• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The "Who Has the Best Hulk" Review

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
The one on the left is my guess. I can’t tell one from the other in real life unless I remove the back and look at the movement.

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
Yeah, having the best without considering any gen parts clean overall is top notch.
Dial side by side vs gen is incredible.
If you can source a vsf xtal replacing the usually weak clean, youre done, no need of gen either, my two cents
if I already have one of the latest vs k25 serials, can I change the dial to a clean one?

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
There’s different versions of clean hulk dial. IMO One is better than the newer vsf hulk dial. @CTime has or had them. They’re a bit pricey at nearly half the cost of a rep.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
There’s different versions of clean hulk dial. IMO One is better than the newer vsf hulk dial. @CTime has or had them. They’re a bit pricey at nearly half the cost of a rep.
Don't compare the price to a rep. Compare the price to a gen dial. Then it's a cheap dial at 1/15th the cost of a Hulk dial, if you can even find one.

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Don't compare the price to a rep. Compare the price to a gen dial. Then it's a cheap dial at 1/15th the cost of a Hulk dial, if you can even find one.
That is a good way to look at it because I just sold a clean hulk that didn’t look as good as the vsf to me. It’s in a side by side with the vsf in an earlier comment of mine. So it’s not like you’ll find that dial anywhere else. I’ve been thinking about grabbing one up myself and you might’ve just given me the rationale I’ve been needing.

Snookit

Getting To Know The Place
11/11/17
Just to get it right:
Gen is the dial in the middle - correct?
Correct!

I Am sorry if I wasn’t clear. On my photos it’s BP on the left, gen on the middle and zf on the right.
Again BP imitates quite well the gen just don’t have the same kind of shinning under natural light, under interior light is almost identical.
Zf against the sun makes a different ray (honestly don’t know how to explain in English) but nothing like gen.

Luxfer

Renowned Member
5/5/24
Italy
I have a question. Is me or is very difficult to find the crown on xtal at 6 on VSF HULK? I received yesterday and still trying to see it without success 😅

Reactions: Zeta7

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I have a question. Is me or is very difficult to find the crown on xtal at 6 on VSF HULK? I received yesterday and still trying to see it without success 😅
Not meant to be seen with your eyes. Even Rolex gen LEC is hard to spot. It is microscopic.

Go outside in sunlight and move the watch around.

Or use a phone macro lens and a high powered flashlight.

If you have a VS hulk I guarantee it is there.

Luxfer

Renowned Member
5/5/24
Italy
Not meant to be seen with your eyes. Even Rolex gen LEC is hard to spot. It is microscopic.

Go outside in sunlight and move the watch around.

Or use a phone macro lens and a high powered flashlight.

If you have a VS hulk I guarantee it is there.
Yeah maybe I didn’t use the good light or something, will try again , now don’t have the watch on me. I think is real VSF I got it with k25 serial and 7GJ clasp, I post some pic of the qc I got

Reactions: Zeta7 and munichman

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Yeah maybe I didn’t use the good light or something, will try again , now don’t have the watch on me. I think is real VSF I got it with k25 serial and 7GJ clasp, I post some pic of the qc I got
It’s probably real but the only way to know for certain is to take the back off and check out the movement

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
I should charge 5 dollars to answer that question lol
I gotta admit, being from this side of the pond and everything, it did cause me to think twice about what he was talking about. 😃

• Haha
Reactions: Hasslebank