• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New Release DateJust 36mm 126234

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
I agree it's a matter of taste and you have to discover that for yourself. Tastes change over time, sometimes significantly.
Personally, in terms of DJ I'd be happy with both vsf and clean, the quality is high for both products. Vsf has the better movement. I have a clean 41mm (better case shape, they say, who'll really notice though?) and it's a beautiful watch.
Last, try other TDs and ask, the VSF 36mm fluted bezel should be available:

Hello, I don't know if you answered me too :) I don't quite understand why some TD names these dj reps 116234 and others 126234. In theory they should be the difference version (126234 is more updated) but maybe the Chinese call the same rep differently... Looking at the photos of Puretime and JTime I don't notice any differences.

I would prefer VSF for the best movement, but VSF does not produce the silver dial that Clean produces and which I like best. I've read that someone suggests taking more standard colors as blue is less faithful than the gen.

I remembered that you had a GMF, does the Clean give you more satisfaction now?

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
The gmf was for the missus, 36mm with diamond markers. I have just the clean and quite happy with it. It's a 41mm with Rhodium dial and jubilee bracelet. Someday I want to have a blue dial with smooth bezel and oyster bracelet, but I think I'll have to put it together myself as the combination is not that common.

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
3MfyNv.jpg

Vsf 36mm with gen smooth bezel.

Reactions: mcboom

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
I had both VSF franken 41mm and 36mm. Overall both were good on my chicken wrist, but 36mm more comfortable and had better proportion on my wrist.

At the end of the day nobody gives a shit what you are wearing, so njoy what you like :)

3IYM0p.jpg

3m1C1c.jpg

3BuVeo.jpg

Last edited:

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
The gmf was for the missus, 36mm with diamond markers. I have just the clean and quite happy with it. It's a 41mm with Rhodium dial and jubilee bracelet. Someday I want to have a blue dial with smooth bezel and oyster bracelet, but I think I'll have to put it together myself as the combination is not that common.

This dj

This rep suits you very well. But I have a thinner wrist than yours (16cm - 6.3 inches) and I think the 36mm fits better for my wrist.
However, I doubt that the 41 VSF is better than the 36, as it has been around longer and certainly they have made more. What do you think about it?

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I think you should just give it a go. I'd probably go for the 36mm with that wrist size (I have 17'5mm). I have an op in 36 and I like it also.
If you don't like it, plenty of prospective buyers in m2m.

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
I think you should just give it a go. I'd probably go for the 36mm with that wrist size (I have 17'5mm). I have an op in 36 and I like it also.
If you don't like it, plenty of prospective buyers in m2m.
Yes you are right! But I also have to say that 4 months ago I booked (or better the rlx dealer collected my expression of interest, as they say) for a datejust 36 silver dial - Jubilee bracelet - fluted bezel. So I would have the doubt that alternating two watches that differ only in the color of the dial might not be the best. So for this reason one option could be to take 41 as rep, but with the risk that I get tired soon. Or I could take the 36 but with a smooth bezel and/or oyster bracelet. I hope to eliminate any doubts and decide soon :)

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Well don't overthink it, as I said, any variant you'll decide will be a fast sell in m2m, with no loss if you keep the stickers on (except shipping, that's always on you).

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
It just doesn't feel solid like the sub, the bracelet feels light and cheap
what is the difference in weight on the latest gen. datejust 36 between the stainless steel jubilee vs oyster? from my experience with gen. aways the jubilee feels light and cheap compare to the oyster and specially on the older models that I am more familiar with.

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
Someone tried to source and install an oyster bracelet? Maybe GMF could be suitable

Reactions: dk2852

f4bi4n

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/12/22
G
Has anyone recommendations where to plate the bezel in Europe or Germany? Or buy one which is plated?

Reactions: mcboom