• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor FXD

Ghost0481

Known Member
11/7/22
Germany
Tudor has just launched a new Pelagos series - the "Pelagos FXD Ref.25717N" diving watch, inspired by the late 1960s Tudor for the U.S. Navy production of the Oyster Prince Submariner 7016 Military latent water meter, especially the use of one-piece ear case design with the green Red Army color NATO strap, one-way bezel is using a more traditional positive timing scale layout.

The 42mm titanium case is frosted, and the one-piece lug structure makes it easy to use any NATO quick-stick strap, and the case still provides 200 meters of professional waterproof performance. A return to the standard configuration of one-way rotation and positive chronograph scale is a convenient difference for students who are not used to the Pelagos FXD two-way rotation bezel.

The black dial is the most readable three-pin layout, continuing the greatest advantages of the tool table, the snowflake pointer and the rectangular time scale are coated with the Swiss X1 level Super-LumiNova luminous material, when absorbing enough heat after the time scale and needle from white point by point to beige gradient; And fluorescent blue in the dark; The night light is very charming and lasting. The inscription "Pelagos" at 6 points is red in color, forming a subtle visual connection with the red stripe of the strap.

M + FXD (25717N) is currently available in small quantities. Code name FXD-2.
Back to the early FXD-1 blue pottery circle two-way rotation due to small batch launch; The first batch is already sold out; Stay tuned for the second installment!

M + is obsessed with the Lead Dive series; All development are purchased original mold; Holding physical cross-check; Moment micro magnify every detail; After countless identification until small batch production launched the market!
Im not sure if i understand it right?! Does that mean the black dial Version mentioned above is already available? If yes were could i get one?

antiom85

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/16
Very nice ! What's your first impression ? Does the dial dots match the bezel colors ?

Star70

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/1/20
I think it looks fantastic,I’ve just pulled the trigger also with Sead,can you tell me if there is any rotor noise?

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Very nice ! What's your first impression ? Does the dial dots match the bezel colors ?
No. But unless you're under bright fluroscent lighting

I think it looks fantastic,I’ve just pulled the trigger also with Sead,can you tell me if there is any rotor noise?
No. But this kind of rotor noise is a luck of the draw kind of thing. Some miyota movements I've had are dead quiet. Some are very loud. You can always get this silenced so it is never an issue for me.

The only thing truly worth of note is the bezel action is a little stiff both ways. There's some parts of the bezel that when you're turning through, it becomes very difficult to click. But, rep is rep, gen is gen. At least it's a bi-directional bezel. I'll have my watch maker look to see if he can make the bezel action a little better.

Reactions: b2c4g8 and Star70

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Sorry, forgot to finish my sentence. There is a difference between the lume color on dial and on bezel. It is clearly cream colored. But unless you're in bright sunlight or direct harsh fluroscent lighting such things is not very noticeable. In my yellow lighting I mean you can't tell.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Is the Velcro any good ?

Can you please provide detailed photos of the straps? Thanks :)

They're both good. The velcro is better than the rubber. But the rubber is supple and smooth, but at the edge where the buckle is, you can see the manufacturing error (some large gap) and some glue.

Both buckles are titanium and well embossed.

But come on guys , a nato strap is like $10 max lol

I'll take pictures when I get home

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
For the FXD I've found Watch Steward straps are really good and don't pass under the watch making it wear thinner

Reaps

-
25/9/22
For the FXD I've found Watch Steward straps are really good and don't pass under the watch making it wear thinner
For me, I'm trying to put it on a hook & strap type watch strap. I don't really like the additional thickness of the straps. It basically makes it wear thicker.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
For me, I'm trying to put it on a hook & strap type watch strap. I don't really like the additional thickness of the straps. It basically makes it wear thicker.
I'd take a look at the G series Watch Steward then as that's what it is.