• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor FXD

Reaps

-
25/9/22
The lume seems to change with lighting. It's dependent. Here you can see it's more white.

But fuck me, I am disappointed about the movement. It's classic Chinese rep factory. 90 of the details is nailed, but the movement, they don't care. They threw in a cheap ass movement.

Anybody know any easy 8N-24 conversions to hi-beat? Or is this really the best we're gonna have?

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Does this will affect the durability of the watch ?
The movement is rock solid and very stable. But I'm pissed that it's 3Hz not 4Hz like gen.

It's the most basic thing ever. This is a massive blunder. I still accepted QC and will be enjoying my FXD in 2 weeks. But (n) for M+

I want to get a watch maker to look at it to see how difficult a conversion to a Miyota 9015 or another movement is. But I'm sure it'll be very hard.

Furthermore, it tells me that the case is built for the 8N-24 movement.... so unless they completely sell out of this batch and decide to make the next batch (doubt it) then it'll be forever like this.

Jaguat1289

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
22/5/20
Somewhere in Italy
Initially i was disappointed too about the 3Hz movement, but and the end i am too in love with this model so i pull the trigger on It! Now....i am waiting!!! (Already accepted the QC).

unknownZero

Horology Curious
3/10/19
I looked for a picture of a gen that has roughly the same angle, and put it next to the rep (hope it's ok that I used this once).
It looks pretty good to me (except for the thickness of the lettering in the bezel).

rep left ... gen right

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Oh man, this is a deffo no for me. The first thing I do when I see a watch on someone's wrist in a bar is count how many micro ticks the watch has per second. I can tell the difference between 6 micro ticks and 8 micro ticks at a hundred paces. Definite no for me.

atom

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/12
Watches are in the details. Everyone has the details they care about. 3 vs 4 htz? Whatever for me. Dial and such look decent to me as well. But the off center crown is a definite no for me. I tried on a gen recently as well and it felt just a tad large. Too bad as I love the look overall but I guess I stick with my P39

Reactions: Reaps

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
Nuclear sponge
I think we got spoiled by the regular XF Pelagos. I was super excited for the FXD rep but the more of it I see, the less I'm impressed. Maybe taking it off the bracelet and putting it on a MN strap will be enough to scratch my FXD fix. Totally understand the need for someone to have the fixed lugs though.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I wonder if they used the 8N-24 because it's light to match the weight of gen... honestly I give up deciphering the movement

unknownZero

Horology Curious
3/10/19
I'll also wait for another TD.
In direct comparison, a lot of things are wrong:
- Chapter ring
- Cut of the glass
- Bezel font thickness
- Size of the indices
- Lume color
- Position of the crown

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
I'll also wait for another TD.
In direct comparison, a lot of things are wrong:
- Chapter ring
- Cut of the glass
- Bezel font thickness
- Size of the indices
- Lume color
- Position of the crown
Only thing that bothers me on that list is that the lume can appear yellow certain light, similar problem with the VSF SM300 I see until now. With this being low demand model and I think low #s being made in general, don't hold your breath for any big revisions (if ever) or you will turn the same blue.