• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Releases Daytona 126500 (Equipped with Dandong 4131 beta)

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I'm admittedly a Clean "fan boy" but is it really fair to say that when they've been consistently producing for the last 3 years? They care about the details that some factories don't give a shit about, maybe it's because they also bother to have CTime do gen vs clean comparisons, then we see how close it becomes.

Note this is all my opinion. At the end of the day the fight between the top factories are all about nuances at this point. So it's really 70-80% subjective.

GMT - lots of contention but I think it's fair to say that Clean set the bar and the rest of the factories are catching up. C+ and even ARF are still using Clean parts that were introduced by Clean or their suppliers, so is it really fair to "discredit" Clean on these things? ARF maybe makes the better aesthetic watch for the Bruce Wayne, but when their foundation is literally based on Clean's parts and suppliers, we have to give some credit to where it's due. Clean could do better on minor details, no doubt, but in terms of aesthetics they've pretty much nailed it.

Daytona - Clean was undoubtedly superior in almost every model until the last 6 months. Specifically let's look at the 116500 Panda, ZF, BTF (still has thick subdials but better color on dial), VSF are all basically "Clean" level for this replica now. But again, for 2 years, Clean built the foundation for these parts, specifically the bezel and platinum plating, which is often overlooked today. Even BTF was using Clean's bezel for basically their whole production run.

But let's take a look at the precious metal Daytonas - I mean almost every factory shits the bed when we talk about "dial" for the precious metal Daytonas, Clean was almost always superior. I always think of BTF vs Clean in the 116518 Pikachu space. I mean if you can't see it - good for you, but it's clear to see which one is Clean and which one is BTF simply based on dial alone.

Explorer 1 36mm - VS vs Clean, it's not even a contest. VS has the wrong case shape, 20mm lugs, etc. Not a contender against Clean. VS charging Clean level stuff for BP level replica of the 36mm.

Datejust 36mm/41mm - VSF is "better" built, crystal and movement are better, but the dial and case are worse than Clean's. 50/50 toss up, if it was 36mm I would take VSF since the skinny lug issue is not noticeable on 36mm, but if 41mm I would prefer Clean's. Special exception to the Wimbledon 36mm - VSF takes it since the 9oClock marker for VSF is correct, Clean didn't bother to fix it on theirs, which is a shame, because the Clean dial is better than VSF dial for wimbledon color.

Submariner 116x series - VSF takes it except for the Hulk line which Clean does better with a crystal swap.

Submariner 126x series - 50/50. I lean VSF for the movement and overall crystal quality but the case shape of the Clean is ever so slightly better than VS. But it's apples and oranges, minor nitpicks between the two. I would take a Clean Bluesy over a VSF bluesy, but a VSF black sub/kermit over a Clean sub/kermit.
Awesome post 👍

• Love
Reactions: Reaps

Eldonsimon

Supporter
Certified
16/8/16
Sunny Barcelona
This may not be the right thread so I apologise in advance. I bought the 126500 panda but didn’t like it as it felt too dainty for me. Does the 116500 wear more sporty? I felt that the bezel and sub dials were too small and it lacked wrist presence. So for those of you who have both - will I like the 116500 panda more?

Felixle7

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/4/11
This may not be the right thread so I apologise in advance. I bought the 126500 panda but didn’t like it as it felt too dainty for me. Does the 116500 wear more sporty? I felt that the bezel and sub dials were too small and it lacked wrist presence. So for those of you who have both - will I like the 116500 panda more?
To be honest, they aren’t very different.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
if anything the 116500 wears smaller—The 12 series case is longer and wider.

jtks

Getting To Know The Place
25/5/20
Well, that's the interesting part about watches. Different people see different things. For some people, they notice the whole silhouette of a watch and therefore 126500 looks bigger. But for some people, their perspective is more focused on the dial alone, and the bolder subdial rings and chunkier markers on 116500 will make it looks bigger. and then there's people who appreciate both 116 and 126. You'll always get different opinions on this topic so the best way is to walk in to a grey market dealer and compare them side by side and make a decision for yourself.

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
My vsf 126500 with dd4131 arrived few days ago
I also installed the crown from clean daytona
Im impressed by the quality of the bracelet
I have had 4 clean daytonas already and neither had bracelet with so tight and clean bracelet like this (pins inside super clean), edges top notch polished both underside and top side
Movement smooth when winding the crown
Rotor super quiet like most of dd4130 i had in the past
And now the crystal, hands down to the best rep crystal i ever saw, crystal clarity with underneath AR only gives the same clarity like gen,zero blue hue and the edge of the crystal is simply like gen, shape and feel of the crystal is just the best

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I have had 4 clean daytonas already and neither had bracelet with so tight and clean bracelet like this (pins inside super clean), edges top notch polished both underside and top side
And now the crystal, hands down to the best rep crystal i ever saw, crystal clarity with underneath AR only gives the same clarity like gen,zero blue hue and the edge of the crystal is simply like gen, shape and feel of the crystal is just the best

I haven’t been following this release. What’s the deal with the VSF crown?

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
Talking about case shape…who is the winner? Clean, BTF, VSF?

Wowsc

Certified
8/10/22
I am also planning to replace the crown. Does anyone know in which position I have to remove the stem on the 4802 movement? Winding or time setting?

Johnp98

Do not accept unsolicited offers
15/9/24

Could you explain the process to replace the crown with another closer to the original please? ( I have a correct crown from gmt II)

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
Could you explain the process to replace the crown with another closer to the original please? ( I have a correct crown from gmt II)
Sure
Open caseback, you have that button for releasing the stem, i used toothpick and press and hold, while holding pull out the complete crown with stem gently, put the watch in some dust protection box or put caseback back…
Next step you need some flat pliers to hold the stem while unscreewing the crown counter clockwise, maybe you will need some force to unscreew it… when you removed the old crown, clean that thread with some toothbrush or anything like that, wipe off if there is some glue left on the thread, also the new crown inside the hole thread
First try to screew the crown without any glue and put the stem back into the movement gently the same way like you pulled it out, try to screew the crown on the tube and check if the lenght is ok, if it is too long than you need to cut the thread of the stem a bit, if it is too short or the crown thread is too deep, then you need to put some small paper inside the crown to immitate the steem inside and try again the lenght… if you are happy with the lenght you must remove crown again same process and put gs hypo cement or blue loctite 243 (i used loctite) on the stem thread, small amount of the glue, not too much.. screew the crown on the stem and let it dry for 24 hours, after 24 hours clean the left glue on the thread if there is something left because loctite will dry only between screewed parts-crown and stem…
You are done and you can put back the stem into the movement, magic done

Jazz01

16/1/23
Europe
Sure
Open caseback, you have that button for releasing the stem,

magic done
thanks a lot for sharing - very helpful - any hint/maybe even picture where this button for releasing the steam is/looks like? I haven't seen/found it at a first glance (... have to admit that beside regulating my reps I haven't done much else so far...)

Johnp98

Do not accept unsolicited offers
15/9/24

Could you explain the process to replace the crown with another closer to the original please? ( I have a correct crown from gmt II
Sure
Open caseback, you have that button for releasing the stem, i used toothpick and press and hold, while holding pull out the complete crown with stem gently, put the watch in some dust protection box or put caseback back…
Next step you need some flat pliers to hold the stem while unscreewing the crown counter clockwise, maybe you will need some force to unscreew it… when you removed the old crown, clean that thread with some toothbrush or anything like that, wipe off if there is some glue left on the thread, also the new crown inside the hole thread
First try to screew the crown without any glue and put the stem back into the movement gently the same way like you pulled it out, try to screew the crown on the tube and check if the lenght is ok, if it is too long than you need to cut the thread of the stem a bit, if it is too short or the crown thread is too deep, then you need to put some small paper inside the crown to immitate the steem inside and try again the lenght… if you are happy with the lenght you must remove crown again same process and put gs hypo cement or blue loctite 243 (i used loctite) on the stem thread, small amount of the glue, not too much.. screew the crown on the stem and let it dry for 24 hours, after 24 hours clean the left glue on the thread if there is something left because loctite will dry only between screewed parts-crown and stem…
You are done and you can put back the stem into the movement, magic done
what happen if i don’t use the loctite? ( so if i remove the old crown and put the new one from my gmt)