• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
I also felt like the 114060 was a brick on the wrist. I got the 126610 instead and it feels way better and more slim on the wrist with thinner lugs and the case lays more against the wrist instead of floating on the back cover, at least that my experience.
Yeah same here mate, to be honest Ive never really been interested in submariners, but i tried my mates 126610 on and i loved it. Didnt realise there was a massive difference with them both being 40mm🤦🏻‍♂️

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Aaaaand that's the reason I sort of dislike the Daytona, to me it wears kinda small.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

drunkpunter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
Hi all, new to the forum, good to be here.

Been reading through this thread for the last couple of days, some really great info to sift through and has helped me narrow down what sub to go for, Thanks for all your inputs, some great information and quality photos... (esp Zeta7 for the info and links on the movements(y)).

Straight away the 114060 appealed to me, and I'm torn between a noob v10 with 2836 inside and keep the back cover on, or pay approx double and go for a clean with VS3130 in and spend all day taking the cover on and off to look at it :LOL:..

Keep swaying back and forth, no desire to mod or add gen parts, can't find much info on the NF quality wise either... and that VS3130 movement looks a thing of beauty ... any opinions welcome..

(Also how addictive is this hobby/forum..... looking at buying my 2nd watch already and only joined on Monday..)

Jcap66

Certified
3/3/24
Hi all, new to the forum, good to be here.

Been reading through this thread for the last couple of days, some really great info to sift through and has helped me narrow down what sub to go for, Thanks for all your inputs, some great information and quality photos... (esp Zeta7 for the info and links on the movements(y)).

Straight away the 114060 appealed to me, and I'm torn between a noob v10 with 2836 inside and keep the back cover on, or pay approx double and go for a clean with VS3130 in and spend all day taking the cover on and off to look at it :LOL:..

Keep swaying back and forth, no desire to mod or add gen parts, can't find much info on the NF quality wise either... and that VS3130 movement looks a thing of beauty ... any opinions welcome..

(Also how addictive is this hobby/forum..... looking at buying my 2nd watch already and only joined on Monday..)
You’re replying in the VSF Submariner thread, all pictures in this thread are of the VSF subs. There are other threads comparing different brands. Especially the subject Clean vs VSF have been discussed in many threads and the short answer is that they are both great reps :)

drunkpunter

22/5/22
Yep. Thanks Jcap66... Plenty of discussion here also rgds other factories and gens in comparison to VSF too... ;)

As I say only joined up this week so all a bit new to me, by looks of it you've only been here a couple of months yourself... :eek:

I guess I got carried away with researching subs all day... o_O I have been flipping between the VSF 124060 and the 114060 clean, then the NF v10 came into the mix just interested in other peoples thoughts as a comparison to the VSF really...

dodact

Слава Украине!
Supporter
Patron
Certified
12/4/24
CT
I also felt like the 114060 was a brick on the wrist. I got the 126610 instead and it feels way better and more slim on the wrist with thinner lugs and the case lays more against the wrist instead of floating on the back cover, at least that my experience.
I’ve got a VSF 114060 on the way. What size is your wrist? Wondering if I’ll need to go in this direction as well… I’m 6.5 inches on a good day 🤫

Jcap66

Certified
3/3/24
Yep. Thanks Jcap66... Plenty of discussion here also rgds other factories and gens in comparison to VSF too... ;)

As I say only joined up this week so all a bit new to me, by looks of it you've only been here a couple of months yourself... :eek:

I guess I got carried away with researching subs all day... o_O I have been flipping between the VSF 124060 and the 114060 clean, then the NF v10 came into the mix just interested in other peoples thoughts as a comparison to the VSF really...
It’s all right, you don’t need to get all worked up, I just tried to point you in the right direction since there was no question regarding comparing your alternatives against the vsf that I could see. I hope that someone can help you decide what’s best for you or that you’ll find a good deal on m2m :)

drunkpunter

22/5/22
It’s all right, you don’t need to get all worked up, I just tried to point you in the right direction since there was no question regarding comparing your alternatives against the vsf that I could see. I hope that someone can help you decide what’s best for you or that you’ll find a good deal on m2m :)
😭 not worked up my friend, just a bit of fun.... 🥰

Minds made up, just waiting to hear back from TD on wait times.......

Right I'm off to the Seamaster forum to talk about Daytonas... 🤪

Go steady...

Jcap66

Certified
3/3/24
Oh boy. Guess we’ll see how this fares when it comes in. Thanks for your insight!
I think my wrist is around 7,2 if I convert correctly. The 40mm 11series felt big in my wrist but this 41mm 12 series fits perfectly and lays flat on the arm instead. Much better fit in my opinion but everyone’s different :)
Bad pictures but it’s something

rwifilipe

Horology Curious
11/10/19
I have a 114060, it fits well but i would like a thinner caseback so it would be more snug.

Are there any options? Anyone tried?

Thanks

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I have a 7.25 inch wrist at the moment.

Comparison shots of 41mm vs 40mm Submariner Date, and the 41mm vs 40mm Submariner.

There is less than 1mm difference in thickness from the case back to the crystal. I have not attempted to swap the case backs.

The slightly wider bracelet is what I prefer most.

KsFOhL.jpeg

KsFys8.jpeg

KsF9ZK.jpeg

KsFY9R.jpeg

KsF8xj.jpeg

KsF6X1.jpeg

KsFBQI.jpeg

KsFtU4.jpeg

rwifilipe

Horology Curious
11/10/19
I have a 7.25 inch wrist at the moment.

Comparison shots of 41mm vs 40mm Submariner Date, and the 41mm vs 40mm Submariner.

There is less than 1mm difference in thickness from the case back to the crystal. I have not attempted to swap the case backs.

The slightly wider bracelet is what I prefer most.

KsFOhL.jpeg

KsFys8.jpeg

KsF9ZK.jpeg

KsFY9R.jpeg

KsF8xj.jpeg

KsF6X1.jpeg

KsFBQI.jpeg

KsFtU4.jpeg

Thanks for the shots.
They appear to be very similar on size. Guess i'll just enjoy my watch!

Reactions: SS72

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
Thanks for the shots.
They appear to be very similar on size. Guess i'll just enjoy my watch!
There's nothing in it, the lug and bracelet width is the only real change. The actual difference in size across the watch is +0.3mm for the 12xxxx version.

People get super bothered about it and here is the difference

And that's the light, the SEL on the Hulk is not wobbly!

This is purely for size/shape reference, the Hulk is not VSF.

Last edited:
Reactions: s10ww