• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Artisans de Genève “Andrea Pirlo Project”

Ajaneson

Getting To Know The Place
24/12/18
I contemplated the same thing but the trouble is, being a 'fringe/niche' watch it may never make it to V2 (there may not be enough demand to make a V2). If V1 gets sold out and they never make V2 you miss out on an otherwise very good rep watch. That's the trouble with reps I suppose. For this reason, I had to pull the trigger.

Hmmmmm.... thst a good point....just when I thought I had saved myself 500 bucks... I may have to pull that trigger.

Ajaneson

24/12/18
I contemplated the same thing but the trouble is, being a 'fringe/niche' watch it may never make it to V2 (there may not be enough demand to make a V2). If V1 gets sold out and they never make V2 you miss out on an otherwise very good rep watch. That's the trouble with reps I suppose. For this reason, I had to pull the trigger.

Hmmmmm.... thats a good point....just when I thought I had saved myself 500 bucks... I may have to pull that trigger.

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
Hmmmmm .... c'est un bon point ... juste au moment où je pensais m'être économisé 500 dollars ... Je devrais peut-être appuyer sur cette gâchette.
rather 600 usd if you add the shipping costs jajajajajajajaja, but hey if you like ......... It is worth it for sure. We are still talking about an exceptional watch for a gen so for a representative it's incredible the work done. Afterwards, I think it's a watch that doesn't necessarily please everyone.

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
We must establish a fact, the Chinese are improving month by month !! and every year it's a huge leap forward in reps.

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
I think I see another flaw, gen has an ar coating on the glass for the skeleton, which the rep does not seem to have, and this is a real shame and bothers me a bit for a skeleton watch.

Reactions: vcappp

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I think I see another flaw, gen has an ar coating on the glass for the skeleton, which the rep does not seem to have, and this is a real shame and bothers me a bit for a skeleton watch.

I would normally be quite concerned too if the gen had AR coating and the rep did not. But for this watch it does not bother me at all. Nobody would ever have heard of this watch and the chances of meeting someone who has the gen watch is zero.

Reactions: vcappp

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
Yes you are right, but it is so much more beautiful an ar coating on a skeleton dial, for example I could not imagine a big bang unico hublot without an AR coating, the watch would seem simply low-end. But for the pirlo artisans of geneva I am not sure of what I advance having seen neither gen nor rep in real life.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Regardless of whether the gen of this watch has AR coating or not I think you can take solace in the fact that non of the high-end luxury brand use AR coating in any of its skeleton watches. For example the AP Royal Oak Double Balance wheel don't have AR coating. I used to own a gen Vacheron Constantin Malte skeleton watch and that didn't have AR coating. Even Roger Dubuis has removed AR coating on its Excalibur skeleton watches (these watches cost $150k). No offense but I don't consider Hublot a high-end brand.

Last edited:
Reactions: nobigdeal2010

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
ok, thanks, i wasn't aware, no internal crystal ar? we learn every day, so that confirms that this is really a great watch ..........

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
Que la génération de cette montre ait un revêtement AR ou non, je pense que vous pouvez être réconforté par le fait qu'aucune marque de luxe haut de gamme n'utilise un revêtement AR dans l'une de ses montres squelettes. Par exemple, la roue AP Royal Oak Double Balance n'a pas de revêtement AR. J'avais l'habitude de posséder une montre squelette de la génération Vacheron Constantin Malte et qui n'avait pas de revêtement AR. Même Roger Dubuis a retiré le revêtement AR de ses montres squelettes Excalibur (ces montres coûtent 150 000 $). Aucune offense mais je ne considère pas Hublot comme une marque haut de gamme.

Dernière édition par Anadrol5 ; 31-07-20, 12:59 .
ok, thank you, I was not aware, we learn every day, so it confirms that this is really a great watch ..........
The watches you suggest above don't have an internal crystal ar, either?

Anadrol5

14/10/18
ok, thank you, I was not aware, we learn every day, so it confirms that this is really a great watch ..........
The watches you suggest above don't have an internal crystal ar, either?

Do you mean colourless AR? I dont think so. I currently own gen APs and the cystals dont look any different from rep watches. Even if they did I dont think it makes any difference because as anyone who owns a watch knows watch crystals never stay pristine when you are wearing a watch in real life. Unless they carry cleaning cloth with them wherever they go watch crystals always get smitten with fingerprints.

Reactions: buzz483

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
no ar on mine,you could send it to the prof but i dont know if he could do it as the rolex is printed on the inside of the crystal.i wouldnt know if it would affect being able to ar coat it

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I must say, there aren't enough pictures in the last 100 posts in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: buzz483

bgood11

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
20/8/19
Honestly, how is it that a rep watch can be so good?

It’s great honestly. Good detail. Only minor gripe would be the bezel is slightly loose...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgood11

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
20/8/19
Honestly, how is it that a rep watch can be so good?

It’s great honestly. Good detail. Only minor gripe would be the bezel is slightly loose...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk