• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Yobagemo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/5/20
Willy Wonka's Factory
e-mail some of the TD's. Best one before they went to the new seamaster was mkf v4. I had it & it was very nice. I have no idea if they are still are making it or not. If they are, the TD's will know & if not, they do pop up on m2m from time to time

Nice, thats some good info sir. i will check with a TD. Thanks!

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Bro, that dial looks mad skewed. Its tilted way too much, you can see the index is not aligned with the watch itself at 12 and 6 o'clock

Thanks for your valuable insight, Maybe that's why I bought the genuine which will arrive next Friday

Does this Black one look better?

IMG_0363a2dd819d45cdc2cb.jpg

Enretic

Horology Curious
18/5/20
Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your insights, I read/skimed the entire 221 pages of this thread, it's quite incredible the level of information we can get here! :)
You've all convinced me to go for this amazing model, but before buying, I was trying to find out one answer within the overall discussion: "how close/accurate is the VSF Blue dial vs. gen ?"
I understand from old post that black is easier to replicate. However, I have not seen a proper blue gen so it's hard for me to estimate whether the blue is accurate or not.
I've also watched lot of video and, obviously, depending on the light condition, the dial go from blue navy to electric.

#1 The blue of this video is really navy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX9MQ7Rgnbw

#2 Whilst this one is quite electric:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHp_N5ut-HQ&feature=youtu.be

From the overall pictures I've seen within the thread, I feel like the overall tone is more oriented towards electric blue (video #2) but I would be keen to get your opinion.
Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Therion666

Yobagemo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/5/20
Willy Wonka's Factory
Thanks for your valuable insight, Maybe that's why I bought the genuine which will arrive next Friday

Does this Black one look better?

IMG_0363a2dd819d45cdc2cb.jpg

My dearest Sir and fellow member of RWI. It certainly does look much better. And thank you for your lovely picture that ive used as my night material. I have already used one whole roll of toiletpaper thanks to you. Its awesome, and im a little bit jealous. To me this is one of the hottest watches you can get. Id choose that over a rolley all day (if u dont compare value and aftermarket prices hehe). Awesome photo mate. Keep them coming.

divemax

2/7/14
Texas, USA
Can you get this watch with white lume instead of yellow/beige lume? I had one of these when they first came out and loved everything about the watch except for the yellowish lume color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Can you get this watch with white lume instead of yellow/beige lume? I had one of these when they first came out and loved everything about the watch except for the yellowish lume color.

Yep, Omega make a pretty good one. Haha.
On a serious note I don’t think VSF have any clue this is a problem! Which is a shame as it would be good enough with nice white lume!

Reactions: lumentin

divemax

2/7/14
Texas, USA
On a serious note I don’t think VSF have any clue this is a problem! Which is a shame as it would be good enough with nice white lume!

I agree

divemax

2/7/14
Texas, USA

I agree. I think they sell a lot more if they change the lume color.

Reactions: botsyboy

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
The black ceramic dial and new blue / gold combo appear to have a more white lume, but i checked with my dealer recently and he said the others are still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
You've all convinced me to go for this amazing model, but before buying, I was trying to find out one answer within the overall discussion: "how close/accurate is the VSF Blue dial vs. gen ?"..............

This topic comes up fairly often with any dials that are not either black or white. Often times dial get compared from pictures that come from different sources with different lighting and different camera settings and people would say the Raptors not compare well with the Gen. I have had two of the black ones but none of the blue ones of this model. I might not be the one the best one to ask what I would say in general if I wanted the blue one I would just go and buy it and don't worry too much about. You're not likely to ever come across someone else out in the wild with the exact same watch and was out a Gen 2 compared to right next to your rap you're never going to be able to tell the difference

Reactions: Therion666

Enretic

Horology Curious
18/5/20
This topic comes up fairly often with any dials that are not either black or white. Often times dial get compared from pictures that come from different sources with different lighting and different camera settings and people would say the Raptors not compare well with the Gen. I have had two of the black ones but none of the blue ones of this model. I might not be the one the best one to ask what I would say in general if I wanted the blue one I would just go and buy it and don't worry too much about. You're not likely to ever come across someone else out in the wild with the exact same watch and was out a Gen 2 compared to right next to your rap you're never going to be able to tell the difference

Thanks for this Nanook65! Indeed I'm not at all excepting such situation, and if it happens (a direct gen vs. replica confrontation) frankly I'll not mind :)
My question was actually not well formulated, sorry for this. I was more asking the color accuracy to understand if VSF are more biased overall towards the "electric blue" or the "navy blue" (that I can tend to see on OMEGA website).
The reason of my question is simply that I'm hesitating between black or blue. I'm not asking the naïve "which one is best color" question, since it's clearly a taste choice, so I'm just trying to assess all elements to make a final decision. If the VSF blue is much more light/electric than the GEN one, I'll probably go for the black.
Thank you.

bibby1

Known Member
2/3/15
United states
Maybe I’m not looking hard enough, are there any plain black dial seamasters currently out? It seems all I’ve seen lately are the waves in the dial. There must be a solid black option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
i’m not sure of this is what you mean. But the blue dial and the bezel changes shades of blue depending on the light. It could be light blue and dark blue. This is true for the rep and the gen. So the pic you see on the omega site, is only one shade it is capable of. I hope that makes sense?

Reactions: lumentin

Enretic

Horology Curious
18/5/20
i’m not sure of this is what you mean. But the blue dial and the bezel changes shades of blue depending on the light. It could be light blue and dark blue. This is true for the rep and the gen. So the pic you see on the omega site, is only one shade it is capable of. I hope that makes sense?

Thanks a lot ! Yes it makes sense. Cheers.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I personally don't really like the shade of blue they chose for this version. And the black dial changes its appearance in different light conditions enough to make the watch interesting. It's also much more versatile than the blue version, it can be worn with anything.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
These two photos were taken at the AD's. I like the way the blue version looks inside, but I find it to be too electric blue outside in natural light.