• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
yeah i think that was the batch immediately before Q66 for the 41mm's
2r serials have been there for more than a year.

Unsure of what you meant by immediately befor q66. It sounded like an interim short lived batch so I have to just put out here so people who are unfamiliar won't get the wrong idea.

Apologies in advance, if I understood you wrongly.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
^ That one above looks pretty good. DW alignment looks perfect on that one. Hard to find.

SmokingRollys

Horology Curious
18/9/22
2r serials have been there for more than a year.

Unsure of what you meant by immediately befor q66. It sounded like an interim short lived batch so I have to just put out here so people who are unfamiliar won't get the wrong idea.

Apologies in advance, if I understood you wrongly.
I just meant it as 'immediately before' as in, the batch immediately prior to Q66. But i get what you mean, the 2R has been out a while by the looks of it.

cantalupo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
5/9/20
Ultimate Edition (CF + VS crystal and movement, AR bracelet)

vs Gen

Aside from the 6 o’clock SEL recession, blown away. Insert and dial font is a tiny bit thin but i like the look of the insert and there have been many gen dial versions so hard to know how gen-like it really is.

In hand I honestly preferred it to gen. Gen felt clunkier. Was considering buying it but def NWBIG!

Reactions: mcboom and Kalev007

Rangeman

7/8/22
Ultimate Edition (CF + VS crystal and movement, AR bracelet)

vs Gen

Aside from the 6 o’clock SEL recession, blown away. Insert and dial font is a tiny bit thin but i like the look of the insert and there have been many gen dial versions so hard to know how gen-like it really is.

In hand I honestly preferred it to gen. Gen felt clunkier. Was considering buying it but def NWBIG!

Nice bud, Where is this available?

gensc

5/7/22
Thanks for sharing, here are my notes from the video:
  • New bezel pip with warmer tone
  • Metal part of the bezel is brighter - not sure if referring to knurling, rehaut or insert numerals?
  • Clasp engravings are deeper
  • Glidelock is still bad
  • VSF is now offering after sales service for a peace of mind (I’m curious if this refers to a warranty honoured through certain distribution pathways?)
Interesting detail I picked up in the video, some of the subs shown have the old edge distortion cyclops despite the new clasp code. Given that VSF upgraded crystals months before the ‘V2 launch’ I didn’t expect this mismatch of parts. @2fast4lust would you be able to chime in on this sir? :)

Reactions: basecase123

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
  • Metal part of the bezel is brighter - not sure if referring to knurling, rehaut or insert numerals?
  • Glidelock is still bad
  • VSF is now offering after sales service for a peace of mind (I’m curious if this refers to a warranty honoured through certain distribution pathways?)
Interesting detail I picked up in the video, some of the subs shown have the old edge distortion cyclops despite the new clasp code. Given that VSF upgraded crystals months before the ‘V2 launch’ I didn’t expect this mismatch of parts. @2fast4lust would you be able to chime in on this sir? :)

My suggestion is to always wait for actual watch to be released and then you can have people who have actually owned the new version to chime in... What you see now.... take it with a pinch of salt, not because they are always fake - but because they at times, are not the final released products.

But what you said is true, these seem to have slight distortion to the cyclops edges. So lets wait and see... :)

Reactions: gensc

cantalupo

Supporter
Certified
5/9/20
  • Glidelock is still bad
Floating ‘m’ looks worse than ever

Not noted -

The clasp when closed looks more gen. There should be an elevation above the crown where the buckle sits inside the cutout, which is present here but was flush on v1.

The center SEL looks more elevated than V1 which i don’t know is better or worse compared to gen, as 12xx is shallower than 11xx, but maybe was too shallow before.

Reactions: gensc

rolexsub1

Known Member
2/10/21
Europe
My suggestion is to always wait for actual watch to be released and then you can have people who have actually owned the new version to chime in... What you see now.... take it with a pinch of salt, not because they are always fake - but because they at times, are not the final released products.

But what you said is true, these seem to have slight distortion to the cyclops edges. So lets wait and see... :)

Do you mean that the current V2 versions are not the final ones?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Do you mean that the current V2 versions are not the final ones?
Who knows what is final? All is takes if for VSF to run out of something and source them from another supplier and some of you will think its a V3/4/5/6/7 (pip, crystal, for example).

Reactions: mien