• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated ARF V3 Submariner 116610 is out

DaytonaFtw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/17
when smokes doesnt see any difference there is no difference, so can we go for the v2?

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
when smokes doesnt see any difference there is no difference, so can we go for the v2?

I think they are not making these anymore. Noob seems to be the only one who keeps older versions in production as well during new releases.

aldumont

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
8/7/20
hello everyone

I just received from puretime today my new 116610 ARF v3 SH3135. Superb watch. It looks even nicer IRL than the QC pictures. The quality of interaction with the Puretime team has been great. They're very client minded and dedicated. Highly recommended TD.

So I was super happy....until I realised that either the mechanism or the minute hand has a serious defect. indeed it lost 10 minutes in like 30 minutes. Even worse simply by gently shaking the watch the minute hand was all over the place like if it's loose. Notice how the hand minute moved backward a few minutes because of a mere gently shake.

Have you already experienced that? is there an easy fix? Any recommandation ?

I've notified the puretime team. Let's see how they will handle the matter.

houss1981

15/3/17
This is one of the reasons i bought the a2824 movement. Send it for a movement service at a local watchsmith.

aldumont

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
8/7/20
great! where the hell am i gonna find a watchsmith for reps? any clue where to find one in Belgium/Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg?

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
great! where the hell am i gonna find a watchsmith for reps? any clue where to find one in Belgium/Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg?

You could just visit also some locals ones and check. Some of them do but be sure to show the watch and mention it's not the 30USD crap but a "real" 500 USD watch. That helps a lot as everybody assumes you're gonna give them the 30USD crap which falls apart by just holding it.

houss1981

15/3/17
I dont know if i fitted wrong my bracelet for this watch but i have tried all combinations possible (4 links at 6 and 5 at 12 or 5 links on both sides) but i can still feel the watch on my wrist. Its not like you forget that you are wearing a watch. Does any one figured out a fitting for the bracelet that feels so comfy?

Xilikon

20/8/19
I dont know if i fitted wrong my bracelet for this watch but i have tried all combinations possible (4 links at 6 and 5 at 12 or 5 links on both sides) but i can still feel the watch on my wrist. Its not like you forget that you are wearing a watch. Does any one figured out a fitting for the bracelet that feels so comfy?

Did you adjust inside the clasp as there is also a microadjustement there ?

Fab87pz

2/8/18

The watch is about 156 grams more or less, you can make all the adjustments you want on the bracelet, you will always "feel" it.

Reactions: houss1981

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Hi everyone i can’t find a threat about the V3 LV hulk I am searching but can’t find it does it just not exist or it’s me searching wrongly on tapa?

I have ordered one so will make it when no one has done it already.

I am planning to build a hybrid.
With gen crystal CF bezel and already have ordered a BP dail,but the text is a bit fat printed imo..
The plan was to use the dail and and change the hour markers with from the CF dail.

Is the BP dail still having the best sunburst dail?
Or is the CF good to go?
Also want to put the VR movement with gen DW.

Annone can point me to the right direction,I don’t really want to go the full Franken route with gen dail and bezel/inlay.

Thanks in advance

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

houss1981

15/3/17
The watch is about 156 grams more or less, you can make all the adjustments you want on the bracelet, you will always "feel" it.

Yeah you are right. Specialy if you want to compare it with my casio A164 that i wear all time :p

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Did anyone had changed his dail for an 3135 BP dail and does it requires to do mods on the dail like shaving the BP dail to fit the ARF V3 3135
Movement?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
did anyone hear any rumors about the v4 and when the likely release date will be? I heard this month but was not sure

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
did anyone hear any rumors about the v4 and when the likely release date will be? I heard this month but was not sure

Maybe it’s true I placed an order and they offered me a watch what I have rejected,they told me factory don’t have stock and we have to wait for the new batch so hopefully they will come with V4 but TBH I didn’t see that much difference between V2 /V3..So let’s see what V4 will change..
where did you heard these rumors?

Fab87pz

2/8/18

I have no news but I hope so, considering they have just released a new 114060, probably they could be working on the 116610 v4 as well.
masterpiece777 I agree, v2 and v3 are identical in my opinion

Reactions: masterpiece777

clifran

Looking Around
19/5/20
I have read this entire thread and want to thank everyone who contributed for the educational and sheer entertainment value. I have a fondness for the ARf brand in spite of the many issues I have encountered with its output along the way . I have yet to personally own the ZZf but respect it’s many virtues . I also own the no date Noob V10 . Robust watch but lacks the character of the ARf for me. I hope to try them all over time as logic and business demands that we may never get to see a facsimile for a fraction of the price.

Reactions: DR Russell