• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor FXD

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
I am holding out hope that if the FXD gets repped, the chrono will gets a shot as well.

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
Nuclear sponge
Learned today that Tudor will release a version in black. Maybe this will increase the popularity and the chances of us seeing a rep.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The FXD lost it's momentum after an initial hype and I doubt it will ever get repped.
They just launched another one - which suggest Tudor believe in it, so the momentum must be just fine.

Radirka

Supporter
Certified
17/5/22
Old Continent
They just launched another one - which suggest Tudor believe in it, so the momentum must be just fine.
Well - we shall see about what the colour change can do for FXD. The've actually issued three: Alinghi Red Bull Racing Pelagos and Pelagos Chrono and the black Pelagos FXD.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The chrono didn't move the needle for me for whatever reason.
Nor me. The whole point of the FXD was that it was developed by and for the Marine National - its what made it cool. Finally, there was a luxury brand making an unapologetic bling free tool watch. There was zero connection with the FXD and Red Bull, or with yacht racing - it was goofy as hell. Its like they had one super cool watch, and then their partnerships department went crazy and fucked it all up.

They should have used the Black Bay Chronograph for the Red Bull thing.

The black one is cool, but again - they should have used a different watch IMO. The FXD is MN. Making it in black does not make it a Navy Seals watch. It just means the SEAL's are getting MN's sloppy seconds.

Reactions: Beartooth

Tebonr

Horology Curious
29/3/23
California
I got the TF FXD v4 recently. I think it’s phenomenal for the price. The bezel must have been greatly improved on the v4 because mine has absolutely zero play and positive clicks. I’ve been wearing it a lot lately and loving it.

That being said.. if they do rep the fxd it’ll replace the TF real quick.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I hope it’s not a Tactical Frog with a different dial as the TF is a piece of junk. AAA tier.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I hope it’s not a Tactical Frog with a different dial as the TF is a piece of junk. AAA tier.
From what I'm reading, it's an entirely new case. But it's all speculative (you know how Chinese rep descriptions are!) we've only seen 1 video and 3 bezel images of it. The rest are typical "gen" promotional pictures.

M+ factory has some consistency with IWC replicas unlike TF so I'm fairly hopeful that it's a good rep.

Now if only one of the rep factories would rep the damn Tudor Chrono with a ST19 instead of a junk 7750, I'd be happy.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
①首先采用外圈的尺寸大于表壳、同时牙圈采用120格卡位、可以双向旋转、倒计时60分钟全刻度,目的都是方便水下蛙人部队执行任务时更为便利。可以看到底盖印刻着Marine nationale(法国海军)的logo,大写字母和年份标识,M+机芯方面采用西铁城8N-24特定机芯和原版大号的5602机芯相同厚度,可以提供54小时动力。 ②“超强蓝夜光效果,涂有全新高性能X1级瑞士Super-LumiNova®夜光涂层(市场上唯M+第一次重本启用此夜光材料),确保在任何环境下都清晰易读且发亮时间超久。黑暗中蓝光将其海军蓝盘面和雪花针优雅展现的淋漓尽致。M+倾注重本的夜光效果,市场之前未曾有过;即使最顶级的劳力士版本也达不到如此夜光效果,也达不到发光时间如此持久。” 表径:42MM 厚度:12.75MM 材料:五级钛及氧化锆陶瓷转圈 附赠:氟橡胶压格纹连钛扣表带一副。

First of all, the outer ring is larger than the case, while the bezel adopts a 120-gauge slot, can be rotated in both directions, countdown to 60 minutes full scale, all aimed at facilitating the underwater frogmen troops to carry out their tasks more convenient. Can be seen on the back cover engraved with the logo of the Marine nationale (French Navy), capital letters and the year mark, M + movement using Citizen 8N-24 specific movement and the original large 5602 calibre of the same thickness, can provide 54 hours of power.

② "Super blue luminous effect, coated with the new high-performance X1 grade Swiss Super-LumiNova® luminous coating (the only M+ on the market for the first time to use this luminous material), to ensure that in all environments are clear and easy to read, and the luminous time is extremely long. The blue light in the darkness brings out the elegance of its navy blue dial and snowflake hands, a luminescent effect that M+ has never seen before on the market; not even the finest Rolex version can achieve such a luminescent effect or such a long-lasting glow."

Diameter: 42MM
Thickness: 12.75MM
Material: grade 5 titanium and zirconia ceramic rotor
BONUS: One pair of Viton embossed checkered strap with titanium buckle.

My biggest concern : isn't the 8N24 a 3hz movement? The 5602 is a 4Hz movement... I hope they didn't make this blunder....

Reactions: Beartooth

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
I'd be interested in a black one with the red text... QC pics when you have 'em please, peeps!