• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
So after reading all of the 3361 posts in this thread and taking side notes while doing it, I came up with a small list of some QC Issues that can be found.
Most of them are really rare to be seen! In some of the QC maybe one or two of them might appear --> never all of them at the same time.

I chose to post the list here, so other members dont need to read all the thread and know what to look out for.
I personally really enjoyed reading the thread except of the pages were the only dicusson was about the lume issue. I have to admit, that I myself also asked about the lume before reading the entire thread. If there are any points that shouldn't be in my list or should be added feel free to tell me.
I am sorry if the list seems overly picky for some of you but its just an write down of the issues I found while reading.

A rep is still a rep so dont think it will be perfect. Just look out for issues which you would mind and decide if you can live with them or not. Most of the QC issues I saw can be fixed by an watchmaker.

At this point I want to thank the most active members in this thread for the amazing info they shared here!

VSF 2018 Seamaster Diver 300 QC Checklist:
  • Normally to be checked by TD: --> so you need to trust you TD on that
    • Is the Bezel only rotating Anticlockwise? (only saw it once)
    • Crown Positions (Post#1517)
      • No adjusting the Date when trying to screw down the crown
      • Good Crown position Feedback --> not flimsy
  • To be checked in QC photos:
    • Rotation
      • Is the Dial+Bezel position rotated to the Case? --> more hard to be fixed but its possible
      • Is the Bezel-insert rotated to the Bezel? --> can be fixed
    • Alignment (most of the times its just the angle the photo was taken but sometimes its an real issue)
      • Is the Dial aligned with the Bezel and Bezel-Insert?
      • Are the hour-markers aligned? Especially the 3 and 9 --> can be fixed
      • 12 Marker same height (up/down) problem --> can be fixed
      • Pearl alignment + any space left from drilling the bezel
    • Glue
      • Any glue around markers and/or pearl?
    • Printing
      • Dial printing issues of Omega writing
      • Are all minute markers printed correctly (only saw this issue at one QC)
    • Not centered DW --> rare issue
    • Lume (Post#2265) better lume if modding is needed: BGW9 x1
      • Sometimes it seems yellow/offwhite a lot; however most of the times its just fine. latest batch seems to have a difference in lume between markers and hands --> but that’s not an issue of QC, most of the new watches will have it. If you mind it do a relume.
      • Lume applied nicly in the 6 marker

Last edited:

Enretic

Horology Curious
18/5/20
Morning guys - not sure if the below is "off topic" or not.
I wanted to switch my bracelet with the VSF Rubber strap and it's just IMPOSSIBLE to put it in place...
I probably spent 2 hours by forcing again and again, and it's no use... I can put the small metallic bar within the 1st notch, but impossible to reach the second one..
So I was wondering if you guys had the same experience?

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
You need bent springbars. You can bend your straight ones with a special tool, or over a curved surface with your thumbs on each end of the springbar. I used a curved table edge to bend mine and then the rubber went straight on.

Reactions: lumentin

Enretic

Horology Curious
18/5/20
Wow guys many thanks!!! I was so desperate and frustrated yesterday, I'll try the bend method right away :)

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I wanted to switch my bracelet with the VSF Rubber strap and it's just IMPOSSIBLE to put it in place........

If you do a search on this thread, you should see this topic at least 2 other times. You should also see the tool and/or approximately what the springbar should look like once bent. If you bend it without a tool I suggest going slow. You can link it, ruining the springbar. Not all that big of a deal, but then you have to get another one.

Enretic

Horology Curious
18/5/20
If you do a search on this thread, you should see this topic at least 2 other times. You should also see the tool and/or approximately what the springbar should look like once bent. If you bend it without a tool I suggest going slow. You can link it, ruining the springbar. Not all that big of a deal, but then you have to get another one.

Thanks for your advice but I did it to be honest. Searching "spring", "springbar" "screwdriver" "screw" words and nothing showed up in the thread... Hence my question.
I'd be keen to find out the former discussion to see the tool needed, any recommended key word to help me finding this? I've just tried "tool" and can't see discussion as well..

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Thanks for your advice but I did it to be honest. Searching "spring", "springbar" "screwdriver" "screw" words and nothing showed up in the thread... Hence my question.
I'd be keen to find out the former discussion to see the tool needed, any recommended key word to help me finding this? I've just tried "tool" and can't see discussion as well..

Ok, so I didn't know the search was broken. Here is the tool that you are looking for:

Omar9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/18
Morning guys - not sure if the below is "off topic" or not.
I wanted to switch my bracelet with the VSF Rubber strap and it's just IMPOSSIBLE to put it in place...
I probably spent 2 hours by forcing again and again, and it's no use... I can put the small metallic bar within the 1st notch, but impossible to reach the second one..

Funnily enough I had the same issue and thought I was going mad. Somehow I managed to get it on without bending it after many attempts :eek:hwell:

Vicarious

24/2/19
So after reading all of the 3361 posts in this thread and taking side notes while doing it, I came up with a small list of some QC Issues that can be found.
Most of them are really rare to be seen! In some of the QC maybe one or two of them might appear --> never all of them at the same time.

I chose to post the list here, so other members dont need to read all the thread and know what to look out for.
I personally really enjoyed reading the thread except of the pages were the only dicusson was about the lume issue. I have to admit, that I myself also asked about the lume before reading the entire thread. If there are any points that shouldn't be in my list or should be added feel free to tell me.
I am sorry if the list seems overly picky for some of you but its just an write down of the issues I found while reading.

A rep is still a rep so dont think it will be perfect. Just look out for issues which you would mind and decide if you can live with them or not. Most of the QC issues I saw can be fixed by an watchmaker.

At this point I want to thank the most active members in this thread for the amazing info they shared here!

VSF 2018 Seamaster Diver 300 QC Checklist:
  • Normally to be checked by TD: --> so you need to trust you TD on that
    • Is the Bezel only rotating Anticlockwise? (only saw it once)
    • Crown Positions (Post#1517)
      • No adjusting the Date when trying to screw down the crown
      • Good Crown position Feedback --> not flimsy
  • To be checked in QC photos:
    • Rotation
      • Is the Dial+Bezel position rotated to the Case? --> more hard to be fixed but its possible
      • Is the Bezel-insert rotated to the Bezel? --> can be fixed
    • Alignment (most of the times its just the angle the photo was taken but sometimes its an real issue)
      • Is the Dial aligned with the Bezel and Bezel-Insert?
      • Are the hour-markers aligned? Especially the 3 and 9 --> can be fixed
      • 12 Marker same height (up/down) problem --> can be fixed
      • Pearl alignment + any space left from drilling the bezel
    • Glue
      • Any glue around markers and/or pearl?
    • Printing
      • Dial printing issues of Omega writing
      • Are all minute markers printed correctly (only saw this issue at one QC)
    • Not centered DW --> rare issue
    • Lume (Post#2265) better lume if modding is needed: BGW9 x1
      • Sometimes it seems yellow/offwhite a lot; however most of the times its just fine. latest batch seems to have a difference in lume between markers and hands --> but that’s not an issue of QC, most of the new watches will have it. If you mind it do a relume.
      • Lume applied nicly in the 6 marker

Thanks, very useful info.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

ManuelCalavera

31/7/19

Thanks very much for this info.

As someone who didn't read through the thread, I had a question about the rose gold version. Was there any comment about how durable it is? Debating between that or the SS blue dial version but wanted to know if the RG is going to wear off quickly. From what I read the YG on the datejust versions is good enough now, just wanted to know if the RG on the omega's is also good enough.

Reactions: chentepilot

AllanUSC

Known Member
16/2/20
Debating between that or the SS blue dial version...

If you choose the SS Blue, you won't have to worry about anything ever rubbing off...
SMP300 Blue - AllanUSC

Reactions: Therion666

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
........ question about the rose gold version. Was there any comment about how durable it is?.......but wanted to know if the RG is going to wear off quickly..........

It all about how thick they do the plating. I haven't heard of anyone wearing through it yet, but it hasn't been out very long either. The makers don't publish the thickness of the plating as far as I know so obviously it it a bit uncertain.

With that said a lot of us have had other gens and reps with plated gold. My experience was after wearing every day for something like 2 years it will start to show. In my case I wouldn't call it unwearable, but it was noticeable if you looked for it. Let's call it 500 days... if you wear it every day you might like the watch for 1.5 yrs. If you wear it once a week you might like it for 10 yrs. For me, I would say it is good enough for an occasional wear watch, but not for an every day watch