• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Artisans de Genève “Andrea Pirlo Project”

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
So mine just arrived. One thing which is a flaw (not due to the crystal) is the alignment of the dial. You can see on my macro photo that I set my hands at 12, the hands actually doesn't point to 12 to the dial but it actually sits almost directly underneath the mid coronet. I don't have time yet, but will draw some lines to see how bad is the alignment. It looks like is 1 second off too much to the left.
81186ad77e4aadbe8b3c5f250bb0ac1e.jpg
2885c617afa325ab85ae9768945d0b8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

bgood11

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
20/8/19
I have really liked this piece but this is the first wrist shot I've seen and it just all changed.

I looked at it on wrist and all I could notice was the big gap. It looks totally unfinished. Not to mention, I can't see the hands at all really. There is so much going on that while looking at the watch, it looks like it is difficult to look at it to determine the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah I see your point. I quite like the gap where you can see your wrist. Honestly I’m real life you can see the hands pretty clearly but it’s definitely going to be everyone’s cup of tea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I have really liked this piece but this is the first wrist shot I've seen and it just all changed.

I looked at it on wrist and all I could notice was the big gap. It looks totally unfinished. Not to mention, I can't see the hands at all really. There is so much going on that while looking at the watch, it looks like it is difficult to look at it to determine the time.

It is something that I like. It is something that I want to like. And I do enjoy looking at it, but I'm just not sure if it's something... I'm not even sure.

I need somekne to C&R this so I can check it out.

In natural light
b193f0b83bef04a0045ca7b0200452cf.jpg

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
In natural light
b193f0b83bef04a0045ca7b0200452cf.jpg

And that's the quandary. I learned a long time ago that watches can feel different in person and on wrist than they do in pictures.

I am hated watches in pictures and then tried them on and love them (Hulk and Panerai 985) or loved them in pics and hated them on wrist.

That's one thing that can probably be assumed safely about this watch. Going to feel different on wrist than it is in pictures. I just saw thst wrist shot and got a little glimpse that I hadn't seen before.

Hazing

9/5/19
It really is a sharp watch though. Flashy. It's a flashy watch for just a stainless steel diver.

It's bling for those who don't like to bling in the traditional way lol.

Xilikon

20/8/19
So mine just arrived. One thing which is a flaw (not due to the crystal) is the alignment of the dial. You can see on my macro photo that I set my hands at 12, the hands actually doesn't point to 12 to the dial but it actually sits almost directly underneath the mid coronet. I don't have time yet, but will draw some lines to see how bad is the alignment. It looks like is 1 second off too much to the left.

It seems the LEC on the bottom is shifted one second to the left so I believe the crystal is installed not aligned properly but it's a very easy fix for a watchmaker to remove and reinstall the crystal to get aligned.

Hazing

9/5/19
The more I look at it, the more it grows on me though. The part of me that doesn't like it is saying "it looks so big" which I'm just realizing one of the things I don't like as much, is that it's so big.... but its not. Is it?

It's just a 40mm sub c case. So I think it may just be my brain trying to preemptively talk myself out of wanting it.

How is the lec? bgood11 because it looks bold. Like the lec you see on DHGate watches.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14

You can see the yellow line is not exactly converging at the same point as the others
2e8c651ed82eb086e7dc782d9d6f7cc4.jpg

bgood11

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
20/8/19
The more I look at it, the more it grows on me though. The part of me that doesn't like it is saying "it looks so big" which I'm just realizing one of the things I don't like as much, is that it's so big.... but its not. Is it?

It's just a 40mm sub c case. So I think it may just be my brain trying to preemptively talk myself out of wanting it.

How is the lec? bgood11 because it looks bold. Like the lec you see on DHGate watches.

LEC looks good to me
302e1fbc58667f99ecdfa9703b4aa01e.plist

Reactions: vcappp and Hazing

bgood11

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
20/8/19
Fvck. It. I’m gonna order one. Lol

Honestly, I ordered it on impulse and thought I wouldn’t like it that much but honestly I really like it haha. From a distance you’d just think it was a standard subby but up close the bezel is really nice and that skeleton is just understated bling.

Reactions: KJ2020

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Honestly, I ordered it on impulse and thought I wouldn’t like it that much but honestly I really like it haha. From a distance you’d just think it was a standard subby but up close the bezel is really nice and that skeleton is just understated bling.

This bezel is so cool when you have light shine on it as it gives a marble finish.

I do have to say the readability of this watch is not the best, but I guess it really besides the point when you have so much other stuff to look at.

Reactions: KJ2020

Hazing

9/5/19
That was easy.. Haha

Yeah, I’ve been on the fence. Or I should say on the sea saw saying “I like it” and “I don’t like it” with a little “I want to wait to see qc and on wrist pics”..

to be honest I always like it, just thought it wasn’t for me. Now... I’m not sure but I think it’s worth checking out.

yo8923106

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/9/19
Taiwan

Eagle eyes absolutely!