• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor FXD

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Just realized these are Hodinkee image re-purposed as factory photos, should have seen the writing on the wall with the photography and the same gimmicks played by the factories before. Shame.
Yup. Thats why I was wondering about the MN21 vs MN22. The factories wouldnt bother with crap like that.

In the game of new releases, often if it's high quality photo shoots like that then it's often gen pics lmao

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Case looks good, I'm a little less convinced by the dial and lume

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Case looks good, I'm a little less convinced by the dial and lume
I mean... I think the lume looks pretty good.. you can't expect gen level stuff for 1/10th the price

Dial, I can see what you mean, the big "O" in Tudor and a little bit of uneveness.. but I don't really care, it will not be noticeable on wrist, and we've waited this long for this rep. I really doubt a v2 will come out of this, but if it does, I'll just sell and rebuy it

If they release a black version I'll pick it up

Reactions: owg1 and Beartooth

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Lume looks to be a bit yellow in some pics to my eye. As you say though good attempt for 1/10th the price.

I'm also interested in the navy seal if released.

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
I mean... I think the lume looks pretty good.. you can't expect gen level stuff for 1/10th the price

Dial, I can see what you mean, the big "O" in Tudor and a little bit of uneveness.. but I don't really care, it will not be noticeable on wrist, and we've waited this long for this rep. I really doubt a v2 will come out of this, but if it does, I'll just sell and rebuy it

If they release a black version I'll pick it up
Yea I do notice the yellow hue in certain lights of the lume of the dial, but I don't see another version coming time anytime soon. If a gen dial pops up in the aftermarket, might be worth picking up, otherwise, I think its a good price for something we have been all waiting for.

Reactions: Reaps

unknownZero

Horology Curious
3/10/19
It could be that the lume is quite strong and the photo was taken directly after charging for the nightshot.
In some of the pictures above, the white of the lume looks ok.

What kind of problem is supposed to be with the "O" from the Tudor lettering?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
That’s a real shame about the piss coloured lume. Especially the mis match with the lumed bezel which makes it even more obvious.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
A few things I notice comparing the above with mine.

Lume on hands and indices is the biggest problem - it should be white and always the same colour as the lume on the bezel and dial print.

The lume fill on the bezel on the rep looks glossy - should be matt.

The 3,6,9 indices look a bit fat - not sure if its because they are not long enough or too wide, or a bit of both.

The crown position is too low.

The light stripe on the strap is too light - seems too contrasty.

its a shame they went with the 22 caseback - the uber rare 21 is the one that collectors want.

Reactions: Parto

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Hadn't noticed the crown position this is way off. Here is my gen for comparison

Jaguat1289

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
22/5/20
Somewhere in Italy
Hadn't noticed the crown position this is way off. Here is my gen for comparison

Are you serious or what? Is not notabile on the wrist, and what you pretend for 1/10th of the price?? Guys are REP!!!! Be Happy for that, anyway i Just ordered mine :).