• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
You owe this thread a much more elaborated comment after making all of us so envious. :D
Is the rep (steel) so bad now you have the real deal (Ti) in your hands?
Ha, touché!! (I had to goto bed from all my excitement, so just dropped it here while I still had my eyes open! :LOL:

The rep is fantastic and beautiful and the quality is amazing, for sure.

The extremely small differences in the rep vs gen would never be called out, probably in any scenario

The only difference I can see, without a loupe, is the way the dial markers as well as the case and bracelet chamfers reflect light... the gen is more refined and have a sharper bling, if that makes sense. The rep's marker, case, and bracelet polishing is slightly softer.

I think I'll still wear the aqua though... it's really that good!

In the end, the titanium version is quite a different beast from its steel counterparts having a bead blasted case and grey dial to match, making it much more of a tool watch, which is really why I chose it.

It is extremely light on the wrist, which may not sit well with some, but for me it's the absolutely perfect weight .

It is expensive, overpriced, boring, and even ugly according to many's comments in the gen fora... but I love it, and it compliments my collection well.

I sold my NTTD and Explorer 40mm to fund this, and for me it was a fair trade while at the same time refining my collection to a more manageable size and diverse style.

If the titanium rep becomes available, I don't think I'd buy or wear it at this point because I have the gen... and would probably save those funds for something a bit less accessible, like a Daytona or VC Overseas if they come out with a good one

pippo

Respected Member
10/1/10
Thanks for getting back to me.

It is a truly unique timepiece by far my fav among the new Ingy ref., I would buy it myself if priced for what I would consider reasonable.

Rep finishing is clearly not close to gen finishings. It's not an easy watch to rep accurately.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Having two Ingies I have combined one longer bracelet what left me with one watch without bracelet (until ordered full bracelet get delivered). I have decided to try Ali Express strap, with IWC-like deployant. The quality is OK, acceptable - so it IS good temporary solution for enyone with broken clasp or missing links. Some photos:

FredOT89

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
8/1/24
EU
Having two Ingies I have combined one longer bracelet what left me with one watch without bracelet (until ordered full bracelet get delivered). I have decided to try Ali Express strap, with IWC-like deployant. The quality is OK, acceptable - so it IS good temporary solution for enyone with broken clasp or missing links. Some photos:

Damn I do like this! Do you have a link to the exact strap? And also which two colors do you have and which one you like best?

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Damn I do like this! Do you have a link to the exact strap? And also which two colors do you have and which one you like best?
Just search for "iwc Ingenieur strap" and first one is correct ;)

I have black and white and... I do like white more. Despite this - I will be keeping both :)

btw I took this strap with clasp instead of buckle since it is more elegant to fit this strap to big wrist. I needed 3 links to be added to regular Ingenieur bracelet to make it fit my wrist. With this strap - I could make if with penultimate hole :)

Last edited:

photoman9988

Known Member
16/4/11
Anyone here have a 6.5" relatively flat wrist? If so, how does the watch fit you not having any micro-adjustments? I had to get rid of my AP RO because I just could not get a good fit with the bracelet.

Also, how many links did you remove?

xZeroCoolx

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/10/22
US
Anyone here have a 6.5" relatively flat wrist? If so, how does the watch fit you not having any micro-adjustments? I had to get rid of my AP RO because I just could not get a good fit with the bracelet.

I don't remember seeing it mentioned but you actually get 2 different sized links so getting a good fit shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20

I got 6.5 wrist , for me it’s little to tight or to loose
It will be perfect if I can get one more 1.5 link

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
Bro, this one is no ordinary black watch, trust me 🙂

Plus it's a nice refreshment after all the standard suspects ( subs, GMTs,... ).

I'm just at my watchsmith's, stickers are off and it's getting sized and regulated. Good times :)
understand, I have and still having gen Ingenieur 3227-01 from early / mid 2000s, love that dial
and now this dial is gorgeous

Reactions: Therion666