• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay 58 pro GMT!!!

Berwatch

Known Member
13/10/20
Chuncky lady though, at 14.6mm thick.
But the bracelet has T-fit, the on the fly adjust already seen on the bronze 58.
Some say it's an explorer II homage, but I disagree.
It's better in many ways, the size, the clasp, I just think they should have it Metas certified like the BB ceramic and it would be perfect.

What are your thoughts?

Edit : 4000$ on bracelet/3600 on strap btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDRoss

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Yes, it is obviously a kind of "homage" to the wonderful Steve-McQueen-Explorer ... but it is a great homage and I am happy, that it is from Tudor and not from Rolex. Otherwise it would be "sold" for at least the fourfold price but that would be meaningless, cause without having some blackmail-info about the AD you wouldnt have the chance to buy it in your lifetime anyway. So: Yeah! For me the best new watch from W&W. I think, I will buy in as a Gen, the price is absolutely fair.

Reactions: Excaleben

Excaleben

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/21
This looks so good :O ! Hopefully wont take an eternity for the Rep to be available otherwhise I will have to save up for a gen.

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
c08499a06b27d352ff417cebe2d657c7.jpg

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
The only release from the mainstream brands that I liked.

Berwatch

Known Member
13/10/20

For anyone wondering : There was steel bezel watches with numerals way before the explorer II, it goes as far back as the Longines Weems in 1931. And the Gmt hand comes from glycine.
So it's maybe time to be a bit less Rolex-centric, open your horizons and realize that basically all Rolex models are homage to other pre-existing watches in the first place.
​​​​​

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
I love it but it certainly is on the thicker end. Anyone know if 14.6 includes the domed crystal? I do like the faux rivets on the BB58 as it is harkening back to the big crown subs but I would prefer no rivets on this one since the 1655 didnt have them.

A detail that some might consider insignificant is that crown. It resembles the Rolex/Tudor 8mm big crown from the 6538/7924 a lot more than the one on the BB58. If a rep of this comes out, I wonder if that crown would fit on the ZF BB58? Would love to see what it'd look like.

Reactions: DD60

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
I know this is the BB Pro thread but here's a followup to my last post here: a quick photoshop mockup of the Pro crown on the 58. This should be to scale. If a rep of the Pro comes out I am tempted to try this. The "coin edge" look of the 58 crown is about the only thing I'm ehhh about.

Mr Seamaster

Renowned Member
27/4/12
I absolutely love it with that vintage indexes and the domed sapphire crystal.
Non crown guards is sexy too.

Great homage to the McQueen Explorer.

Even considering getting a genuine one…

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
A asian 2836 GMT movement mean the the handstack will be wrong, but not that I care enough to stop me getting a rep if it comes out.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like the 8 in 18 is misshapen or upside down compared to the single 8.

Maybe the rep factories won't copy that exactly. Seems like an easy model for ZF to make a NWBIG.

Some of the other numbers have anomalies too so it appears to be an intentional vintagizing effort.

The 0 in 10 has a wider bottom, the 0 in 20 has a wider top. The 2 in 12 is a different shape than in 2 or 22.
​​​​​
jSYOF8.jpg

jSYyAK.jpg

Last edited:

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21

Maybe the rep factories won't copy that exactly. Seems like an easy model for ZF to make a NWBIG.

Some of the other numbers have anomalies too so it appears to be an intentional vintagizing effort.

The 0 in 10 has a wider bottom, the 0 in 20 has a wider top. The 2 in 12 is a different shape than in 2 or 22.
​​​​​
jSYOF8.jpg

jSYyAK.jpg

Yes, indeed as the 8 is misshapen big time.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

​​​​​
jSYOF8.jpg

jSYyAK.jpg

They’ve tried to align the width of the numbers as though the centre of the dial was a vanishing point, but the effect is overdone, and in the case of the ‘12’ and ‘20’ just plain clunky. I couldn’t wear that.

Explorer 2 did something similar, where the top and bottom of the numbers followed the curve of the bezel - this was much better, but the rep factories screwed it up, duplicating the numbers so the ‘curve’ went the wrong way on some of them.

As for the gen. I’m not blown away. The original black bay 58 and it’s blue counterpart remain the sweetest black bays around. Both of those are NWBIR.

Last edited:

estebanelequente

7/2/14
I love it but it certainly is on the thicker end. Anyone know if 14.6 includes the domed crystal? I do like the faux rivets on the BB58 as it is harkening back to the big crown subs but I would prefer no rivets on this one since the 1655 didnt have them.

A detail that some might consider insignificant is that crown. It resembles the Rolex/Tudor 8mm big crown from the 6538/7924 a lot more than the one on the BB58. If a rep of this comes out, I wonder if that crown would fit on the ZF BB58? Would love to see what it'd look like.

Yes the 14.6 includes the case back and the crown. I own it in gen and it wears way slimmer visually and comfort wise compared to the bb gmt pepsi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk