• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Andrew_watchlist

Supporter
28/4/24
Hi guys,
What do you think of my VSF 41mm QC pictures ? 😊😊

Looks pretty good, where the SEL meets the case the gaps look a bit wider than my example. Your crown on the winder looks to be pointing up which is nice.

Reactions: Janes Bond

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Hi guys,
What do you think of my VSF 41mm QC pictures ? 😊😊

Sorry mate, that's just not done here, if younhave a specific question re a concern then feel free and ask but I think you'll find that no one will comment

Janes Bond

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/6/23
Switzerland
Sorry mate, that's just not done here, if younhave a specific question re a concern then feel free and ask but I think you'll find that no one will comment

Hi Jackster, my apologies for that.
I just received the pictures and probably got too excited, my bad.

Thanks Andrew for your comment though :) I agree that it looks a bit different

Reactions: Jackster

hollabizack12

Horology Curious
29/4/23
I've got a 116610 ln and every time I see pics of it in this forum I go and take it out the box lol. What a great rep.

Alex22

Renowned Member
Certified
12/2/18
I have a 124060 clean with which I am very happy (the only flaw is that the movement, when you shake the watch) is noisy. How can VSF be better or worse than clean?

Reactions: Zeta7

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
I have a 124060 clean with which I am very happy (the only flaw is that the movement, when you shake the watch) is noisy. How can VSF be better or worse than clean?
One has qualities that some people place a higher importance on. They’re both very good and it comes down to what you’re looking for in your rep. I choose the vsf 124060 because I wanted to Frankenstein the movement and the vs3235 requires fewer gen parts in its movement to return it to its original Rolex design. If I wasn’t going to Frankenstein it I’d bought a clean 114060 because it’s got a better bracelet case dial and bezel. The vsf 124060 has the best lume of any rep I’ve got. The price of vsf is a little less but not enough that I took it into consideration but it is a factor. You can see where the extra money went on cleans especially the bracelet. Of course others have their own reasons but that’s how I see it

dxvidvg

Certified
29/6/18
look at what arrrived today 🤪 Impressed by the quality of the craftmenship from these, definitely a step up from my old ZF BB58 from 5-6 years ago

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
I really like my Starbucks. It’s one of my favorites. The Hulk is also a thing of beauty with the sunburst dial.

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Received my VSF 114060 today. Really didnt realise how big it would feel compared to my 116500 daytona. My daytona feels like a 36mm datejust compared to this big slab on my wrist 😭 really gutted because i love the look of the no date sub but the lug width is just far too wide for me. Feels like a 42-44mm on the wrist.

Lug difference between the 2 watches is crazy

Andrew_watchlist

Supporter
28/4/24
Received my VSF 114060 today. Really didnt realise how big it would feel compared to my 116500 daytona. My daytona feels like a 36mm datejust compared to this big slab on my wrist 😭 really gutted because i love the look of the no date sub but the lug width is just far too wide for me. Feels like a 42-44mm on the wrist.

if ya in uk and want to trade I have a pepsi CF (not latest) i'd swap as per forum rules I guess one of us would need to place a wanted to trade ad.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
if ya in uk and want to trade I have a pepsi CF (not latest) i'd swap as per forum rules I guess one of us would need to place a wanted to trade ad.

Pepsi has almost the same case so no difference for him.

Both gens:

sub-no-date-114060-vs-124060-v0-wfaafisntyob1-jpeg.webp

Andrew_watchlist

Supporter
28/4/24
Pepsi has almost the same case so no difference for him.

Both gens:

sub-no-date-114060-vs-124060-v0-wfaafisntyob1-jpeg.webp
Ah, guess I showed my noobness, thanks for the education. Lug width is too subtle for me to pickup on at mo. Will try to learn the difference between the models and generational changes.

Jcap66

Certified
3/3/24

I also felt like the 114060 was a brick on the wrist. I got the 126610 instead and it feels way better and more slim on the wrist with thinner lugs and the case lays more against the wrist instead of floating on the back cover, at least that my experience.