• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

rolexsub1

Known Member
2/10/21
Europe
Who knows what is final? All is takes if for VSF to run out of something and source them from another supplier and some of you will think its a V3/4/5/6/7 (pip, crystal, for example).

I understand. So it is not really an improvement, more of a need for them. 🤔

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
latest no date from sead K serial

zdokeS.jpg

Reactions: mhrboy

och

Known Member
19/4/22
Does anyone knows how I can get the lume on my VSF sub to last a little longer? Not expecting it to be 8 hours but perhaps 1-2 hours?

Currently it's probably 15-20 mins at best.

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Patiently waiting for pics of the LV V2 next to gen in sunlight

Rangeman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/22
latest no date from sead K serial

zdokeS.jpg
How's the GlideLock adjustment on the 40mm? Is it smooth? On the 41mm it's so smooth as if there's teflon/polymer applied not sure what it is.
Also any bezel play on the 40mm?
Thanks

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Been reading the comments, am I understanding correctly that the updates for 126610 LV are the pip at 12 and a different shade of the green color insert?

biff1001

25/7/21
My understanding at the moment are that changes to the watch parts are just that - they may or may not be improvements.
I think the covid/raids situation in China has resulted in disruption to the supply chain and the factories are just sourcing parts from wherever they can to fufil orders

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
How's the GlideLock adjustment on the 40mm? Is it smooth? On the 41mm it's so smooth as if there's teflon/polymer applied not sure what it is.
Also any bezel play on the 40mm?
Thanks
yes same here on 40mm glidelock. a bit of play on the bezel. my first issue vsf ln had zero play

Reactions: AG91

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Hope VSF can keep up with their established reputation and quality excellence, and won't follow the trial of AR going down the slope

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
New unwrapprd, latest version as of yesterday.
The unwrapped one was purchased in September 2021.

1 year old starbucks insert and pip.

Latest version as of 26th October 2022.

I can see the following changes in the insert.

1) green on the latest one is darker and more saturated. Might not show well in the pictures, but IRL it is slightly darker and not so faded.

2) insert markers are slightly thicker in font, more engraved and more 3D like.

3) lume pip is not that whiteish cum like color.

4) the metal border of the pip seems to have became thinner. Gen is still thinner than both versions.

I heard there will be an update on the insert again later this month or early next. I've placed and order and will check it out once again.

This is the pic I received of the up and coming silent update. I just had to order another one.

It is SIGNIFICANTLY more gen like.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
SEL midlink Step, can’t tell if it’s been improved with a sticker on it?
Cyclops edge distortion?

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
SEL midlink Step, can’t tell if it’s been improved with a sticker on it?
Cyclops edge distortion?

Personally find the old VSF midlink step good enough for me and i dont pay too much attention to them.

Cyclops edge distortion is non existent.

However, Halo effect is not as prominent and the crystal edges i suspect are too straight, causing the inidividual minute markers on the dial to show in the crystal edge reflection.

Reactions: AG91