• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Releases Daytona 126500 (Equipped with Dandong 4131 beta)

Happyyeren

Getting To Know The Place
3/7/24
Maybe.. but the movement pics show a different colour so it could just be lighting? I have a VSF and I think it looks great and of course without a comparison its impossible to tell, besides what you really need is a comparison with Gen under strict lighting conditions.... there are many 'whites' ask any Snowman! 🤣
Lighting plays a big part, i doubt anyone can call you out based on the hue of white alone anyways. im waiting for my clean 126500 to arrive. Lets see if its indeed warm white

tokidoki

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
2/5/24
USA
Lighting plays a big part, i doubt anyone can call you out based on the hue of white alone anyways. im waiting for my clean 126500 to arrive. Lets see if its indeed warm white
Which TD did you go with? Got a link?
Been so confused with so many daytona offerings. Looking for a black dial steel version.

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
So in terms on reliability of the movments, is the DD4130 a better choice than the DD4802??
Which is considered more proven and tested over time?.

Would it be worth the extra $$ to upgrade to the DD4130 from the DD4802??
Or are there some advantages to having a cheaper movment eg. Servicing or replacing the movment if it ever cooks out?

Im guess the DD4130 is a clone and can use gen parts for frankoning, while the DD4802 would be a full replacement or Servicing yeah??

Im just about to pull the trigger now on a DD4802 only because I didn't want to risk the SH4131 being so new and being feom SH.

But this has me second guessing if I should upgrade just over 100$ 😅😅
I'll never open the case back, but peice of mind of having the best movment possible seems worth it.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
So in terms on reliability of the movments, is the DD4130 a better choice than the DD4802??
Which is considered more proven and tested over time?.

Would it be worth the extra $$ to upgrade to the DD4130 from the DD4802??
Or are there some advantages to having a cheaper movment eg. Servicing or replacing the movment if it ever cooks out?

Im guess the DD4130 is a clone and can use gen parts for frankoning, while the DD4802 would be a full replacement or Servicing yeah??

Im just about to pull the trigger now on a DD4802 only because I didn't want to risk the SH4131 being so new and being feom SH.

But this has me second guessing if I should upgrade just over 100$ 😅😅
I'll never open the case back, but peice of mind of having the best movment possible seems worth it.
Imho the DD4130 is a fine movement and is well tested with no issues and can be considered the same if not even more reliable than the 4802 since it's been out even longer. It has the advantage of not having a unidirectional spinning rotor.

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Imho the DD4130 is a fine movement and is well tested with no issues and can be considered the same if not even more reliable than the 4802 since it's been out even longer. It has the advantage of not having a unidirectional spinning rotor.
Beautiful, thank you so much 🙏🙏
Sounds like it's worth the jump 💯💯

scarface1926

3/9/22
hi everyone do you know if the watch with the dd4131 movement has a sticker to distinguish it from the beta version? Thanks

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Here's what ive put together with the info ive found between the two DD4802 and the DD4131. ✌️

The primary differences between the VS factory Rolex Daytona 126500 Panda Day official version (Dandong 4131) and the residual blood version (early adopter, Dandong 4801) lie in their movements. Here are the key distinctions:

1. **Movement Type**:
- **Official Version (Dandong 4131)**: This version has a 72-hour power reserve, KIF shock absorbers, and a bidirectional winding structure. It is structurally similar to the Swiss 4131 movement.
- **Residual Blood Version (Dandong 4801)**: This version features a 55-hour power reserve, Incabal shock absorbers, and a unidirectional winding structure, which causes more vibration when shaken.

2. **Power Reserve**:
- **Dandong 4131**: 72 hours.
- **Dandong 4801**: 55 hours.

3. **Shock Absorbers**:
- **Dandong 4131**: KIF shock absorbers.
- **Dandong 4801**: Incabal shock absorbers.

4. **Winding Mechanism**:
- **Dandong 4131**: Bidirectional winding, resulting in smoother operation with less vibration.
- **Dandong 4801**: Unidirectional winding, leading to more noticeable vibration.

5. **Automatic Rotor Bearing**:
- **Dandong 4131**: Fixed with three screws and has multiple ball bearings.
- **Dandong 4801**: Fixed with one screw and has only seven ball bearings.

Both Incabloc and KIF are highly effective shock absorbers and are well-regarded in the watchmaking industry. The choice between the two often comes down to the specific design goals and preferences of the watch manufacturer. KIF might be considered marginally better in terms of advanced shock absorption and is often used in higher-end watches, while Incabloc remains

In terms of overall performance, despite these differences, both versions maintain the durable chronograph functions, column wheel, and vertical clutch, with a low repair rate. However, the official version (Dandong 4131) provides better performance due to its enhanced power reserve and smoother winding mechanism. The early adopter version (Dandong 4801) still offers good value for money and superior performance compared to the 7750 movement but at a lower cost.

Hope this was helpful 🙏🙌

jtks

25/5/20
I went for the DD4131 version. Yesterday night I was using the chrono and forgot to stop it before I went to bed. Over the night, the watch eventually stopped (maybe ran out of PR). Now I try to wind it, the watch just doesn't run anymore.

Anyone knows what's going on?
Is the movement broken or I need to do something to reset it?

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
Supporter
Certified
22/9/22
EU
I went for the DD4131 version. Yesterday night I was using the chrono and forgot to stop it before I went to bed. Over the night, the watch eventually stopped (maybe ran out of PR). Now I try to wind it, the watch just doesn't run anymore.

RIP

WobuffetRep

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
17/1/24

Try resetting the chronograph. Shake it to see if you can start the watch that way. Check if you pushed the crown in.

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Here's what ive put together with the info ive found between the two DD4802 and the DD4131. ✌️
**Update with Clean 126500LN SH4131 added for reference. ✌️

### Detailed Component Comparison

**Dial and Case:**
- **Surface Details:** Both the VS and CLEAN versions have nearly identical surface circles, pointers, and fonts on the dial. The differences are so minute that they require close inspection to distinguish.
- **Shell and Bezel:** There is no noticeable difference in the case construction or the finishing of the bezel and lugs. Both factories have achieved high levels of craftsmanship in these areas.
- **Engravings:** Internal engravings on the case back are consistent between the two versions, with VS Factory codes being 3XU and CLEAN Factory codes being M5X.

**Strap and Clasp:**
- **Grinding and Polishing:** Both factories have done an excellent job in polishing the watch straps, ensuring smooth and refined finishes. The crowns on the watch clasps are also well-polished, maintaining the high standard expected of Rolex replicas.

### Movement Comparison

**Dandong 4131 (VS Factory) vs. Shanghai 4131 (CLEAN Factory):**
- **Polishing and Finish:** The Dandong 4131 movement from the VS Factory features more delicate and refined polishing compared to the Shanghai 4131. The splint on the Shanghai 4131 is noticeably darker, which is not due to lighting but rather differences in the coating process.
- **Shock Absorbers:** The Dandong 4131 utilizes the KIF shock absorber, which is more akin to the genuine Swiss 4131 movement. The Shanghai 4131, on the other hand, uses a different shock absorber that is not as refined.
- **Winding Mechanism:** The Dandong 4131 movement offers bidirectional winding, reducing vibrations and providing a smoother experience. In contrast, the Shanghai 4131 movement's unidirectional winding mechanism can result in more noticeable vibrations.
- **Power Reserve:** The Dandong 4131 boasts a 72-hour power reserve, closely matching the Swiss 4131's performance. The Shanghai 4131 has a shorter power reserve but still performs admirably.

### VS Factory Official Version vs. Early Adopter Version (DD4801)

**Appearance:**
- **Identical Aesthetics:** Both the official and early adopter versions from the VS Factory are identical in appearance, with the same bezel, dial, and strap.

**Movement Differences:**
- **Power Reserve:** The early adopter version (Dandong 4801) has a 55-hour power reserve, whereas the official version (Dandong 4131) offers a 72-hour power reserve.
- **Winding Mechanism:** The 4801 features a unidirectional winding structure, causing more noticeable vibrations. The 4131, however, employs a bidirectional winding structure, providing a smoother operation.
- **Rotor Bearings:** The 4801 has fewer ball bearings fixed with one screw, whereas the 4131 has more ball bearings secured with three screws, enhancing its durability and efficiency.
- **Shock Absorbers:** The 4801 uses the Incabloc shock absorber, while the 4131 utilizes the KIF shock absorber, which is superior in performance and more closely replicates the genuine Swiss movement.

### Conclusion

In summary, both the VS Factory and CLEAN Factory versions of the Rolex Daytona 126500 offer remarkable quality and attention to detail. The primary distinctions lie in the movement's construction and finishing. The Dandong 4131 movement from the VS Factory is more refined in terms of polishing, shock absorption, and winding mechanism, providing a closer replication of the genuine Swiss 4131 movement. The Shanghai 4131 movement from the CLEAN Factory, while still high-quality, falls slightly short in these areas.

For those deciding between these options, the choice ultimately comes down to personal preference and budget. The VS Factory's official version with the Dandong 4131 movement offers superior performance and durability, making it a preferable option for enthusiasts seeking the closest replica to the original. However, the CLEAN Factory version remains a strong contender with its excellent craftsmanship and slightly warmer aesthetics.

This comprehensive comparison should provide a clearer understanding of the differences and help you make an informed decision when choosing between these high-quality Rolex Daytona replicas.

---

Feel free to tailor this post further to fit your specific requirements or preferences.

**REF PIC'S---

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07

If wound and won’t run, try resetting the chrono to zero. If small seconds won’t run, then start the chrono, this may get the movement going again..

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07

- **Winding Mechanism:** The Dandong 4131 movement offers bidirectional winding, reducing vibrations and providing a smoother experience. In contrast, the Shanghai 4131 movement's unidirectional winding mechanism can result in more noticeable vibrations.
Clean’s SH 4131 has bi-directional rotor winding, same as Gen 4131.

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Sorry you are correct, my mistake 🙏🙏
My notes must of got jumbled up and printed the wrond information confusing the DD4802 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Both movements DD and SS are bio since they are 1-1 clones of the 4312
Thanks for correcting me 🙏🙇‍♂️

Reactions: m5smg2

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA

- **Surface Details:** Both the VS and CLEAN versions have nearly identical surface circles, pointers, and fonts on the dial. The differences are so minute that they require close inspection to distinguish.
- **Shell and Bezel:** There is no noticeable difference in the case construction or the finishing of the bezel and lugs. Both factories have achieved high levels of craftsmanship in these areas.
- **Engravings:** Internal engravings on the case back are consistent between the two versions, with VS Factory codes being 3XU and CLEAN Factory codes being M5X.

- **Grinding and Polishing:** Both factories have done an excellent job in polishing the watch straps, ensuring smooth and refined finishes. The crowns on the watch clasps are also well-polished, maintaining the high standard expected of Rolex replicas.

### Movement Comparison

- **Polishing and Finish:** The Dandong 4131 movement from the VS Factory features more delicate and refined polishing compared to the Shanghai 4131. The splint on the Shanghai 4131 is noticeably darker, which is not due to lighting but rather differences in the coating process.
- **Shock Absorbers:** The Dandong 4131 utilizes the KIF shock absorber, which is more akin to the genuine Swiss 4131 movement. The Shanghai 4131, on the other hand, uses a different shock absorber that is not as refined.
- **Power Reserve:** The Dandong 4131 boasts a 72-hour power reserve, closely matching the Swiss 4131's performance. The Shanghai 4131 has a shorter power reserve but still performs admirably.

- **Identical Aesthetics:** Both the official and early adopter versions from the VS Factory are identical in appearance, with the same bezel, dial, and strap.

- **Power Reserve:** The early adopter version (Dandong 4801) has a 55-hour power reserve, whereas the official version (Dandong 4131) offers a 72-hour power reserve.
- **Winding Mechanism:** The 4801 features a unidirectional winding structure, causing more noticeable vibrations. The 4131, however, employs a bidirectional winding structure, providing a smoother operation.
- **Rotor Bearings:** The 4801 has fewer ball bearings fixed with one screw, whereas the 4131 has more ball bearings secured with three screws, enhancing its durability and efficiency.
- **Shock Absorbers:** The 4801 uses the Incabloc shock absorber, while the 4131 utilizes the KIF shock absorber, which is superior in performance and more closely replicates the genuine Swiss movement.

### Conclusion

In summary, both the VS Factory and CLEAN Factory versions of the Rolex Daytona 126500 offer remarkable quality and attention to detail. The primary distinctions lie in the movement's construction and finishing. The Dandong 4131 movement from the VS Factory is more refined in terms of polishing, shock absorption, and winding mechanism, providing a closer replication of the genuine Swiss 4131 movement. The Shanghai 4131 movement from the CLEAN Factory, while still high-quality, falls slightly short in these areas.

For those deciding between these options, the choice ultimately comes down to personal preference and budget. The VS Factory's official version with the Dandong 4131 movement offers superior performance and durability, making it a preferable option for enthusiasts seeking the closest replica to the original. However, the CLEAN Factory version remains a strong contender with its excellent craftsmanship and slightly warmer aesthetics.

This comprehensive comparison should provide a clearer understanding of the differences and help you make an informed decision when choosing between these high-quality Rolex Daytona replicas.

---

Feel free to tailor this post further to fit your specific requirements or preferences.
Terrific write up. Thank you!

Reactions: ogh gee

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Just wanted to chime in regarding my CF 126500, SH4131. Been wearing since May and consistently at -1 per day. Blown away by the accuracy, beats all of my gens, at this point. Even my gen Daytona is not this accurate. Wore my gen Explorer II 16570 over the Holiday and was gaining 5 secs a day after a recent RSC service! Back to my CF Daytona today 😜

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07

### Movement Comparison

### Conclusion

---

**REF PIC'S---
Nice pics. Since you have both, you didn’t say if you prefer the Clean or the VS ?