• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Releases Daytona 126500 (Equipped with Dandong 4131 beta)

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
I am getting feeling the VSF glass is far from par Deep glass. The panda 116500 with deep glass and my new SBF xtal looks much more blurry in side angle. The 116500 with deep looks much more clear.

I know gen is also single AR coated so the glass may look like gen. But I like the glassless look of deep xstal much better so I will be going deep.

• Love
Reactions: ogh gee and AG91

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
VSF seems to have edge ring at the end of the black subddial!
Just like clean, which BT seems to be not.

After having it in hand how do the black rings on the subdials look in person? 🙂
I'm about to pull the trigger, just can't make my mind up if I want the white or black version 😅😅

After all the research I didn't think I'd get stuck on the colour at the end😅😅
It's hard to just pick one.

But after reading your review, you seem really impressed with the black dial neing closer to gen than the white panda??

I've never seen a gen so it won't matter to me i guess and ill be happy with either regardless 😆😆

It's my first rep and just getting my toes wet...

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
I am getting feeling the VSF glass is far from par Deep glass. The panda 116500 with deep glass and my new SBF xtal looks much more blurry in side angle. The 116500 with deep looks much more clear.

I know gen is also single AR coated so the glass may look like gen. But I like the glassless look of deep xstal much better so I will be going deep.

😆😆
You already posted the perfect response to my question before I saw this...
Thank you 🙏🙇‍♂️

Reactions: love_in_jumbo

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24
Just been looking at the Sugess Chrono V3 which has the Peacock movt, not bad if you don't mind a homage!

This is basically the same watch als the Daytona.
I got mine in my hand now.

I really really love the overall quality.

Pros
1. I value the dial most, so far I ‘think’ VSF has best black dial quality. I have heard clean has got better indices, but I think VSF has brighter subdial color which looks more gen. (At least in photos, clean seemed to have littler darker or gray hue on the sub dial)

2. So far, 48hour S/d is 1.8 seconds on wrist. It is my one of best error time I have seen so far (Out of 8 reps I bought so far)

3. Chrono works really good to. I have measured chrono up to 5 hours and timer on the cell phone showed less than 2 seconds diff. ( So the 1.8 S/d includes this condition of rinning chrono)

4. Subdial has rim at the end of dial which reflects light well.

Neutral
1. Rotor sound : Rotor makes bigger sounds as when it spins other way. But this noise is different from that of miyota’s rotor (I have 5 miyota based watch) It makes sound but much lower pitch , unlike hogh pitch on miyota that can be heard in quiet room. I have not heard any sound on my wrist. ( Yes you cna hear some sound when watch is in your and shaking it) But this watch, noise was not to be heard so far. (Again unlike miyota)

2. Winding Noise : I have also heard there is squicky sound then winding the crown. Indeed their is some high pitch sound. The funny thing is, the winding it self is really buttery. Almost same as my clean 116500. It feels very wierd to hear high pitch sound and feel buttery at the same time.

3. Round lugs : I had my clean 116500 next to each other. I am still not seeing it. I am not saying it is not there is no thinner lugs. But with a lot of effort. I am still not seeing anything so I am good with this.

Cons
1. Indeed print on crown is crappy. the three dot are just not in sync. But for me, I dont go look at crown, I seen dial all day.

2. The chrono button screw is wabblinh around like a very cheap watch. I have video for this. The buttons do not wabble when it is locked / opened tight. But in the middle, It shakes like $5 made in china toy.

I have asked steve and Seems like this might be not a normal thing. He offered me for the fix charge.Can anybody cross check thier chrono button for wabbling.

Very nice! I will let you know if I have any wobble when I get mine. I don't think that's normal, though.

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
swe
😆😆
You already posted the perfect response to my question before I saw this...
Thank you 🙏🙇‍♂️
Too add a little :)

For me, If were go to panda, I would go 116500, I just think 126500 panda’s subdial is too thin and feels more … I don’t know empty?

On top of that, I still hate the dial color hue of my clean panda. Even after swapping deep xstal. It still is too bright. Gen has more warm white color which makes it look classy. But almost all of rep has this blueish pale white dial. The old noob version and old RB dial looked warm enough to get the color right. I tried to even sunburn the white dial for few days.

Anyways. There are things that hurts each of us most. Each color and each factory has its own defects. I have to prioritize what you value the most.

I am the guy who cares about the dial most. As long the dial is beatiful, I get along with case shape and movement sound or whatever. But to me, faulty dial with perfect case shape and clone movement? It gives me stress every time.

So this hobby is basically hobby of prioritizing what you can bear with. :)

Dont try to get a perfect answer, Especially if this is your first buy. By buying a rep you will find your tast and learn more about yourself.

• Love
Reactions: ogh gee

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Beautiful reply thank you 😊
I agree, since the dial is what I'll be looking at most and it hard to unsee the little deatails that personally annoys you 😅😅
But still no point looking for perfection.

I think I'll pull the trigger on the DD4802 just to get my toes wet if you guys say it's a good and reliable movment.
The DD4131 looks pretty, but I'll prob never frankon a Daytona.

This hobby seems pretty addictive though 😅😅

I appreciate the help 🙏

116515guy

Getting To Know The Place
12/3/24
Would a dial from a 4801 based 126500 be interchangeable with a dial from a SH4131 126500?

Because I found a watch near by with a flawless dial but it's 4801 based

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Clean Factory Panda Daytona with ShangHai 4131 Movement
VS
VSF Panda Daytona with DanDong 4131 Movement

116515guy

12/3/24
So do you want think a 4801 Daytona dial would fit a clean SH4131 Daytona?

I ask because there is a 4801 VSF Daytona for sale locally with a perfectly straight dial that I want to use.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Vs因为丹东4131机芯供应不足。出了一个用丹东4130机芯装新款壳套的搭配。功能一样,不拆底盖看不出,也是种选择,价格也优惠一些。

Reactions: centrum

scarface1926

3/9/22

from what I understand the DD4130 will be used in the 126500?

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24

Because there is a shortage of the Dandong 4131 movement, a new combination using the Dandong 4130 movement in the new case has been introduced. The functions are the same, and you can't tell the difference without removing the case back. It’s also an option, and the price is a bit more favorable.

Happyyeren

3/7/24
VS

Nice comparison. The clean 126500 dial seems to be warmer than VS

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Maybe.. but the movement pics show a different colour so it could just be lighting? I have a VSF and I think it looks great and of course without a comparison its impossible to tell, besides what you really need is a comparison with Gen under strict lighting conditions.... there are many 'whites' ask any Snowman! 🤣

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
The latest Panda from China! 😳

IMG-0083.png

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
VS

Can you please do us a favor? Are the bezel engravings on the vsf shallower than clean bezel?

centrum

27/7/14
It's interesting to note that VS decided to use cal. 4130. I hope this means them making 116520's!