• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

FredOT89

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
8/1/24
EU
just got white V2.... black version in two days... guys, I will buy any number of spare bracelet links from you...
Please let uw know which version you prefer im still really torn between black, white and aqua... :(

btrizzy1

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/09
USA
I just got a black V7F and it is very well made for a rep. Unfortunately I'm about 1 link short for comfortable wear.

• Sad
Reactions: FredOT89

StripYourEgo

19/6/24
Hello lads and lasses, have been perusing this thread for a while and made an account just to comment on how absolutely stunning these are.
Wow.
Out of the three colors, which one is closest to gen, if you were to rate them from most to least?

StripYourEgo

19/6/24
Hello lads and lasses, have been perusing this thread for a while and made an account just to comment on how absolutely stunning these are.
Wow.
Out of the three colors, which one is closest to gen, if you were to rate them from most to least
Going to self-reply, i've done a bit of research on and off the page.
Looks like Black>white>aqua in that order.
Black is the safest easiest choice, white is incredibly close - maybe a tad "cleaner" than gen, aqua is impossible for me to rate, as the color is very much so affected by the light.
Given the rarity of the watch, and how good the gen 2 is, all three are a safe choice with black being the safest.

I will be buying the white because its just very happy for the summer.

Reactions: masmannan

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
yet to decide, but for me I might be going for the aqua dial
as I have a few black dial watches, e.g. CF 39mm Explorer CF 116655 Yacht-Master, 114060, Blancpain Fifty Fathom, etc.
and also a few white dial watches, e.g. gen 16570 Explorer II, CF 116500 Panda, Konstantin Chaykin Clown, etc.

adaptive

12/6/16
Which version/TD did you buy from? What's the movement stated?
The second hand shd hack once u pull out the crown
mines from fatpanda, he offered to refund it but i said ill keep it, not sure why it doesnt hack. movement looks like the 2892 to me but im no expert

pack11

Certified
28/3/24
Going to self-reply, i've done a bit of research on and off the page.
Looks like Black>white>aqua in that order.
Black is the safest easiest choice, white is incredibly close - maybe a tad "cleaner" than gen, aqua is impossible for me to rate, as the color is very much so affected by the light.
Given the rarity of the watch, and how good the gen 2 is, all three are a safe choice with black being the safest.

I will be buying the white because its just very happy for the summer.

I had the both the gen aqua and the V7 aqua in hand (not at the same time though). The V7 aqua is incredibly close to gen, if not indistinguishable.

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
I really like the white dial. But I’d happily own any of them tbh

Reactions: Therion666

btrizzy1

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/09
USA
Anyone know if Ixdao links work on the V7F Ingenieur bracelet. I'm desperate for link

adaptive

12/6/16
Anyone know if Ixdao links work on the V7F Ingenieur bracelet. I'm desperate for link
td was able to source me extra links for 240 CNY per link, youd have to wait for delivery but might be possible?
Also I do not think ixdao would work, they are not using the same mechanism, ixdao has screws and iwc has quick adjust bars type thing

Reactions: Therion666

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
these are both thre v7f v2? based on the 3'clock
yes, both V2. Interesting observation - I got the white one from M2M while black one from my dealer. While the white one has non problematic movement, the black one tends to stop for no apparent reason. I left it with my watchsmith for full service yesterday and he just called me back to let me know the watch is ready. The movement was bare-bone dry so cleaning and oiling helped.

pippo

Respected Member
10/1/10
yes, both V2. Interesting observation - I got the white one from M2M while black one from my dealer. While the white one has non problematic movement, the black one tends to stop for no apparent reason. I left it with my watchsmith for full service yesterday and he just called me back to let me know the watch is ready. The movement was bare-bone dry so cleaning and oiling helped.
does that mean both white and black dial are keepers for you? :eek:
I remember you said you slightly prefer the white dial.