• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Releases Daytona 126500 (Equipped with Dandong 4131 beta)

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
In terms of reliability neither SH or DD4131 can be determined.

I was turned more towards the DD4131 due to better finish, the skeletonized escapement wheel, and a real paraflex shock absorber.

But if I was to get a second 126500 I think I would get a Clean due to aesthetics.

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24
Question. Had my eye on a panda dial for some time now and much prefer the newer design with the bezel ring (nod to the Paul Newman I feel)

With the release of VSF 126500 with DD4131 molded to look like gen movment do I go for that as I’ve heard DD4131 is better then SH4131?

Or do I go Cleans 126500 with SH4131 or VSF 126500 with DD4131 ? Which is the better more reliable movement

My main concern is As long as the exterior looks as close as it should I’m not fussed if the movement inside is made to look like a gen movement I’d rather just have a watch that is reliable

Thoughts welcome thanks help a guy finally pull the trigger
I went for the sl4802 for that exact reason. It’s a known and tested movement. I don’t care that it doesn’t try to look like gen.

And it’s 400 euro cheaper.

pack11

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
28/3/24
So VSF offers the 126500 Panda in 2 versions, one with the DD4131 Movement and one with the SL4801 Movement, correct? Are there any differences between the 2 versions or are they identical - except for the movement of course?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
So VSF offers the 126500 Panda in 2 versions, one with the DD4131 Movement and one with the SL4801 Movement, correct? Are there any differences between the 2 versions or are they identical - except for the movement of course?
Just the movement

Reactions: marcoxxxx84

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I went for the sl4802 for that exact reason. It’s a known and tested movement. I don’t care that it doesn’t try to look like gen.

And it’s 400 euro cheaper.
I’m seeing the vsf dd4131 for $630 USD which is about 588 euro. So the vsf 4802 is under 400 usd!?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I paid 380 incl. Shipping
I already have a white dial. Was planning to wait for a better Lemans as my black dial variant but I might give this a shot after all if I can find it around 350 usd.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Just arrived this morning!

IMG-3007.jpg
Nice. Which movement?

Reactions: Alessandro

WobuffetRep

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
17/1/24
“I couldn’t see any visual difference, until I used a micro lens”. “Not so fun fact, we also brought it to a watchmaker and he couldn’t spot any difference until he opened the case back either”.

Funny watching this. The sub that they used in the video was horrible but I wonder if the Daytona was a clean one?
KbpAhL.jpeg

Reactions: Jackster

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Looks great. First impressions? Is this the dd4131 version?
This watch is awesome, yes it is the DD4131, after 24 hours I am at about +7 sec, I have absolutley nothing bad to say about this watch, it makes me wish that I'd got into Daytona's years ago, I'm a massive Sub fan but now feel like i've been missing out.... Love it!😍

TheDarkChild

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
3/1/21
England
The only Vsf I can see is with the modded movement made to look like the real deal. I can see another with the skeleton internals by another factory SBF that has an A4131 around 400 dollars is that the one you got?

themaxx25

If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting...
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/4/24
CONUS
The only Vsf I can see is with the modded movement made to look like the real deal. I can see another with the skeleton internals by another factory SBF that has an A4131 around 400 dollars is that the one you got?
Read the very first post of this thread…answer is right there.

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
I got mine in my hand now.

I really really love the overall quality.

Pros
1. I value the dial most, so far I ‘think’ VSF has best black dial quality. I have heard clean has got better indices, but I think VSF has brighter subdial color which looks more gen. (At least in photos, clean seemed to have littler darker or gray hue on the sub dial)

2. So far, 48hour S/d is 1.8 seconds on wrist. It is my one of best error time I have seen so far (Out of 8 reps I bought so far)

3. Chrono works really good to. I have measured chrono up to 5 hours and timer on the cell phone showed less than 2 seconds diff. ( So the 1.8 S/d includes this condition of rinning chrono)

4. Subdial has rim at the end of dial which reflects light well.

Neutral
1. Rotor sound : Rotor makes bigger sounds as when it spins other way. But this noise is different from that of miyota’s rotor (I have 5 miyota based watch) It makes sound but much lower pitch , unlike hogh pitch on miyota that can be heard in quiet room. I have not heard any sound on my wrist. ( Yes you cna hear some sound when watch is in your and shaking it) But this watch, noise was not to be heard so far. (Again unlike miyota)

2. Winding Noise : I have also heard there is squicky sound then winding the crown. Indeed their is some high pitch sound. The funny thing is, the winding it self is really buttery. Almost same as my clean 116500. It feels very wierd to hear high pitch sound and feel buttery at the same time.

3. Round lugs : I had my clean 116500 next to each other. I am still not seeing it. I am not saying it is not there is no thinner lugs. But with a lot of effort. I am still not seeing anything so I am good with this.

Cons
1. Indeed print on crown is crappy. the three dot are just not in sync. But for me, I dont go look at crown, I seen dial all day.

2. The chrono button screw is wabblinh around like a very cheap watch. I have video for this. The buttons do not wabble when it is locked / opened tight. But in the middle, It shakes like $5 made in china toy.

I have asked steve and Seems like this might be not a normal thing. He offered me for the fix charge.Can anybody cross check thier chrono button for wabbling.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I got mine in my hand now.

I really really love the overall quality.

Pros
1. I value the dial most, so far I ‘think’ VSF has best black dial quality. I have heard clean has got better indices, but I think VSF has brighter subdial color which looks more gen. (At least in photos, clean seemed to have littler darker or gray hue on the sub dial)

2. So far, 48hour S/d is 1.8 seconds on wrist. It is my one of best error time I have seen so far (Out of 8 reps I bought so far)

3. Chrono works really good to. I have measured chrono up to 5 hours and timer on the cell phone showed less than 2 seconds diff. ( So the 1.8 S/d includes this condition of rinning chrono)

4. Subdial has rim at the end of dial which reflects light well.

Neutral
1. Rotor sound : Rotor makes bigger sounds as when it spins other way. But this noise is different from that of miyota’s rotor (I have 5 miyota based watch) It makes sound but much lower pitch , unlike hogh pitch on miyota that can be heard in quiet room. I have not heard any sound on my wrist. ( Yes you cna hear some sound when watch is in your and shaking it) But this watch, noise was not to be heard so far. (Again unlike miyota)

2. Winding Noise : I have also heard there is squicky sound then winding the crown. Indeed their is some high pitch sound. The funny thing is, the winding it self is really buttery. Almost same as my clean 116500. It feels very wierd to hear high pitch sound and feel buttery at the same time.

3. Round lugs : I had my clean 116500 next to each other. I am still not seeing it. I am not saying it is not there is no thinner lugs. But with a lot of effort. I am still not seeing anything so I am good with this.

Cons
1. Indeed print on crown is crappy. the three dot are just not in sync. But for me, I dont go look at crown, I seen dial all day.

2. The chrono button screw is wabblinh around like a very cheap watch. I have video for this. The buttons do not wabble when it is locked / opened tight. But in the middle, It shakes like $5 made in china toy.

I have asked steve and Seems like this might be not a normal thing. He offered me for the fix charge.Can anybody cross check thier chrono button for wabbling.

Thanks for the insights and nice pics. I’m assuming this is with the Sl 4802, not the DD4131?

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Just been looking at the Sugess Chrono V3 which has the Peacock movt, not bad if you don't mind a homage!