• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Releases Daytona 126500 (Equipped with Dandong 4131 beta)

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Nice pics. Since you have both, you didn’t say if you prefer the Clean or the VS ?
Sorry these are not my references photos. They where just the best quality photos side by side I could find. 😊

This is just me researching like a mad man trying to learn as much as possible and help those on the same path.

I'm very new to this space, so please hold anything I say with a grain of salt. 🙏🙏

I appreciate the positive feed back. 🙇‍♂️🙌🙇‍♂️

Reactions: Uhr70 and diamonds

jtks

Known Member
25/5/20
If wound and won’t run, try resetting the chrono to zero. If small seconds won’t run, then start the chrono, this may get the movement going again..
tried everything and it still won't run. Brought it to a watchmaker friend to check and found out it's damaged by shock.

Now I couldn't find a replacement of DD4131 or the gen parts. The last solution I have is to swap in a DD4130 and I hope it fits.

Reactions: m5smg2

muiramas

Aristocrat
18/1/17
tried everything and it still won't run. Brought it to a watchmaker friend to check and found out it's damaged by shock.

Now I couldn't find a replacement of DD4131 or the gen parts. The last solution I have is to swap in a DD4130 and I hope it fits.
‘Damaged by shock’ is a bit vague / useless as an assessment - what’s damaged?

Reactions: Uhr70

Morg77

Getting To Know The Place
1/2/21
Sorry these are not my references photos. They where just the best quality photos side by side I could find. 😊

This is just me researching like a mad man trying to learn as much as possible and help those on the same path.

I'm very new to this space, so please hold anything I say with a grain of salt. 🙏🙏

I appreciate the positive feed back. 🙇‍♂️🙌🙇‍♂️
How was the stock crystal comparation between vs and clean?? Did you see any difference?

jtks

Known Member
25/5/20
‘Damaged by shock’ is a bit vague / useless as an assessment - what’s damaged?
I didn't ask for specifics. My watchmaker has serviced many of my Gen so I trust his expertise completely. I'll share more when I get the watch back.

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Hello RWI Family,

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but I noticed something intriguing about the SBF black dial. Is it just me, or does it have more of a glossy finish? 🧐🤔

From the photos, it's hard to tell definitively. However, it appears that the SBF dial has a more pronounced gloss or mirror effect. This got me wondering if this is more consistent with the genuine black dial.

High-quality photos are challenging to find, but from what I've seen here, the SBF dial seems to reflect light more sharply, almost like a mirror. On the other hand, the Clean dial's reflection appears slightly matted and not as clear.

In the photos below, you can see the seconds counter reflecting off the SBF dial quite nicely. It's quite striking.

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this difference or if it's just the photos playing tricks on me. Has anyone else observed the same glossy finish on the SBF black dial compared to the Clean version?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
😁✌️

emerald_bae

I hope you’re having a great day :)
Supporter
Certified
25/3/24
I didn't ask for specifics. My watchmaker has serviced many of my Gen so I trust his expertise completely. I'll share more when I get the watch back.
Will be interested to see what you find, I had virtually the exact same experience. Sigh :ROFLMAO:

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but I noticed something intriguing about the SBF black dial. Is it just me, or does it have more of a glossy finish? 🧐🤔

From the photos, it's hard to tell definitively. However, it appears that the SBF dial has a more pronounced gloss or mirror effect. This got me wondering if this is more consistent with the genuine black dial.

High-quality photos are challenging to find, but from what I've seen here, the SBF dial seems to reflect light more sharply, almost like a mirror. On the other hand, the Clean dial's reflection appears slightly matted and not as clear.

In the photos below, you can see the seconds counter reflecting off the SBF dial quite nicely. It's quite striking.

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this difference or if it's just the photos playing tricks on me. Has anyone else observed the same glossy finish on the SBF black dial compared to the Clean version?
Could it just be a clearer VSF xtal? The hands, hour markers and sub dials appear to stand out a lot more on the VSF, too, which is why I'm thinking that way.

KV3x88.jpeg

Reactions: ogh gee

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Could it just be a clearer VSF xtal? The hands, hour markers and sub dials appear to stand out a lot more on the VSF, too, which is why I'm thinking that way.

Thanks for your observation! I agree, it's very possible that the clearer VSF crystal is contributing to this effect. The hands, hour markers, and sub-dials do seem to stand out more on the VSF, which supports your point.

However, it's also hard to tell if this is just the light hitting at the right angle and reflecting back. Given that they are silver, the mirror reflection we see can vary depending on the light and angle.

These are the only side-by-side shots I've managed to find so far with that kind of detail, so it's hard to rely on one source for reference. I'm currently on holiday and still waiting for my SBF DD4802 to arrive, so I can't provide any firsthand suggestions yet. Even then, I don't have a black dial for a clear comparison.

I think LoveInJumbo mentioned a few posts back about how the crystal was far from par compared to using DEEP with photos for reference. The upgrade looks worth it, in my opinion.

Love In jumbos post about deep vs sbf stock 👇😁🙌

Post in thread 'VSF Releases Daytona 126500 (Equipped with Dandong 4131 beta)' https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...ith-dandong-4131-beta).10977814/post-11788607

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
FYI, there is an edit option to correct your post. No need for a separate post 😉

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
FYI, there is an edit option to correct your post. No need for a separate post 😉
Probably the stupidest thing any one has asked on RWI, but how do you edit a post? 😅

I'm new to forums so it must be somthing obvious I'm missing. I can't see any opinions to edit or delete. 🙈🙈

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Probably the stupidest thing any one has asked on RWI, but how do you edit a post? 😅

I'm new to forums so it must be somthing obvious I'm missing. I can't see any opinions to edit or delete. 🙈🙈
Right below the post, in the grey bar where you see "Like / Quote / Reply" - to the left of that you should see an 'Edit' option for your own posts, next to the Report button.

Reactions: m5smg2 and ogh gee

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Right below the post, in the grey bar where you see "Like / Quote / Reply" - to the left of that you should see an 'Edit' option for your own posts, next to the Report button.
Hmm strange 🤔
I only see report, to the left side of my post.

I'm using the App, I might re download it and see if that fixes it.

I appreciate the help, hopefully i figure it out soon 😅🙈🙏🙌
Sorry for clogging up the feed with my noobness, but this is what I see.

pack11

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
28/3/24
I assume only "Supporters" are allowed to edit their posts.

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24
I assume only "Supporters" are allowed to edit their posts.
Probably; I can't edit posts either.

Anyway, I received my SL4802 Daytona. Works great, looks very gen-like and the rotor is not hearable on the wrist, the movement feels crisp, the crystal is much better than Clean's, yeah, for 380 euro, it's really a good deal.