• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Thanks for the comments!
I totally agree with you and wish could spend 500 without looking but was not the case.
I did my due diligence which lead me to VSF.
Was considering an easier movement/easier to repair as I already have a Clean Daytona that drains me with the maintenance but…VSF is VSF.
I also asked the dealer and he confirmed that this model is the most recent/best from VSF.

I was a bit surprised as I found 100$ difference among TD’s for the same model. Hope I did a good choice
I hate to break it to you but the movement in the vsf 41mm sub can do the same as the movement in your clean Daytona and drain your pocket. It only has Gen parts available so get use to paying through the nose for parts. If you want a vs movement in a sub and don’t want to be forced to buy gen parts you should buy a 40mm submariner from vsf or even better buy a Clean 40mm sub with the vs3135. Yes the best vs3135 comes in the clean submariners.

Janes Bond

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/6/23
Switzerland
I hate to break it to you but the movement in the vsf 41mm sub can do the same as the movement in your clean Daytona and drain your pocket. It only has Gen parts available so get use to paying through the nose for parts. If you want a vs movement in a sub and don’t want to be forced to buy gen parts you should buy a 40mm submariner from vsf or even better buy a Clean 40mm sub with the vs3135. Yes the best vs3135 comes in the clean submariners.
Thanks for the info!
Then, in your opinion is better to go for the Clean 40mm with the 3135 instead of the 41mm with the 3235 from VSF?

In terms of “repairability” is clear that said model is cheaper to keep but what about in terms of rep? I thought there were a general consensus that VSF makes the best reps for the subs.
Thanks !

Art Vandelay

Supporter
Certified
21/3/23
Where the buffalo roam
I thought there were a general consensus that VSF makes the best reps for the subs.
Thanks !

'Best' is subjective to the minor out the box flaws that are present within each factory's offering. What can you live with, or seek to improve?

I think it's a fair statement that a greater range of parts are available for the 3135 movement. (Edit: and greater availability of gen parts in general for the 11 series if that's your thing).

Last edited:

Janes Bond

27/6/23
Switzerland
'Best' is subjective to the minor out the box flaws that are present within each factory's offering. What can you live with, or seek to improve?

I think it's a fair statement that a greater range of parts are available for the 3135 movement. (Edit: and greater availability of gen parts in general for the 11 series if that's your thing).
True…hopefully it will get easier with time. Finger crossed for me now!

Andrew_watchlist

28/4/24
Start g to think I have a quatze movement in my VSF 😂.
Did I just get really lucky? This watch is gaining 1 or 2 seconds a day or losing a second, yesterday it was two seconds fast today it dropped a second and is now only 1 second fast.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Start g to think I have a quatze movement in my VSF 😂.
Did I just get really lucky? This watch is gaining 1 or 2 seconds a day or losing a second, yesterday it was two seconds fast today it dropped a second and is now only 1 second fast.
Wear it more and it'll settle out. Rep accuracy is a matter of luck. Mine started at +2s/day and after a month it was -7s/sat

Andrew_watchlist

28/4/24
Wear it more and it'll settle out. Rep accuracy is a matter of luck. Mine started at +2s/day and after a month it was -7s/sat
Wearing it everyday, I really do like it, I might buy a gen next year for a significant birthday. I am currently wearing it whist digging soil in the garden

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Wearing it everyday, I really do like it, I might buy a gen next year for a significant birthday. I am currently wearing it whist digging soil in the garden
If you love it buy gen, don't disagree, reps are to test ride if you really like gen,

My personal opinion though is I only buy gens where there's no good fakes

Stainless steel Rolex is basically the most "not worth it" category of replicas

Reactions: establishthefun

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Thanks for the info!
Then, in your opinion is better to go for the Clean 40mm with the 3135 instead of the 41mm with the 3235 from VSF?

In terms of “repairability” is clear that said model is cheaper to keep but what about in terms of rep? I thought there were a general consensus that VSF makes the best reps for the subs.
Thanks !
Vsf did make the best until clean began using the vs movement's then things changed. If you compare 41mm subs vsf makes the best 41mm. However If the sub you like is available in 40mm then the clean is the best choice.

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
23/11/23
UK
So I’ve finally joined the VSF sub club (which at one point I was certain I never would).

I must say, this thing is pretty damn nice. But whether it will get more wrist time than my SMP 300s I’m still deciding :cool:

Reactions: leo6929

AndyDav55

Known Member
Certified
13/2/18
hey yall would you recommend the clean bracelet over the VSF one for 116610?

I have a super franked i posted in the prior page and was wondering if getting the clean bracelet will be worth it for my build? Thanks

harvey-ridge

Got me a sweet sweet badge
Supporter
Certified
19/12/23
UK
So I’ve finally joined the VSF sub club (which at one point I was certain I never would).

I must say, this thing is pretty damn nice. But whether it will get more wrist time than my SMP 300s I’m still deciding :cool:

How is the rotor noise on this model ?

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
23/11/23
UK
How is the rotor noise on this model ?
So the 3235 movement inside is pretty silent, barely noticeable. That said, I’ve only had it a day, and I’m also coming from a Summer Blue VSF SMP300 which for some reason was incredibly loud (louder than my ZF SMP300, which I thought was meant to be the factory notorious for rotor noise).

If it gets louder I’ll be sure to let this thread know, and will probably oil up the bearings (y)

Reactions: harvey-ridge

ben274

Looking Around
9/5/24
Belgium
Hi all. What a great forum I read all the posts in this thread (217 pages)🤓it took me almost a week and I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this goldmine of information. I'm a new member but I've known this forum for over three years from the day I bought my first AP rep. I was able to make my choices without asking any questions even if I don't have the expert eye that some people have here but hey if I like it that's the main thing 😉 I await their arrival with patience. I wanted to register to thank you. Until next time guys. long live VSF 😁 and sorry for my English I use Google translate

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Hi all. What a great forum I read all the posts in this thread (217 pages)🤓it took me almost a week and I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this goldmine of information. I'm a new member but I've known this forum for over three years from the day I bought my first AP rep. I was able to make my choices without asking any questions even if I don't have the expert eye that some people have here but hey if I like it that's the main thing 😉 I await their arrival with patience. I wanted to register to thank you. Until next time guys. long live VSF 😁 and sorry for my English I use Google translate
Congrats and welcome aboard. It’s a great community with lots of awesome people. The most knowledgeable people in the world about reps are here. You’re gonna be receiving some information from them soon if you haven’t already. It’ll help you if you run into any problems or have any questions. Good luck and best wishes

Reactions: ben274 and Snooky

Janes Bond

27/6/23
Switzerland
Hi guys,
What do you think of my VSF 41mm QC pictures ? 😊😊

• Angry
Reactions: Fabulously