• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VC222 - in the works for local buyers (from Xing Patrick)

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
From my understanding and a conversation with a local Chinese seller who is no longer answering me, there are VC222, Patek 3800, and AP 5402 rep parts made by a factory in Germany. I cannot unfortunately track down their information, but they have been the ones supplying parts for these custom, high end vintage reps. Here are some pics of the vc222 the seller posted before going dark.

Branis

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
28/5/17
Germany? This is hilarious! The land of engineers and innovators now supporting high end reps. I met a german guy through business some years ago, who claimed to produce IWC bracelets and clasps, Dunhill, Bulgari and Cartier lighters - since I didn't believe him, he invited me to his workshop. So I went only to see that he really was in serious business with those luxury brands - I'm talking gen product supplier. Before that I liked to believe in romantics like an Italian designer team in Roma designing gen treasures at Bulgari for Bulgari (or in Schaffhausen for IWC) - the truth is even luxury brands often order readymate stuff from catalogues of suppliers around the globe. However, I don't really care who builds my high end rep (as long as it's not slaves or children or children slaves) - but if my rep is of parts made in Germany, I kind of would like that :)

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Germany? This is hilarious! The land of engineers and innovators now supporting high end reps. I met a german guy through business some years ago, who claimed to produce IWC bracelets and clasps, Dunhill, Bulgari and Cartier lighters - since I didn't believe him, he invited me to his workshop. So I went only to see that he really was in serious business with those luxury brands - I'm talking gen product supplier. Before that I liked to believe in romantics like an Italian designer team in Roma designing gen treasures at Bulgari for Bulgari (or in Schaffhausen for IWC) - the truth is even luxury brands often order readymate stuff from catalogues of suppliers around the globe. However, I don't really care who builds my high end rep (as long as it's not slaves or children or children slaves) - but if my rep is of parts made in Germany, I kind of would like that :)
If you still have that guy’s contact, I’m willing to bet he knows which factory this is.

SwiSmade

Getting To Know The Place
26/5/16
From my understanding and a conversation with a local Chinese seller who is no longer answering me, there are VC222, Patek 3800, and AP 5402 rep parts made by a factory in Germany. I cannot unfortunately track down their information, but they have been the ones supplying parts for these custom, high end vintage reps. Here are some pics of the vc222 the seller posted before going dark.

There’s some 3800 and 5402 high end reps now :oops: we need to find them, I’d pay right now for one

Reactions: ZIGOTO

BIONONE

Respected Member
28/4/17
There’s some 3800 and 5402 high end reps now :oops: we need to find them, I’d pay right now for one
There are even Patek 2499, 1518 or 130 references available as highly sophisticated frankenstein reps. If money is no objective then things are made possible.

Jason Phong is the master of vintage patek - wondering why he hasn‘t catched up on builds like these with his knowledge…

SwiSmade

Getting To Know The Place
26/5/16
That is actually impressive!! I didn’t know such high end reps of these watches existed

Pavo

22/3/14
UK

Xing just posted these same photos on his telegram update saying due to his factory not engraving the back he imported thisbobe from his friend in EU. The exact same photo 🤔

Reactions: BIONONE and RDRoss

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Xing just posted these same photos on his telegram update saying due to his factory not engraving the back he imported thisbobe from his friend in EU. The exact same photo 🤔
These guys trade pics, I follow enough telegrams to see repeat posting. I asked Xing about the source of the case.

vc222

Do not accept unsolicited offers
29/3/24
Really exciting to see this project coming along! For the more experienced people: do you have any estimates in terms of pricing?

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I came to see if anyone had an answer from Xing, in addition to what he publish on his Telegram, but it seems that we are all on the same page. I hope that at the time of sale the communication improves.

Pavo

22/3/14
UK
I came to see if anyone had an answer from Xing, in addition to what he publish on his Telegram, but it seems that we are all on the same page. I hope that at the time of sale the communication improves.
No I've just seen his telegram updates. I did msg him directly to see when it would be released. I asked if it would be this year and he just said yes.