• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The "Who Has the Best Hulk" Review

Gmt89

Getting To Know The Place
19/6/23
Mostly I buy from non TD’s that take American Express. They accept returns. Only had one problem and it wasn’t their fault but they resolved the problem.
If the watch you received is different than the watch they sent QC pictures of you should return it. If the watch you received is the same as the one in your QC pictures but the lighting gives it a different look that’s common especially with colored dials and bezels.
If you look at several gen 116610lv you’ll notice that their colors also differ. That’s the problem some folks run into when comparing their reps to a Gen.
I’d check to verify it’s a vsf first. What numbers are on your rehaut and what numbers are on your clasp? That should tell the story. Let us know.
Serial is K25Y

Gmt89

19/6/23
Mostly I buy from non TD’s that take American Express. They accept returns. Only had one problem and it wasn’t their fault but they resolved the problem.
If the watch you received is different than the watch they sent QC pictures of you should return it. If the watch you received is the same as the one in your QC pictures but the lighting gives it a different look that’s common especially with colored dials and bezels.
If you look at several gen 116610lv you’ll notice that their colors also differ. That’s the problem some folks run into when comparing their reps to a Gen.
I’d check to verify it’s a vsf first. What numbers are on your rehaut and what numbers are on your clasp? That should tell the story. Let us know.
I have shared both videos on latest VSF Hulk review above. Both posted same time. (5 months ago) 1 by a TD here, 1 by a Thai reseller. The dark green is the one that matches gen color. Sunburst is in instant tell for hulk as rep can not replica the sunburst angle and effect. Rep sunburst (very metallic looking) and angles of rep sunburst is also off. Because gen sunburst is symmetrical on both sides.

I definitely know rep and gen quality,

For rep. Sunburst I can accept because it's not possible to replicate gen sunburst effect.

However, gen hulks are dark emerald green. Even under lighting. It's supposed to be like the Thai reseller video.

Given it's already a 5 months ago video, and getting 1 here now should be getting the latest VSF Hulk.

What I am trying to point out is if I am given an old stock. Or people in my situation getting old stocks from TD here. If that is the case, it's unfair for consumers like us. It ruins the experience.

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
I have shared both videos on latest VSF Hulk review above. Both posted same time. (5 months ago) 1 by a TD here, 1 by a Thai reseller. The dark green is the one that matches gen color. Sunburst is in instant tell for hulk as rep can not replica the sunburst angle and effect. Rep sunburst (very metallic looking) and angles of rep sunburst is also off. Because gen sunburst is symmetrical on both sides.

I definitely know rep and gen quality,

For rep. Sunburst I can accept because it's not possible to replicate gen sunburst effect.

However, gen hulks are dark emerald green. Even under lighting. It's supposed to be like the Thai reseller video.

Given it's already a 5 months ago video, and getting 1 here now should be getting the latest VSF Hulk.

What I am trying to point out is if I am given an old stock. Or people in my situation getting old stocks from TD here. If that is the case, it's unfair for consumers like us. It ruins the experience.
ok, if you know gen and can tell the difference vs rep being night and day, which one is gen?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I think the way to tell is the curve of the radial sunburst. If it's too aggressive / curvy it's a rep.....

So is it the last one on the far right? I'm just curious lmao

Reactions: AG91

Gmt89

19/6/23

My franken hulk is using CF dial. I kinda like it.

Rep parts:
V7 (1st batch) case
CF dial
Sh3135 serviced
ARF bracelet

Gen parts:
Bezel insert
Xtal
Hands
DW
Rotor
This is the best hulk posted by far, though dial color is still lighter than gen, sunburst angle is too wide. But this is by far the best

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum

My franken hulk is using CF dial. I kinda like it.

Rep parts:
V7 (1st batch) case
CF dial
Sh3135 serviced
ARF bracelet

Gen parts:
Bezel insert
Xtal
Hands
DW
Rotor
congrats on your build, looks nice
looking at the parts used I was just wondering:

why v7? not 904 and the later cases are night and day with the older ones
why not VS mvm?
- Dial is the best choice, same mine, imo the best in terms of rep
- ARF the same, dont get the VSF hype ( closing, closed position, engraving, sel, etc..)

what i dont really see worth dissecting a gen and 3 other reps is the
- hands, worthless imo, no difference
- given the vsf xtal quality this would be the last thing to consider in an upgrade
- Clean DW also on spot
- rotor: VS mvm serviced is top, so cant really consider
- insert might be a fair point as VSF pearl is bad and incorrect, however Clean is very close both on shade, engraving, depth and pearl construction, the only difference SBS is the bit creamier look of the pearl inside.

most important is that you like it, doesnt matter what others say so ignore my thoughts too lol
Wear it well!

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
I think the way to tell is the curve of the radial sunburst. If it's too aggressive / curvy it's a rep.....

So is it the last one on the far right? I'm just curious lmao
yeah, first from right is the gen, but at the end we had to check the rehaut serial to bring the right one back to the owner :D
SBS and in almost all light conditions Clean (not the stock) is the one closest to gen.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
yeah, first from right is the gen, but at the end we had to check the rehaut serial to bring the right one back to the owner
SBS and in almost all light conditions Clean (not the stock) is the one closest to gen.
Yup thanks. It confirms what I've been saying that Clean is the best dial, VS best OOTB/no swaps overall due to crystal.

But basically it was near impossible to tell and I only guessed it based on my experience with seeing the real life Hulk once and comparing it to my VS. The real has a very nice elegant shimmer to the sunburst and more muted radial ouburst....

I showed your pic to my girlfriend and she said I was insane because it was 4 pictures of the same watch LOL

Reactions: Hasslebank

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Yup thanks. It confirms what I've been saying that Clean is the best dial, VS best OOTB/no swaps overall due to crystal.

But basically it was near impossible to tell and I only guessed it based on my experience with seeing the real life Hulk once and comparing it to my VS. The real has a very nice elegant shimmer to the sunburst and more muted radial ouburst....

I showed your pic to my girlfriend and she said I was insane because it was 4 pictures of the same watch LOL
Yeah, the so called "depth" of the green is and the transition to black of the clean is embarrasingly good, outburst radial in fact the same next to each other.
VSF is an instant tell and sadly even standing alone, the basic shade is way too dark

Last edited:
Reactions: AG91 and Reaps

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
26/7/17
This is the best hulk posted by far, though dial color is still lighter than gen, sunburst angle is too wide. But this is by far the best
Thanks for the kind words :)