• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

Orthopod

Heal with Steel
Patron
Certified
5/7/23
Southeast USA
While I agree with you on Gen (4), Rep (4), Cars (7) & Guns :)censored:)... I may disagree on the guns slightly. I believe one needs to have specific calibers for specific needs, while also being proficient with each. Like different models of cars drive differently, so do different make/models of firearms. I hate thinking about ever actually using one for self defense but if that time comes, I DO NOT want to fumble around trying to get a grip on a firearm I am not comfortable/used to... practice, practice, practice muscle memory. Most of mine are also suppressed & will shoot differently on/off. (I am blessed to live in a 'friendly' state that respects conceal carry.)

For those wondering, my wife carries 45 while I prefer 9 ;)

I got off topic... LOL, Clean, BTF, Noob make amazing product more the money. They are great daily wear & I don't have to keep my hand in my pocket for fear of a scratch or someone wanting to borrow :eek:
Definitely OT, but all true.
Yes I’m very proficient with 🔫

I just like to keep buying them.

Wife Carry’s a 38 revolver. I’m a 9 guy. My wife is tiny, she hates anything bigger than 9mm.

I have my favorites that are my go to that I am very proficient with, depending on the situation

Yes am bless to live in a free county (at least for now) in a free state that allows permitless concealed carry.

ApIcedOutt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/19
Is this still updated for today ?
Looking for panda or black dial Daytona SS bracelet.

Is clean still the favorite or BTF?
I know panda cf should and btf for black?

Donnaildk

Known Member
Certified
17/10/22
Denmark
Hi guys’
I have a BTF 116500, and I am overall very happy with it. My only issue is the pushers. The just feel a bit off and has that wrong clunky sound when it is pushed.
Would the problem be solve be buying a set of gen springs with gasket and install them on my BTF? Or is the only solution to buy a full set of gen pushers?

Jack_08067

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/17
Been scrolling the forums for a while now. Would like to pull the trigger finally on the Clean V3 Panda, and replace the crystal for a deep crystal. From what I’ve read this will be a good fairly OOTB piece.

Who would everyone recommend that I purchase this from? Including the Crystal replacement. I’m based in the UK.

Any help appreciated

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Been scrolling the forums for a while now. Would like to pull the trigger finally on the Clean V3 Panda, and replace the crystal for a deep crystal. From what I’ve read this will be a good fairly OOTB piece.

Who would everyone recommend that I purchase this from? Including the Crystal replacement. I’m based in the UK.

Any help appreciated
Any td

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
Going to jump the trigger on a Clean panda and wear it ootb.
But, what really bugs my hair off is the three dots in the crown. With you guys experience, do you think its possible to get a BTF crown from my TD?:ROFLMAO: or is it asking too much?

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Going to jump the trigger on a Clean panda and wear it ootb.
But, what really bugs my hair off is the three dots in the crown. With you guys experience, do you think its possible to get a BTF crown from my TD?:ROFLMAO: or is it asking too much?
Asking for a BTF crown at your "personal" TD is possible.
When you have "good" relationship with your TD, he could source it.

Asking costs nothing

Reactions: Minome

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I'm slowly diving into a Clean based 156520 build, i don't know how franken im gonna go yet, still gathering info :)

Could one of you kind soul explain to me why people dislike the Clean v3 bezel, over the v1 & v2. I for the life of me can't see the difference :)

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I'm slowly diving into a Clean based 156520 build, i don't know how franken im gonna go yet, still gathering info :)

Could one of you kind soul explain to me why people dislike the Clean v3 bezel, over the v1 & v2. I for the life of me can't see the difference :)
@domiffm analyzed them to the fullest. Maybe he can help here.

Reactions: 2841

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
V3 a bit thinner engravings, the first Clean bezels were the best. But the current bezels are still good. The numbers don’t have the nice 3D effect anymore. So it’s good to polish the bezel to get the 3D effect on the numbers. @2841
Okay that makes sense. But the overall dimension/shape of the bezel hasn't changed? it's just the font.

Thanks D. appreciate the help :)

Reactions: domiffm

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪

I don't understand either. I have a V3 on hand for a few months, I can't even tell the difference with a 40x loupe...
But then later I realized that, people say they don't like it, usually comment by photos which may be taken with different light and tuned.

Reactions: 2841

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Okay that makes sense. But the overall dimension/shape of the bezel hasn't changed? it's just the font.

Thanks D. appreciate the help :)
Shape/dimensions is the same.

Btw here is what I meant with 3D effect. This is after polishing.
53-F918-A6-9-A54-489-A-80-F6-A5491-F908-A1-F.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Storm. and Nur-Uhr