• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today we tested all the popular SUBs for 904L steel

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Sorry Angus, I don't want to contradict you, but as I am a metal worker, if a factory can machining 316 L SS, it can machining 904L. Hardness of each alloy is not really signifiant ( a ltitle bit harder for 904L). Just a chimical difference ( more cobalt in 904L). Nothing justifies machines or tools change...

I'm sorry but you just talked out your ass here... Angus is right.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Since Angus is the only one from any of us to physically be connected to the factories in China....i will listen to his report and review, instead of criticizing him. He could just say Caveat emptor and let us fend for ourselves. SO from me, i say Thank you for your time and effort Angus.

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
I agree, I just read this all and there are multiple things that seem fishy lmao.
Thank you Angus!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

That’s exactly it.

So looking forward to further tests and reviews ... as long as these are REALLY unbiased and independent. Not like this one.

Shany

24/6/19
I think we Need the Review thats all :D
I Hope ARF releases Soon their v4

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Before ZZF 316:

After ZZF 316:

ZF knows his watch is 904L but he wasn’t sure if the factories also used 904L for small parts.

And here we have the test.

Why not just take one of each and test by yourself?

I just thought the members might be interested in the result and that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: diamant

Shany

24/6/19
I think we Need the Review thats all :D
I Hope ARF releases Soon their v4

I Need Both LN and LV i cant wait too :p
Some of my Friends also want them we Are all Waiting for this LOL..

Reactions: mrmckhansi

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
i'm disappointed with zzf ...

Last edited:

fredflintstone

5/4/20
I've got 2 dssd bracelets here. One I'm told is 316 and the other is 904. I got the arf 904 from trusty and the 316 came off my old noob. They have both been in an oil bath and been re-brushed.
I gave them to my 15yr old son and my wife. I asked them to pick the one that felt better/nicer/premium. After 5 mins my son picked one out, I put a mark on it. I gave them to my wife and she picked the same one. I then had a go and picked the same one.
We all picked the arf bracelet.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
ZF knows his watch is 904L but he wasn’t sure if the factories also used 904L for small parts.

And here we have the test.

Why not just take one of each and test by yourself?

I just thought the members might be interested in the result and that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it is more important that the watch as a whole is very close to the gen and the feeling of gen it has when wearing it. a poorly made rep in real 904 steel is definitely worse than a rep that looks very close to the gen but which is 316 steel. what is definitely pissing off is raising the price of a rep motivating this increase for the 904 steel, and then it turns out that the rep is actually still 316 steel. but if it's only the clasp in 316 and all the rest in 904 I don't understand all this fuss. I have read about many Ops who now repudiate ZZf sub, just from these rumors of these test results. for a clasp in 316 do you throw the whole watch in the toilet, even if it is perhaps the most genlike sub of all? I think it's absurd. just my 2 cents

Ernesteka

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
I am interested if ZZF will give a comment to this claims since the claims are pretty heavyweight for them. Losing the trust of the community would mean you won’t sell any more watches, or at least not as much as before.

Even if their Insert and dial are superior it’s still a huge let down to know they charge you a lot for a cheaper material.

If they don’t respond this means that a) they don’t care or b) the claims are true. At least this is what I think.

I bought a V2S Hulk back in June and if the claims will be proven by a second test I will sell it and buy ARF V4.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

fredflintstone

5/4/20
I've always assumed the clasp was 316, don't know why, think I read it someplace.
I love the fact that this test has been conducted and the results shared.

Well done puretime keep it up ;)

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk