• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor FXD

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
MT
Just spotted this. Some sellers are also doing just the TF FXD case kit too.
I'm tempted to make some kind of Frankenstein's monster with one. I think a Marathon dial would look good in the black one. I'll try to do some digging on dial sizes

Reactions: thenut

reprap123

Horology Curious
24/8/22
yes! i just saw the new tactical frog also. i would love a proper FXD rep. I am a huge fan of countdown bezels and i already have a sinn 103 and damasko DC80. an FXD rep or homage would be a fine addition to my collection

AlwaysLost80

Horology Curious
17/3/19
So Tactical Frog actually sells the case by itself, and if you look on their website they say the dial size is 28.9 mm.
Does anyone think this is right? Because I can’t seem to really find a 28.9mm dial. I’ve found a couple of decent 28.5 mm dials, and I’m debating trying to build a homage with one….

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
So Tactical Frog actually sells the case by itself, and if you look on their website they say the dial size is 28.9 mm.
Does anyone think this is right? Because I can’t seem to really find a 28.9mm dial. I’ve found a couple of decent 28.5 mm dials, and I’m debating trying to build a homage with one….
I’d say it’s right. I was thinking of getting a 29mm raffles dial and turning it down

reprap123

Horology Curious
24/8/22
any updates on an FXD rep? i watched an unboxing of the new tactical frog FXD and it looked great but the bezel action was terrible. I would hope that a rep would have a much better 120 click bidirectional bezel

AlwaysLost80

Horology Curious
17/3/19
Well, I finally built mine. I got stuck with this dial for right now. The mailman put the dial I ordered on the front porch, and the dog decided it would be fun to eat the package…
The insert kept falling off, so I had to epoxy it to the bezel. The bezel movement feels kind blah.
Over all… not half bad for the price

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
MT
Well, I finally built mine. I got stuck with this dial for right now. The mailman put the dial I ordered on the front porch, and the dog decided it would be fun to eat the package…
The insert kept falling off, so I had to epoxy it to the bezel. The bezel movement feels kind blah.
Over all… not half bad for the price

Where did you find the dials?

The V2 Frogs are supposed to have better bezels

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
MT
Any updates for an actual rep for this one gents?
Haven't seen anything yet. Best we can do is keep talking about it, get others interested, and maybe politely ask our TDs to give a little nudge to the factories. If enough of us are asking for it, supply will meet demand.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
I don't think that's even necessary. Tudor sales will do the trick. I can't think of one reason why this would not be repped. Soon.

Reactions: Beartooth