• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated ARF V3 Submariner 116610 is out

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Let's see a pic of yours if possible. Again, you'll not see it properly unless it's under HD light, outside in the sun or without the crystal. This one looks alot better with the crystal lol

I wouldn't recommend prof xtal for this dial though, although the insert is desperately in need of spongebob.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Not sure anyone will agree with you anymore as ARF is nowhere near the crispness of the zzf. I’ve modded mine a lot because I can and no other reason really. If I was short on money I would have been perfectly happy with a standard zzf.

I still think it is as crisp, the only thing for me that was impressive was the rounders markers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigerdragon

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Not sure anyone will agree with you anymore as ARF is nowhere near the crispness of the zzf. I’ve modded mine a lot because I can and no other reason really. If I was short on money I would have been perfectly happy with a standard zzf.

I disagree, it’s as crisp. fit and finish is better on ARF for me.

Let’s point out a few things

The zzf has a dull insert (like old noob v7) and the grey pearl wasn’t nice either.

The Gen insert installed on your zzf looks actually very similar to an ARF insert. But way better than the zzf

Zzf braclet sel is too flush (again like noob) you’ve even installed an ARF on your Zzf,” you wouldn’t swap the other way

Bezel teeth are very deep The only visual improvement over the ARF on the ZZF was the rounded dial markers and these have been very good on the ARF for a while now.

ARF hands have more gen like geometry and curvature

piNNoy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/19
California
Love the arf v3. Sold my first one. I think this one is perfect for me but I'm sad that the 6 o'clock hour marker looks flat when I look at it on certain angles (straight on)

Here are some pics:
https://Imgur.com/a/rwi7kL6
rwi7kL6

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
how would you judge the movement in comparison with the ZZF’s VR3135 which is supposed to be a good one?

Reactions: LaPavel

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
I disagree, it’s as crisp. fit and finish is better on ARF for me.
Let’s point out a few things

The zzf has a dull insert (like old noob v7) and the grey pearl wasn’t nice either.
The Gen insert installed on your zzf looks actually very similar to an ARF insert. But way better than the zzf
Zzf braclet sel is too flush (again like noob) you’ve even installed an ARF on your Zzf,” you wouldn’t swap the other way
Bezel teeth are very deep The only visual improvement over the ARF on the ZZF was the rounded dial markers and these have been very good on the ARF for a while now.
ARF hands have more gen like geometry and curvature

Second this, and the post before, that only impressive thing from ZZF is the rounded markers.

Mich_17

Horology Curious
25/3/19
Hello everyone
slight indecision
I'm close to buying a sub data
until a few months ago the noob v10 won the comparison with low hands...

Tobel

6/7/17
Hello everyone
slight indecision
I'm close to buying a sub data
until a few months ago the noob v10 won the comparison with low hands...

You have a postcount of 8, and out of these 8 posts, 4 are a copy paste of this exact same message. Maybe you could spend your time reading the threads and educating yourself instead of spamming? People asking "who has the best sub" are not well seen here, and the ones who spam even less

Mich_17

Horology Curious
25/3/19
asking is lawful, answering is courtesy !!
it is not spam but a simple question
if you who are the experts answer so ... congratulations!
the forum I guarantee that I read it!

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
asking is lawful, answering is courtesy !!
it is not spam but a simple question
if you who are the experts answer so ... congratulations!
the forum I guarantee that I read it!

if you continue spamming, you will be banned

Mich_17

Horology Curious
25/3/19
spam to ask information kindly to experts?
mah
ban me if for you I ask you that you know a lot about watches it means spam

I'm spending a lot of money and I'm looking for a simple tip
they are two very good factories but I can't choose between noob v10 and arf v3
I apologize if not so choose

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Stop spamming in multiple threads,you are not helping yourself

It is not the decision of your life after all, just buy one of these 2 and if you are not happy you can always flip it

Reactions: stufuse

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Please show pictures to show this “liquidish” effect you are talking about. I’m looking at a zzf dial and a gen dial right now and no matter what light I go into I can’t see what you are talking about. This is the closest dial to genuine I’ve ever seen

Siaticefyd?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Interesting

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
spam to ask information kindly to experts?
mah
ban me if for you I ask you that you know a lot about watches it means spam

I'm spending a lot of money and I'm looking for a simple tip
they are two very good factories but I can't choose between noob v10 and arf v3
I apologize if not so choose

Lots of info and comments here mate. read them all. There will be noob supporters, ARF supporters, ZZF and also mod/franken ones. So go read and make up your own mind.

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Unfortunately huge flaw/tell on the ZZF V2. The “x” in Rolex is really horrible compared to gen and other factory’s. Deal breaker for me.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Unfortunately huge flaw/tell on the ZZF V2. The “x” in Rolex is really horrible compared to gen and other factory’s. Deal breaker for me.

Really? That small portion of that tiny X on your small dial is a deal breaker? When multiple members have been seeing so many macro, blown up photos for so long and no one even noticed it until Smoke finally did, and even he himself admitted to having missed it for all this while? Compared to the other way more obvious flaws on other reps?

I mean, I don't like the X as much as any other, but let's not blow it way out of proportion shall we?