• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated ARF V3 Submariner 116610 is out

knol

17/8/16
I just received my QC pics of the v3 but the nr 28 on the datewheel looks very off to me. The hour hand seems not aligned properly and I have my doubts about the magnification of the cyclops. What do you guys think about that ?

5u6KE.jpg

5u1Bt.jpg

5u9R2.jpg

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
I just received my QC pics of the v3 but the nr 28 on the datewheel looks very off to me. The hour hand seems not aligned properly and I have my doubts about the magnification of the cyclops. What do you guys think about that ?

The other dates look great. The 55 is kissing the crystal, which is not a big deal. you get used to it ;)
What bugs me is what looks like glue on the right side of the pip.

Is this 3135?

knol

17/8/16
The other dates look great. The 55 is kissing the crystal, which is not a big deal. you get used to it ;)
What bugs me is what looks like glue on the right side of the pip.

Is this 3135?

Its the 2824

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
It is cheaper, if you don't fall in the same rabbit hole :) I only choose watches that I'm happy with OOTB. I sort of understand the new ZZF craze, but you need gen hands, gen crystal, an ARF bracelet and I'm not playing that game. I won't even bother to make a research about why ARF is supposed to be worse. To my eyes it looks exactly like gens I see online, it feels awesome ( the best bezel action I've ever encountered on a rep watch) and I don't worry about being called out, because I don't expose myself to the kind of situations where something like this could happen. Even if it would, I would tell the person to f#&k off. So no worries at all.

Well I feel you! Kind of like cars... I think a tune is a must, maybe some bolt ons. But by the time you're slapping on a new turbo or supercharger... well you might as well be getting a different car, imo. For reps I'm the same... im not sure about full on Frankens yet, but I think some light mods are fun and well worth it!

These new ARFs look really nice. A prof xtal and maybe a bezel insert mod and they look good to go!

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Well I feel you! Kind of like cars... I think a tune is a must, maybe some bolt ons. But by the time you're slapping on a new turbo or supercharger... well you might as well be getting a different car, imo. For reps I'm the same... im not sure about full on Frankens yet, but I think some light mods are fun and well worth it!

These new ARFs look really nice. A prof xtal and maybe a bezel insert mod and they look good to go!

A light mod is ok and I'd even be willing to do a proper franken if sub was my dream watch. But it's not and I'd rather buy a couple of other reps for the price of gen parts. I mean you can get the VSF Omega Seamaster 300m for the price of a gen crystal. I'm a serial flipper, I usually get bored with a watch before it even arrives.. I'm always on the hunt and to me that's the actual fun of this hobby :)

Last edited:

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
It is cheaper, if you don't fall in the same rabbit hole :) I only choose watches that I'm happy with OOTB. I sort of understand the new ZZF craze, but you need gen hands, gen crystal, an ARF bracelet and I'm not playing that game. I won't even bother to make a research about why ARF is supposed to be worse. To my eyes it looks exactly like gens I see online, it feels awesome ( the best bezel action I've ever encountered on a rep watch) and I don't worry about being called out, because I don't expose myself to the kind of situations where something like this could happen. Even if it would, I would tell the person to f#&k off. So no worries at all.

I’d say ARF is a better watch out the box, it has its own flaws but you won’t be swapping bracelets, inserts, bezel rings or hands from other reps into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Therion666

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
I’d say ARF is a better watch out the box, it has its own flaws but you won’t be swapping bracelets, inserts, bezel rings or hands from other reps into it.

I totally agree. I was so happy with mine. Sold it and will buying another.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13

I think that the ZZF is overrated, especially for a person that has no interest in modding and just wants to slap it on the wrist and go on with their life. I saw a post of a member in the ZZF thread, who said that his modded watch already owes him 1300 GBP. And I don't think he's done yet..

Mich_17

Horology Curious
25/3/19
Hello everyone
slight indecision
I'm close to buying a sub data
until a few months ago the noob v10 won the comparison with low hands
now you recommend this new arf v3 also on the noob?
thanks to whoever will answer

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I think that the ZZF is overrated, especially for a person that has no interest in modding and just wants to slap it on the wrist and go on with their life. I saw a post of a member in the ZZF thread, who said that his modded watch already owes him 1300 GBP. And I don't think he's done yet..

I’d rather have a vr3135 over an sh3135 any day of the week. Also the ZZF case is way better, bracelet is just as good on zzf so don’t know why anyone is swapping that, dial is better on zzf, hands might be marginally better on the ARF but rep hands are still rep hands. If the zzf had a better insert and bezel it would be a clear winner by a long way in my opinion

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I’d rather have a vr3135 over an sh3135 any day of the week. Also the ZZF case is way better, bracelet is just as good on zzf so don’t know why anyone is swapping that, dial is better on zzf, hands might be marginally better on the ARF but rep hands are still rep hands. If the zzf had a better insert and bezel it would be a clear winner by a long way in my opinion

You're probably right, I've never had the ZZF in my hands. I'm just saying that the V3 ARF sub is a great product and that 99,99% of the folks out there would either not give a damn about your watch or recognize that it's a rep. Unless you happen to run into a prick, who walks around with a magnifier, hand him the watch and wait for him to call you out. Idiots, who post their reps on IG or walk into ADs are not included in this statistic.

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.

Not sure anyone will agree with you anymore as ARF is nowhere near the crispness of the zzf. I’ve modded mine a lot because I can and no other reason really. If I was short on money I would have been perfectly happy with a standard zzf.

Reactions: LaPavel

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Not sure anyone will agree with you anymore as ARF is nowhere near the crispness of the zzf. I’ve modded mine a lot because I can and no other reason really. If I was short on money I would have been perfectly happy with a standard zzf.
Buts it's written FAKE all over that s#!££¥ liquidish dial though. Its ugly, unsophisticated, and not even a good rep. Its an instant give away to the naked eye if anyone just takes a peek their impression would be wtf is wrong with that dial ? I have never seen a Rolex dial like that ????

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Buts it's written FAKE all over that s#!££¥ liquidish dial though. Its ugly, unsophisticated, and not even a good rep. Its an instant give away to the naked eye if anyone just takes a peek their impression would be wtf is wrong with that dial ? I have never seen a Rolex dial like that ????

Please show pictures to show this “liquidish” effect you are talking about. I’m looking at a zzf dial and a gen dial right now and no matter what light I go into I can’t see what you are talking about. This is the closest dial to genuine I’ve ever seen

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06

They fixed that problem. I've bought 2 more ZZF(114060 & 116610 v2) after you've seen my 1st one....I know..I'm crazy...
And now the dial has no wavy effect.
It looks pretty decent ootb compared to ARF v2. Although I cant say much about ARF v3 since I haven't seen it in person.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
They fixed that problem. I've bought 2 more ZZF(114060 & 116610 v2) after you've seen my 1st one....I know..I'm crazy...
And now the dial has no wavy effect.
It looks pretty decent ootb compared to ARF v2. Although I cant say much about ARF v3 since I haven't seen it in person.

Well, I wouldn't call this a fix, and it's a v2 VR3135 . One with the light and other without. Both look like bad to me compare to other factories.

What's the point of GEN like rounded markers when the entire dial is wrong, doesnt make any sense
befb4d8a212bcdd99561d4e58fcee518.jpg
aaecce6e57e722d530dff9bc73f88646.jpg

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
People post pics in different lighting, and it's visual transparency is diminished by the crystal.

Reactions: DR Russell

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Well, I wouldn't call this a fix, and it's a v2 VR3135 . One with the light and other without. Both look like bad to me compare to other factories.

What's the point of GEN like rounded markers when the entire dial is wrong, doesnt make any sense
befb4d8a212bcdd99561d4e58fcee518.jpg
aaecce6e57e722d530dff9bc73f88646.jpg

Holy crap...that looks horrible. I cant seem to find that problem on mine tho...might be a QC issue or different batch? Hmm...interesting...

Reactions: GmtChris88