• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Artisans de Genève “Andrea Pirlo Project”

realgenericuser

Getting To Know The Place
25/2/17
I actually really like the blue one. Who the hell will call you out on it in real life?

Nobody. And it gives you a really fun response if anyone questions it's authenticity (which no one ever does, but anyway) as you can launch into a screed about Rolex hating customizers and claiming that anything customized "is no longer a Rolex."

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Loving mine on my holiday...

P.s I didn't have a banana for scale, so I used my watch, figure I shared it here too
b1d191314bb43165f29d395ce323cd5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

guillaumelagier

Getting To Know The Place
9/6/20
Hi, has anyone bought the artisans rough matt GMF, i'm curious to know more about these watches? the more time passes, the more I want to buy the carbon.........................

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Hi, has anyone bought the artisans rough matt GMF, i'm curious to know more about these watches? the more time passes, the more I want to buy the carbon.........................
What does it look like? Do you have a link or photo?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Im still fairly new to reps and watches in general so sorry if this is a dumb question but regarding the skeleton sub, is the movement one that can be serviced by any watchsmith or am I going to have to find a very specific watchsmith? What I mean is that some watchsmiths won’t even look at tourbillons because of the complexity, does the same apply to this custom 3130? I am thinking of modding the appearance of this watch so if I spend that much money on a watch, I want to make sure it runs for 5 years at least lol.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Im still fairly new to reps and watches in general so sorry if this is a dumb question but regarding the skeleton sub, is the movement one that can be serviced by any watchsmith or am I going to have to find a very specific watchsmith? What I mean is that some watchsmiths won’t even look at tourbillons because of the complexity, does the same apply to this custom 3130? I am thinking of modding the appearance of this watch so if I spend that much money on a watch, I want to make sure it runs for 5 years at least lol.

There shouldn't be any additional difficulty servicing this movement. In fact it's completely missing all calendar parts so in that respect it's simpler. The framework will necessarily be a little more fragile, so extra care would be in order but there's not any extra complexity.

Reactions: CarmeloAnthony

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
There shouldn't be any additional difficulty servicing this movement. In fact it's completely missing all calendar parts so in that respect it's simpler. The framework will necessarily be a little more fragile, so extra care would be in order but there's not any extra complexity.

Thank you for letting me know that. Im going to create a piece unique lol. New open case back to remove the ARTSAN lol. New bezel with some gemstones to add some flash without making it looks like a rapper’s watch. Exotic leather strap. But movements I have no idea as I’m still learning so I need experts to help me out lol. Thanks.

Reactions: KJ2020

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
once you see it in the flesh you wont want to change the bezel insert,it looks awesome in my opinion.

the only thing i would do would be to send it to the prof and get both crystals ar coated,but its all personal preference.

bc1221

Respected Member
30/4/14
That doesn’t look too bad for a rep. The one dead give away is the balance tab.

Also agreed with KJ. It def looks unbalanced. Maybe they can skeletonize the date plate and add a little rectangle like hublots but put the date on the 9 marker.

I think that would balance it out more but then there’s another entire plate to skeletonize plus, the date wheel bits.

Still. Not too bad for a rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Any way to get rid of that “Artsan” case back? Lol. I asked Trusty if a regular sub case back would fit and he said no. If there’s any sort of replacement case back available then please let me know whether it’s open or closed!

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
caseback issue has been solved,but you need to buy the wwf factory version,at least they can spell artisans correctly.

Reactions: Rufctr2

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The WWF hour dots are larger like the gen and the rotor edges look clean. The coronet logo on the crystal is terrible though.

JEEFQ.jpg