• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VC222 - in the works for local buyers (from Xing Patrick)

Pavo

22/3/14
UK
This looks great. Surely someone would engrave 222 on the back it's a simple case back design. Wonder of different versions will be done. This is the black dial or is it blue?

Reactions: Jellygolf&watches

Pavo

22/3/14
UK
The last message from Xing Patrick:

“my friend made hands for 2121movements i am try to make a 9015 one”

So looks like can be fitted with a Jlc 920 movement (Vacheron 1121/ audemars 2121/ Patek 28-255) 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩
So it's likely to have a 9015 miyota movement is it?

Reactions: Jellygolf&watches

locvs

Supporter
Certified
7/12/20
Germany
I would prefer quartz. The most important thing with this watch is good finishing of the bracelet as it's such an important aspect to this watch. If there was the black dial and white dial finished to a good standard they are winners.
This.
Cheap reliable quartz and put all the effort into getting the case shape, polishing, dial and bracelet.

erudite

Getting To Know The Place
8/11/18
The last message from Xing Patrick:

“my friend made hands for 2121movements i am try to make a 9015 one”

So looks like can be fitted with a Jlc 920 movement (Vacheron 1121/ audemars 2121/ Patek 28-255) 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

There are listings for this watch on Chinese marketplaces with the same description about the movements so I think it is being made by a third party and offered out to mainland seller's.

I asked about a potential quartz movement option but he didn't reply.

Reactions: Matterhorn

Pavo

22/3/14
UK
Glad to see the thread is still alive and there's some updates. Don't lose hope guys, the more people that are interested then the more likely it'll actually be produced.
Xing patrick watch will be out this year. Hopefully that will be good quality and finish.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Xing patrick watch will be out this year. Hopefully that will be good quality and finish.
Let's hope so. I am glad there are pictures of a finished watch, it's proof it exists and not just as a concept

However I am always skeptical, because making 1 one off custom watch is "difficult", manufacturing anything on scale is even more difficult, so let's just see

Pavo

22/3/14
UK
Let's hope so. I am glad there are pictures of a finished watch, it's proof it exists and not just as a concept

However I am always skeptical, because making 1 one off custom watch is "difficult", manufacturing anything on scale is even more difficult, so let's just see
Yes very true. I think Xing has made and sold pepsi bezels but a whole watch is totally different. By the sounds of his post someone is making the case. I assume the dial and hands also.

I would love it if ZF did the 222 but no luck so far.

ThymePeace

Getting To Know The Place
18/8/23
Looks really good, here to hoping! Also agree with the quartz preference

chuckcharles

Do not accept unsolicited offers
11/4/23
Germany
The caseback can be engraved at home. The genuine one looks to be sandblasted or electro etched, which can be easily done with a laser cutter, a powersupply, and a piece of tape.

chuckcharles

11/4/23
Germany
Sorry, not everyone. But if someone does a nice .dxf or .svg, you could get it cut at a local place or someone in the forums could sell it for a very low price. I just wanted to emphasize, that it does not involve CNC milling or expensive processes.

Still I am skeptical, why the factory doesn't want to engrave the case since the 222 doesn't involve a name or is trademarked (to my knowledge).

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Patron
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Sorry, not everyone. But if someone does a nice .dxf or .svg, you could get it cut at a local place or someone in the forums could sell it for a very low price. I just wanted to emphasize, that it does not involve CNC milling or expensive processes.

Still I am skeptical, why the factory doesn't want to engrave the case since the 222 doesn't involve a name or is trademarked (to my knowledge).
It isn't. Just the 222 logo and a serial number.

chuckcharles

11/4/23
Germany
You are right about the serial, but that one appears to be stamped with punches. Difficult to do, sadly :-(