• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

gllkmm

Horology Curious
14/9/22
Received this vsf 126610ln a few weeks back
Serial 2R8
Not got v1 to compare v2 against
Definitely pip jade in colour

Reactions: THESHOUTER

gensc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/22
Received this vsf 126610ln a few weeks back
Serial 2R8
Not got v1 to compare v2 against
Definitely pip jade in colour

V2 serial begins with Q6x and clasp code 3VV, 2Rx are V1 VSF, yours is most likely a V1 (and still remains an incredible rep)

I believe the change in lume pip colour is a very subtle shift towards a less cool white, I’m staring at my V1 and can definitely see how it can be interpreted as ‘jade green’

Reactions: Rolorin and gllkmm

gensc

5/7/22
Going slightly off topic here, I noticed the BP/GMF subs lack the floating m - would a dial swap be possible between VR and VS3235 without mods?

For those who own both, how does the lume and dial print quality compare?

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
Interesting... from these QCs can't really see what minor/major changes have been made to 126610LV but curios to see if someone has a v1 (pre raid or post)

SubSquared

Supporter
Certified
29/12/16
Thanks everyone who contributed to this tread. Placed an order for a VSF LV. Debating whether I should also grab a Hulk, LN or 114060. Already have a no date so with the LV it would be a great 1-2 combo. What else would you add as a 3rd? Leaning towards a hulk?

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Thanks everyone who contributed to this tread. Placed an order for a VSF LV. Debating whether I should also grab a Hulk, LN or 114060. Already have a no date so with the LV it would be a great 1-2 combo. What else would you add as a 3rd? Leaning towards a hulk?
I have a Hulk and Sub-date. For me the Hulk is sportier (bc of the green dial & bezel). The Sub-date can be worn with anything, even a suit or tux.

Reactions: SubSquared

gensc

5/7/22
Hulk would complete the trifecta of not green, kinda green and really green!

Would you consider a YM instead for something different?

SubSquared

Supporter
Certified
29/12/16
Hulk would complete the trifecta of not green, kinda green and really green!

Would you consider a YM instead for something different?
Good point 😀
Actually, yes thought about the grey YM after posting this. Reading up on it now.

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
Agree with the date wheel. But I think it seems like the numbers are printed in slightly different heights^^.
15 seems fine and 5 also. So do not know what to do 😂 have a bulk order so can ask them to look at it maybe ^^

gensc

5/7/22
Good point 😀
Actually, yes thought about the grey YM after posting this. Reading up on it now.
CF recently released their 126622 YM’s and, rehaut alignment issues aside, absolutely nailed the rhodium dial - great alternative to a sub!

Reactions: SubSquared

gensc

5/7/22
Brushing is not the same because I refinished the gen sub myself.. i wore it from new daily for 2 years and marked it up. You are seeing it there after I’d brushed it on the Brushmaster3000 Delux..

Are those green Scotch Brite pads? How would you go about the brushed top parts of the lugs?

You did a bang up job with the refinish sir!