad to me, a sign that VSF knows how to do things well. Or are there other reasons that I don't understand?

Exactly. I am very surprised to see a defect like this on the VSF Daytona crown. It is hard to belive it is not intentional and I dint know what that intension is.

ARC24

Do not accept unsolicited offers
14/7/24
How does this compare to the 126500 CLEAN SH4131? I’m planning to get a black one. I read about the opinion of the cheaper one with a good movement but not a clone movement, but I gathered that it makes a noise in comparison to the clone movement. Also is it tat big a difference if deep glass is applied or it’s fine without it? Basically what would be the best black Daytona 126500.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
How does this compare to the 126500 CLEAN SH4131? I’m planning to get a black one. I read about the opinion of the cheaper one with a good movement but not a clone movement, but I gathered that it makes a noise in comparison to the clone movement. Also is it tat big a difference if deep glass is applied or it’s fine without it? Basically what would be the best black Daytona 126500.
That's a very long winded way to ask what the best Daytona is,

To which the answer is "it all depends". Everyone has a different answer. I guarantee you you ask 10 people in this thread and all 10 will return with different answers.

I will say go buy Clean with Deep. If you want a deeper explanation then you do your own research.

ARC24

14/7/24
Thank you for your feedback. I think I am going to proceed with buying Clean & Deep. A little concern , the TD said that once any alterations are done after the QC ( like adding the deep glass ) then the watch is not eligible for a return. So is it still safe to go ahead? And do they do the installation of the Deep glass properly?

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Thank you for your feedback. I think I am going to proceed with buying Clean & Deep. A little concern , the TD said that once any alterations are done after the QC ( like adding the deep glass ) then the watch is not eligible for a return. So is it still safe to go ahead? And do they do the installation of the Deep glass properly?
Steve did this for my Clean Black Dial 116500 and it is perfect... (for a rep)

Reactions: ARC24 and Bobi01

ARC24

14/7/24
Steve did this for my Clean Black Dial 116500 and it is perfect... (for a rep)
Good to know. Yes, Steve told me that his watch smith would install the deep glass. I was just concerned about it being done perfectly post coming from the factory. Your message is reassuring, thank you

ARC24

14/7/24

Mine came couple days ago, very happy 😊
I'll do a proper write up soon for those interested.
Yes please do a write up. It’s very helpful and informative for new buyers like me. And your watch looks perfect. Is it with deep glass? What factory….& From a TD ?

Reactions: ogh gee

Just4Peep

Known Member
19/7/10
Which reseller is Steve?
Been out of the rep game for a bit and do not recognize Steve.
TIA

xylphz

Getting To Know The Place
3/1/24
Seems like VSF have not fix their winding crown close to gen appearance.....

Shall wait for VSF to fix this flaw in their next version of the 126500 in both their black & white dial variant before I bite the bullet

Any idea if VSF has fix the winding crown to a proper appearance close to gen ?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Any idea if VSF has fix the winding crown to a proper appearance close to gen ?
They have not. And my guess is they won't be bothering for a while if it's the VS I know. This is the same VS that hasn't "fixed" anything on their best seller Seamaster for 5 years.

And before you point to the Submariner and the improvements they made on that, the secret is that the bezel improvements that VS proclaimed is because they "switched" to using Clean's Submariner bezel lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Karbon74 and SS72

jtks

Getting To Know The Place
25/5/20
They have not. And my guess is they won't be bothering for a while if it's the VS I know. This is the same VS that hasn't "fixed" anything on their best seller Seamaster for 5 years.

And before you point to the Submariner and the improvements they made on that, the secret is that the bezel improvements that VS proclaimed is because they "switched" to using Clean's Submariner bezel lol.
It would also be an easy fix to switch to a correct crown isn't it. There is still hope. VSF also fixed their Datejust 36 Wimbledon 9 hour marker.

Reactions: Reaps

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
VS has the correct crown on the Subs. I guessing they bought a bunch of these off crowns and will use them first

guybythelake

13/7/14
VS has the correct crown on the Subs. I guessing they bought a bunch of these off crowns and will use them first
I swapped it with a Clean GMT crown in few minutes and works great. You would need a 31.5 caseback opener.

Reactions: m5smg2