• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Artisans de Genève “Andrea Pirlo Project”

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18

Just received my QC pics after around 2 weeks, and it seems they fixed the spelling on the caseback. Maybe this is a V2? I just gave them the greenlight.

StanleyKipski

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/8/20
Dallas
Did they ever make the gold one in gen .. i really like these but feel its so limited people will know..

Anadrol5

14/10/18
cMYpc.jpg

Just received my QC pics after around 2 weeks, and it seems they fixed the spelling on the caseback. Maybe this is a V2? I just gave them the greenlight.

Are you sure this is the VRF version and not the WWF version? I may be mistaken but the texture of the back of the case as well as the shape of the crown looks like a WWF version.

Last edited:

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Are you sure this is the VRF version and not the WWF version? I may be mistaken but the texture of the back of the case as well as the shape of the crown looks like a WWF version.

Yup it's the VRF version

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Yup it's the VRF version

I'm not saying you're wrong but I have this VRF watch and the back does not look like your pic whereas the WWF version does. Even if your watch is a V2 VRF they would not have updated the back to look like that (coarser) because the gen does not look like that.

WWF

VRF

Gen

Maybe your TD made a mistake and mixed those two up? Tell me what you think.

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
I'm not saying you're wrong but I have this VRF watch and the back does not look like your pic whereas the WWF version does. Even if your watch is a V2 VRF they would not have updated the back to look like that (coarser) because the gen does not look like that.

Hmm...this is weird. I ordered from PT and on their site they don't seem to offer the WWF version. I should receive the watch in a few days and I'll double with them.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Can anyone who have this watch take a pic of your crown for me? Mine has this tiny gap between the case and the crown when the crown is fully screwed in. I want to know if its only my piece (and hence a manufacturing error) or every piece is made this way. Although the gap is only about 1mm it is quite noticeable and abit of an eye-sore on an otherwise perfect watch.

gCHuW.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

WWF

VRF

His rotor is like the VRF and not the WWF. Check out the fonts and the outlined (hollow) star after IL MAESTRO

cMYpc.jpg

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
So I have the VRF's first version with the misspelt case back. One mod which I was thinking of doing even before I got the watch was to colour the 3130 at the back. Today I was in an art shop and saw they have a special on 3 metal coloured Sharpies for £4 and one of them is bronze - which is what the hands and rotor are. I made the mistake of not using spirits at the beginning, but once I have used it, it was a pretty easy thing to do with some cotton buds, a small tissue and a toothpick (using the toothpick as a mop on top of the tissue to soak up the excess paint)
d0603c011f2796b724c613cadde5a575.jpg
8d43eae9c24610f993b4fd16ceb03bbc.jpg
1a1f0b9425997a58690bc43f315f18ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
So I have the VRF's first version with the misspelt case back. One mod which I was thinking of doing even before I got the watch was to colour the 3130 at the back. Today I was in an art shop and saw they have a special on 3 metal coloured Sharpies for £4 and one of them is bronze - which is what the hands and rotor are. I made the mistake of not using spirits at the beginning, but once I have used it, it was a pretty easy thing to do with some cotton buds, a small tissue and a toothpick (using the toothpick as a mop on top of the tissue to soak up the excess paint)
d0603c011f2796b724c613cadde5a575.jpg
8d43eae9c24610f993b4fd16ceb03bbc.jpg
1a1f0b9425997a58690bc43f315f18ab.jpg

Looks amazing, could you make a thread showing a step by step, very interested.

Sent from the RWI App

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Looks amazing, could you make a thread showing a step by step, very interested.

Sent from the RWI App
I was pretty simple:
1) open case back
2) colour in the numbers
3) let it dry a bit (a few minutes)
4) put some alcohol spirits on a small bowl (a few drops)
4) with a cotton bud dab a little bit of the spirit and gently place it on areas you over coloured on step 2.
5) put a small pit of tissue paper and gently use a toothpick to glide the tissue around to absorb the excess paint.
6) repeat step 2 until the results looks OK with a loupe.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Ernesteka

Certified
1/5/20
I just pulled the trigger on the VRF-Version on Jtime. Will post some QC pictures of the back to see if they fixed the spelling error.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/18
Looks like VRF have fixed the caseback. Mine approved today
VadSsq.jpg

VadFpp.jpg

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
looks great mate!!!the pictures don't do these justice at all!you wont be able to take your eyes off it once you get on your wrist.

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Mine just came in as well. Loving it!
ZDP5qS.jpg
EDIT: the white mark on the bezel near 12:00 is just a small piece of paper that I forgot to get rid off lol
ZDPeZW.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Xilikon

lao219755

Do not accept unsolicited offers
20/7/20
Asia
Congrats!
Beautiful as rare as chicken's teeth !
Mine just came in as well. Loving it!
ZDP5qS.jpg
EDIT: the white mark on the bezel near 12:00 is just a small piece of paper that I forgot to get rid off lol
ZDPeZW.jpg

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I can confirm that recent batch of this watch is a silent release V2 with a couple of improvements.

I bought this watch when it was first released and recently bought another one because the first one has a couple of minor manufacturing flaws. I really like this watch and wanted a perfect piece.

The noticeable changes are as follows:
1. The round hour markers on the dial have been made slightly bigger and hence closer to the gen;
2. The small stick markers on the bezel have been made slightly bolder;
3. The back case has been made coarse/matt ( V1 was smooth)

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Anyone else get the silent "V2" release?
Would love to see more pictures and hear your thoughts.

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
Hi, to all the owners of the VRF variant if it is possible to know whats the quality of the bezel? Is it any good? Any fadings on the bezel numerals till know?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using RWI