• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VC222 - in the works for local buyers (from Xing Patrick)

chuckcharles

Horology Curious
11/4/23
Germany
I am slowly loosing hope for the Xing 222. In my opinion it was just a small one off project from a modder that he hijacked to get more people in his Telegram group to sell "parts kits" from dubious sources. I am not accusing him of selling stolen parts, but it's kind strange that he can sell full "kits" of gen parts with all non serialized parts for below market value.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Patron
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I am slowly loosing hope for the Xing 222. In my opinion it was just a small one off project from a modder that he hijacked to get more people in his Telegram group to sell "parts kits" from dubious sources. I am not accusing him of selling stolen parts, but it's kind strange that he can sell full "kits" of gen parts with all non serialized parts for below market value.
I'm also starting to lose hope on this. It's been a while now. Pretty disappointing.

Reactions: Karbon74 and Reaps

Niktoine

Patron
Certified
8/10/18
Wakanda
I tried to write to him several times about these builds, but never got a reply.
When I write about his gen kits I get an immediate response.
I think the communication/marketing objective has been rather successful for our friend.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Lots of bold accusations about a vendor who is on RWI...

I think more likely the project is dead - making a watch is much harder than we believe

And if you accuse Xing of selling stolen gen parts I think you underestimate the rarity of gen parts.... he sells lots of older Datejust kits... literally there are millions of those floating around. Peek into wholesale dealer groupchats and you'll see 5/6 digit Datejusts sold for very low prices....

Reactions: Karbon74

Niktoine

Patron
Certified
8/10/18
Wakanda
Lots of bold accusations about a vendor who is on RWI...

I think more likely the project is dead - making a watch is much harder than we believe

And if you accuse Xing of selling stolen gen parts I think you underestimate the rarity of gen parts.... he sells lots of older Datejust kits... literally there are millions of those floating around. Peek into wholesale dealer groupchats and you'll see 5/6 digit Datejusts sold for very low prices....
You're probably reading it wrong and answered a bit too quickly...
Who accused him of selling stolen pieces ?

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
You're probably reading it wrong and answered a bit too quickly...
Who accused him of selling stolen pieces ?
This is kind of hinting at it, no? 😅

Pavo

22/3/14
UK
With the chinese ali express dealers like specht & sohne doing a version of the 222 which is great i have 2 of them surely its time for ZF to do it? Another chinese company Hruodland are releasing their version of the 222 in that style shortly.

no news from Xing in so long either. Its a simple watch to rep also You would think.

Reactions: Minome

Fabian.

Known Member
Certified
9/4/19
Why don't you just read the previous pages?
The watch is shit.

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
With the chinese ali express dealers like specht & sohne doing a version of the 222 which is great i have 2 of them surely its time for ZF to do it? Another chinese company Hruodland are releasing their version of the 222 in that style shortly.

no news from Xing in so long either. Its a simple watch to rep also You would think.
I have seen these, but cant find them on Ali.
only at their website: https://spechtandsohne.com/products/imperial-gold-edition
USA based?
has anyone bought from them directly?