• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay 58 pro GMT!!!

germansubmarine

Supporter
Certified
21/4/21
Germany
At the end of the day it's a matter of personal preference, some like it chunky even if they have smaller wrists, some simply don't. And then, tastes can also change over time. Some time ago I was a strict dress watch lover, the thinner, the better. Nowadays it has changed a bit. I'll try it and if I don't bond I'll flip it to someone who can appreciate it better.
Wise words, you are absolutely right!
I am the best example for this, as I bought the pro in gen from my TD and sold it because I liked the thickness of my gen 58 better. Now since I’ve got the ZF I absolutely love the pro and how it wears - it feels like a completely different watch for me. Maybe it’s because I had to decide between the 58 and the pro in the past and now I don’t have to make this decision anymore so I can look at it from a different perspective.

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
Received mine today. Quite happy with it, though I should have checked the date window more closely on QC. Can this be remedied by a watchmaker?

It is quite the chunky watch, the BB58 looks and feels much more refined and elegant. I do have small and bony wrists though.

Reactions: germansubmarine

Big Beetle

Horology Curious
24/10/20
Got my BB58 Pro on Friday and I’m very impressed with it overall. Case, dial and hands are very superb and the lume is noticeably strong. Accuracy on wrist, so far has been 2 seconds a day. More than happy with that!

Only negatives I’ve found have been the clasp has some very sharp edges (which hopefully will wear down over time) and it is a very thick, top heavy watch - like the genuine. I’d have preferred it if Tudor had worked harder at slimming the movement down or making it manually wound.

Reactions: Nickyan

Big Beetle

Horology Curious
24/10/20
One more negative… the T-clasp has a habit of slipping a couple of notches every now and then. Annoying, but not a deal breaker in such a good rep.

Alex_oz

Known Member
8/10/20
One more negative… the T-clasp has a habit of slipping a couple of notches every now and then. Annoying, but not a deal breaker in such a good rep.
Basing on RWI and Reddit, the T-fit sliding to the last position is a know problem, so it’s not yours watch problem.

Reactions: Big Beetle

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Just received. I like it. I've always preferred thin watches and was a bit worried about the thickness, but I must say that it's acceptable. IT's hefty, it's heavy but not at all as noticeable as I thought. Crown action is smooth, T-clasp has that little issue, but only if I force it a bit, everything is well aligned. Well, the 6 o'clock marker is a micron to the left, but unnoticeable and I'm not that picky, you see that only if you look very closely.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Got my QC, bezel's looks like it's turned a notch too far to the left. Is that an easy fix - i.e. can I pull it off and push it back on?

39Cq55.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nur-Uhr

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Got my QC, bezel's looks like it's turned a notch too far to the left. Is that an easy fix - i.e. can I pull it off and push it back on?

39Cq55.jpg
Same 6 o'clock Index misalignment as mine 🤪

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Same 6 o'clock Index misalignment as mine 🤪
Yeah, the date's also not 1000% perfect and the clasp looks a little wonky, but I don't care as much as I did in my early rep days. That bezel is quite obvious though and I believe I can't unsee it. Any idea if I can just pull that bezel off or will the crystal get loose when removing it? 🤔

Reactions: Feefo

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Yeah, the date's also not 1000% perfect and the clasp looks a little wonky, but I don't care as much as I did in my early rep days. That bezel is quite obvious though and I believe I can't unsee it. Any idea if I can just pull that bezel off or will the crystal get loose when removing it? 🤔
at least bezel is super easy to align, just pop it off and realign..should not take more than 5-10min to do properly :)

Reactions: YellowFin

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
at least bezel is super easy to align, just pop it off and realign..should not take more than 5-10min to do properly :)
Thanks a lot, mate. I'll give it a greenlight once the TD gets back on this. Asked him if he can re-align the bezel a little better.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
I'm with you all the way. Bezel may still be pic angle?

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany

39Cq55.jpg
Good for catching that, I had overlooked it on mine and now it's bothering me (in addition to the misaligned date window and dust on the dial). I'll need to bring it to a watchmaker who won't kick me out when I show up with a fake.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
I think mine is aligned. Really difficult to get a straight shot...

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
I think mine is aligned. Really difficult to get a straight shot...

Looks good enough... for you. :whistle:

But seriously, you could intentionally take shots with a perspective from the left and right to compare how much that makes the 12/24 shift.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Looks good enough... for you. :whistle:
You teasing me now? What is it? What did you see? What am I not seeing? I can't live in doubt! Ahhhhh!

Seriously, I can do that in a bit, a couple meetings incoming. And seriopusly still, magnification is a killer, all flaws are unnoticeable from 1 foot away

• Haha
Reactions: j2k and YellowFin

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
You teasing me now? What is it? What did you see? What am I not seeing? I can't live in doubt! Ahhhhh!

Seriously, I can do that in a bit, a couple meetings incoming. And seriopusly still, magnification is a killer, all flaws are unnoticeable from 1 foot away
Meeting? Cover that watch under your sleeve, mate. Even the intern's gonna call it out!

39RjqK.gif

• Haha
Reactions: j2k and Feefo

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Meeting? Cover that watch under the sleeve, mate. Even the intern's gonna call it out!

39RjqK.gif
Fortunately nowadays all is via webcam.
Barack Obama GIF by NowThis