• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today we tested all the popular SUBs for 904L steel

fpharryc

Known Member
11/4/12
Did Angus sell those fake 904 watches? When does he know they are not real 904??

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It's sad to see people discussing the possible consipiracy of this review rather than if the maker does faulse present their product, is the conspiracy still matters if the review result is true?

If you followed this thread from the begining, I never said which factory has a full 316L until today since someone asked. If this was intended to aginest any of the makers and why didnt I reveal in the begining?

This thread was only to bring some interests to the piblic about the coming review, I originally wanted to reveal the result in the review together with all other aspects that we wanted to know about the newest subs.

I admit I am wrong isolating this single test which may make people think I am doing this on some purpose, I am only doing this as I always do - to tease you guys about my review, I did it in a wrong way. I am sorry.

Last edited:

Tione12

11/6/19
It's sad to see people discussing the possible consipiracy of this review rather than if the maker does faulse present their product, is the conspiracy still matters if the review result is true?

If you followed this thread from the begining, I never said which factory has a full 316L until today since someone asked. If this was intended to aginest any of the makers and why didnt I reveal in the begining?

This thread was only to bring some interests to the piblic about the coming review and I originally wanted to reveal the result in the review together with all other aspects that we wanted to know about.

I admit I am wrong isolating this single test which may make people think I am doing this on some purpose, I am only doing this as I always do - to tease you guys about my review, I did it in a wrong way. I am sorry.

It’s definitely not your fault mate. Thank you for the work, many users have already confirmed the results (partially)

mascob1

6/11/16
I'm sorry but you just talked out your ass here... Angus is right.

what a nice message, with well chosen words ...
Sorry you don't understand what I want to say...but no need to be vulgar...I never questioning Angus's honesty!
But the makers and the bracelet's suppliers...It's an other story!
I always trust Angus and learned a lot about reps in reading his posts... and I'm glad he will made a test about the steel.
but when the bracelets makers says they don't make 904L "because they have to change machines or tools"...I have doubts...no against Angus, against the makers!!!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
what a nice message, with well chosen words ...
Sorry you don't understand what I want to say...but no need to be vulgar...I never questioning Angus's honesty!
But the makers and the bracelet's suppliers...It's an other story!
I always trust Angus and learned a lot about reps in reading his posts... and I'm glad he will made a test about the steel.
but when the bracelets makers says they don't make 904L "because they have to change machines or tools"...I have doubts...no against Angus, against the makers!!!

No worries my friend, I was only passing the words from the maker, I will ask them what did they mean about changing the tools and machines about making 904L parts. I might present wrongly since I know nothing about steel manufacturing, thank you for pointing out for me.

Reactions: Tione12

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
So Angus goes out of his way to interact with us, show us the results of the test and some of you go and attack him questioning his integrity? What a bunch of sad cunts you lot are

Bro (cunts) a bit rough.... I think most here are pissed for paying more for what they thought was a higher grade steel just to find out that it was the same old steel at a higher price. We should thank Angus for letting us all know. it would be nice if TD's offered those that bought a watch with "904L" (if in fact it wasn't 904L), a small credit toward a future purchase even if they didn't know the factories lied...just my 2 centavos

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
Again - a biased „test“ from a factory (and a TD being close to them - who in another Thread hyped the ZF release and suddenly disappeared when critics became loud) just about to lunch their own sub, pointing at the market leader, all the while their new product is is not well received so far (yes, not seen in QC yet - agree), is just fishy. That’s all. I appreciate the discussion, but I do not accept biased opinions, which in the end are just marketing bs.

May a real, independent, unbiased test show the truth. I do not care about any of these Chinese copying machine factories - they are just about making dollars. Which is totally fine. But do not expect any moral. Money talks - certainly (also) in Chinese rep business, with that competition around. Among factories - and among TDs.

fredflintstone

5/4/20
puretime
Angus, carry on doing what you're doing.
You could of said that blue is blue, red is red and green is green and it would stll cause this kind of reaction!

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to your review :thumbsup:

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JonasBuskas

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hello MikeMeezy77 , where are you located? Can I ship all the watches to you to test the metal composition after I have done my review? Thanks.

Reactions: Tione12

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Crazy a few counterfeit watches caused this reaction.

Really funny infact. Been entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
I would rather look at results from independently acquired watches from members around here to be tested, not from this biased lot. Doesn’t make any sense to send some watches from this so called test without any chance of making sure we have the exact right watches to test.

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
I would rather look at results from independently acquired watches from members around here to be tested, not from this biased lot. Doesn’t make any sense to send some watches from this so called test without any chance of making sure we have the exact right watches to test.

honestly it is very difficult to be able to do an absolutely impartial and truthful test for everyone. For example ZZf could do a test using the bracelet of an sub Arf (if really the bracelet of the ZZF v.3 is in 316). Or Mr "X" could put the ZZF v.3 bracelet in a Sub ARF and then take the test. and so ad infinitum. that's why I say that in the end what really matters is the feeling gen that a rep has to determine which is the best rep of sub. the sub who is overall closest to the gen wins .... even if it were entirely in 316 steel.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17

I think the only way you'll need truly satisfied is if you undertake all the tests.

Can't wait to see your results :thumbsup:

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Angus is there a post where we can see all the results you got on your gun for each different sub?

I've read 18 pages and maybe I missed it.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Angus is there a post where we can see all the results you got on your gun for each different sub?

I've read 18 pages and maybe I missed it.

Not yet, this thread is only a tease, I will include them in my final review. I will annouce here or on my site when the review is done.

Reactions: fredflintstone