• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

Yasrolex

Known Member
18/7/23
London Uk
Been scrolling the forums for a while now. Would like to pull the trigger finally on the Clean V3 Panda, and replace the crystal for a deep crystal. From what I’ve read this will be a good fairly OOTB piece.

Who would everyone recommend that I purchase this from? Including the Crystal replacement. I’m based in the UK.

Any help appreciated
Sorry I’m a bit late to this reply. But I’m from the uk and went with Steve at onewatches. He did the crystal swap for $50 I think, didn’t charge me for the labour.
Shipped it out on a Fri and last Saturday I got the watch and it’s fantastic.
Really impressed with him so bought a VSF yachtmaster from him, which he shipped 2 days ago so hopefully get that this week coming.

Reactions: frankdux1987

riderup

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/23
I am trying but just don't get this spreadsheet. On Daytona it references clean as number 1 and a movement. I can't what "clean" is.

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
I am trying but just don't get this spreadsheet. On Daytona it references clean as number 1 and a movement. I can't what "clean" is.

This is what is meant:

loodeytunes

27/8/23
Clean is the name of the Factory. Unless i totally misunderstood what you meant

riderup

21/9/23
Do you happen to know if this is kept up to date? I read another thread on here that said the best movement is one of these Noob4130 / N4130 / Dandong 4130 and not the Asian. This shows the Asian as the best movement. Just not sure which document to trust.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Do you happen to know if this is kept up to date? I read another thread on here that said the best movement is one of these Noob4130 / N4130 / Dandong 4130 and not the Asian. This shows the Asian as the best movement. Just not sure which document to trust.
That Reddit doc is stupid. Yes, it might give you a glimpse of which might be the best, but who to determine which one is the best? There're no consenses in most cases, only depends on what you can tolerate and what you can't take it lightly. Some don't like the so-called "fat dial" (not in my Clean V3), while some hate more about the brass centre axis of the subdial. It really depends.

About the movement, you don't have much choice either. Most of them are DD4130, take it or leave it.

Reactions: riderup

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Let's make this real simple for you :) If you want a panda Daytona, this is the best one out the box. Any TD here will source the same watch for you. Here is a link to one of the biggest TDs, you are safe to buy here: https://puretimewatch.io/daytona-11...s-case-and-bracelet-white-dial-sa4130-v2.html

riderup

21/9/23
Thanks but still wanting to learn it all. Love all the technical details but dang it is a lot. Excited to make a purchase maybe even some franken mods

Reactions: 2841

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks but still wanting to learn it all. Love all the technical details but dang it is a lot. Excited to make a purchase maybe even some franken mods

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
can anybody get a clean 116500 v3 black dial with correct coronet? Jtime said they only sell them with the big oval hole

Jack_08067

11/8/17
Sorry I’m a bit late to this reply. But I’m from the uk and went with Steve at onewatches. He did the crystal swap for $50 I think, didn’t charge me for the labour.
Shipped it out on a Fri and last Saturday I got the watch and it’s fantastic.
Really impressed with him so bought a VSF yachtmaster from him, which he shipped 2 days ago so hopefully get that this week coming.
Thank you for your reply. I will check out Onewatches next time. I went ahead and ordered with J Time. Who have also replaced the Crystal before sending it. Can’t wait to receive it

Reactions: Yasrolex

Jack_08067

11/8/17
Can anyone who has a Clean V3 116500 tell me please their thoughts on the bracelet, does it squeak, or feel “tinny”

Also when you shake the watch, can you hear the rotor spinning?

Yasrolex

Known Member
18/7/23
London Uk
Can anyone who has a Clean V3 116500 tell me please their thoughts on the bracelet, does it squeak, or feel “tinny”

Also when you shake the watch, can you hear the rotor spinning?
I have one, have had it since August. My bracelet doesn’t squeak or feel tinny, whatever that means. If it does then just give an oil bath.
With mine I can hear it faintly but then I didn’t shake my watch, you shouldn’t anyways as you could damage it pal. I just wind it, set the time and it’s good to go.

But this is my watch, yours might have a squeaky bracelet or a noisy rotor.

Jack_08067

11/8/17
I have one, have had it since August. My bracelet doesn’t squeak or feel tinny, whatever that means. If it does then just give an oil bath.
With mine I can hear it faintly but then I didn’t shake my watch, you shouldn’t anyways as you could damage it pal. I just wind it, set the time and it’s good to go.

But this is my watch, yours might have a squeaky bracelet or a noisy rotor.