• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Yeah I agree, the black is the version to have in this model... previously it was the blue.

But I have to say... snobbishness aside... I do think the Submariner looks better, more simple, more classy, more boring but in a good way... the Seamaster is a little goofy, it's great but I don't think it's a classic.

I think its Omegas biggest fault... the short life span of their products, we've had massive Seamaster shake ups over the last 20 years and I don't know, I think its devalued the brand. I wanted to like the new one, but I just couldn't.

I sold both on here recently, black and a blue.

Black by far was the best, not even a question in my mind. And full disclosure, I love blue... I had the gen goldeneye and the gen blue ceramic (no waves)... but Black this variation >

Reactions: bibby1

shortlegs

31/5/19
Off topic, but IMO nothing devalues Omega more than the plethora of changes and variations and limited editions they have come up with. Someone got an Omega, yay! Then shortly after there's a limited edition that's supposed to be better. Makes the purchase of the "normal" or previous version much less special.

I guess the limited edition business model works that's why they persisted in doing it. But how much of it is due to people FOMOing over missing out, rather than a true love and loyalty to the brand?

But hey, what do I know? I'll just continue to enjoy the reps.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Can you get this watch with white lume instead of yellow/beige lume? I had one of these when they first came out and loved everything about the watch except for the yellowish lume color.

One word answer, "NO."

I know that there were pages and pages of discussion on this topic a while back in this thread and I was a part of it. Here is what you and many call yellow on mine in the car pulling up at my office this am. I know some will say it is not white enough, but to me it is just fine & I just don't see what all the fuss is about. I would order it again as it is one of the nicest reps out there. If you get it and somehow the lume bothers you, just get it re-lumed. Honestly, it'll cost you $50 or something and then we don't all have to hear about it. For me, I am saving the $50 and just wearing it as is. It hasn't bothered me 1 bit.
49937918776_5715b1ac4f_c.jpg

Last edited:

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
You mean I can't ask my TD for some extra yellow on my dial?! FFS... :ranting2::thumbsup:

Yobagemo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/5/20
Willy Wonka's Factory
I feel like I shouldn't say it, but I just have to....
I told you

You my sir, are more than right to say so.

It literally is the best of the best ( in my opinion), the quality and finish feels even better on this one than on my genuin pieces in the watchbox.
Would like a steel bracelet aswell for the winter times. Rubber will do during the summer tho :D

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
You my sir, are more than right to say so.

It literally is the best of the best ( in my opinion), the quality and finish feels even better on this one than on my genuin pieces in the watchbox.
Would like a steel bracelet aswell for the winter times. Rubber will do during the summer tho :D

I agree about the rubber for summer and steel for winter. I have the steel bracelet and the bracelet is one thing that I think they could have improved just a bit. A few of the edges, mostly around the clasp, were too sharp on the one I got. I took a polishing wheel and softened the edges just a bit and it now feels great, but out of the box it had a bit of an unfinished feel to it. Very small gripe...

Yobagemo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/5/20
Willy Wonka's Factory
I agree about the rubber for summer and steel for winter. I have the steel bracelet and the bracelet is one thing that I think they could have improved just a bit. A few of the edges, mostly around the clasp, were too sharp on the one I got. I took a polishing wheel and softened the edges just a bit and it now feels great, but out of the box it had a bit of an unfinished feel to it. Very small gripe...

With a creative mind its no biggie. Might get one myself if a TD can source just the bracelet

Reactions: SweWatchz

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Yeah I agree, the black is the version to have in this model... previously it was the blue.

But I have to say... snobbishness aside... I do think the Submariner looks better, more simple, more classy, more boring but in a good way... the Seamaster is a little goofy, it's great but I don't think it's a classic.

I think its Omegas biggest fault... the short life span of their products, we've had massive Seamaster shake ups over the last 20 years and I don't know, I think its devalued the brand. I wanted to like the new one, but I just couldn't.

I sold both on here recently, black and a blue.

Black by far was the best, not even a question in my mind. And full disclosure, I love blue... I had the gen goldeneye and the gen blue ceramic (no waves)... but Black this variation >

AP do ROO editions of drivers who never even won a Formula 1 championship, Rubens Barichello and Juan Pablo Montoya!

I think the previous generation seamaster will age better than this new wave dial.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I think the previous generation seamaster will age better than this new wave dial.

Have you had both? I have and I disagree. I think the old one looks great in pics but on the wrist the new one is, in my opinion, much better

Last edited:

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Have you had both? I have and I disagree. I think the old one looks great in pics but on the wrist the new one is, in my opinion, much better

I have the previous one in gen and yes the new one does look more modern and better right now but it's a bit more busy/fashionable which means that it could date faster in the next 10-20 years. That's why submariners are so classic.

If you're buying a $400 rep then this isn't a concern at all.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I have the previous one in gen and yes the new one does look more modern and better right now but it's a bit more busy/fashionable which means that it could date faster in the next 10-20 years. That's why submariners are so classic.

If you're buying a $400 rep then this isn't a concern at all.

You might be right. I guess only time will tell, right? The wave pattern is much more subtle than it looks in some pics. I still like the 2254.50 model that has waves from 1996

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
One word answer, "NO."

I know that there were pages and pages of discussion on this topic a while back in this thread and I was a part of it. Here is what you and many call yellow on mine in the car pulling up at my office this am. I know some will say it is not white enough, but to me it is just fine & I just don't see what all the fuss is about. I would order it again as it is one of the nicest reps out there. If you get it and somehow the lume bothers you, just get it re-lumed. Honestly, it'll cost you $50 or something and then we don't all have to hear about it. For me, I am saving the $50 and just wearing it as is. It hasn't bothered me 1 bit.
49937918776_5715b1ac4f_c.jpg

Nice looking watch. Thanks for the pic!

How is the quality of the rubber strap (Haptic, is close to gen)?
When I get this watch I will also ask my Watchmaker to make a relume on it. Its around 80 Euros incl taking the dial out and in. I think its a fair price and it will make the watch much more gen alike.

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

Why not read through the thread and find out? That question was answered very recently.
I know because I wrote the response to it... and it was only a few days ago...

Such spoon feed, many wow.

Last edited:
Reactions: lumentin

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Why not read through the thread and find out? That question was answered very recently.
I know because I wrote the response to it... and it was only a few days ago...

Such spoon feed, many wow.

I started at the beginning and at page 60 or something I jumped to the end. My bad sorry. So I will continue from page 60 and will figure it out. Thanks for pointing out that it was answered already.

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

When I get this watch I will also ask my Watchmaker to make a relume on it. Its around 80 Euros incl taking the dial out and in. I think its a fair price and it will make the watch much more gen alike.

The Rubber is very good. Please take pics before and after the re-lume. I personally don't think it is needed, but hey, go for it and let us know how it turns out. I don't think it is a terrible idea or anything... just don't think it is worth the effort.