• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The RWI Running Club

trb1971

3/6/15
Ahhh who am I kidding, I'm starting early....

Banana smoothie and a gentle run today

Jeane123

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/4/15
Phew thank god RWI is back, I nearly...NEARLY ended up purchasing a Casio :)

Erm I dontbhave any new years resolutions as such as I just do stuff as they come up, but I geuss I'd like to comfortably run marathon distances regulalrly this year and make it to an ultra , I'm just trying to decide which one.

Good luck woth yours Mincis8 and Manodeoro, I cant do treadmills, I just cant get the stimulus to keep going, having said that though I do use turbo trainwrs for the bike with a pc linked to it and that is fun.

@Jeane123 BEST IDEA EVER :)

Have you seen the Casio royale thread? It's a movement lol we need you on the "dark side"

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Jeane123

6/4/15
So it's the last day of 2016, and tbh I have done zero running for the last couple of weeks, it's been a busy time and it took us 72 hours to get back home as our flight we got diverted and delayed but that's long haul flying for you. That threw us off for a couple,of days, then Christmas blah blah blah.

So it's the last day of 2016, the last day of filling up with food, the last day of xmas TV and generally slothing about the house. Tomorrow we go back to normal and start again.

Now me an the better half are doing a plan to run a half in 3 weeks time, courtesy of @manodeoro (thanks mate), BUT I'm also,going to do runs like I am just starting running again and post them on here,
It'll be for anyone new to running, someone who may be looking to get fit as a new year resolution or something like that. So spread the word if you can

Oh and because it is a watch forum we ought to post some pics of watches as well. So watches in running gear pics ?

Anyway Happy New Years everyone, and see you all in 2017

I will be posting my progress from couch potato to runner, this is going to be the year :)

D

d4m.test

Have you seen the Casio royale thread? It's a movement lol we need you on the "dark side"

Hahaha yeah I saw that and I am tempted, but i was nearly enticed in by a g shock I quite liked

Dunno if I can resist it if I'm honest

Took my Royale out for a run today with the kids and the dog

17be019765af2bbb2278a79efa9739cc.jpg

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Ok I'll start the ball rolling and weigh in, in the morning
Hi to all RWI Running Club members and a Happy New Year !!!
@trb1971 ... only 2 days left before your best half running that semi
How does she feel ?
and what is her goal ?... 1h50/55 or less ?
For me it's 9 days left before spine surgery ... then 6 to 12 weeks without working so plenty of time to work on dials and mods ... hope I'll feel well enough.

trb1971

3/6/15
Hi mate,

Yeah she is going for a sub 1:50

I on the other hand have had to pull out as I've not been well at all. Nothing serious just a chest cold that has messed me up a bit so I'm ducking out for this one. But there is another one in April that I'm heading to do.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I should hopefully be able to start running again by the summer this year after years of battling with osteitis pubis. I'm using the spin bike now and able to jog lightly for a couple of minutes.

I'm terribly out of shape due to my injuries so it will take some time and patience do build myself back up.

This is a huge boost for me because I also have a neck injury that has kept me out of the gym almost three years. I don't know how or when that will be resolved so running and other lower body activities will be my only outlet for now

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hi mate,

Yeah she is going for a sub 1:50

I on the other hand have had to pull out as I've not been well at all. Nothing serious just a chest cold that has messed me up a bit so I'm ducking out for this one. But there is another one in April that I'm heading to do.
Good goal ... and I'm 90% sure she'll do it.
Did she have time to have a look on the training plan I sent ?

trb1971

3/6/15
She did sir, and she used it to train with.

Now this isn't a bad thing at all, but she ran a 1:51 and that was because the temp was -4 degrees. That cold made what would have been a 1:40 pace a 1:51 and as per usual she ran virtually the same splits right the way through so thanks mate.

trb1971

3/6/15
I should hopefully be able to start running again by the summer this year after years of battling with osteitis pubis. I'm using the spin bike now and able to jog lightly for a couple of minutes.

I'm terribly out of shape due to my injuries so it will take some time and patience do build myself back up.

This is a huge boost for me because I also have a neck injury that has kept me out of the gym almost three years. I don't know how or when that will be resolved so running and other lower body activities will be my only outlet for now

Firstly welcome to the running club, and I'm sure that there are a few members, including myself, who will be happy to help with advice on training etc if you ever want some.
Secondly if it is any help, I had a bad motorcycle accident years and years ago now, but it stopped me from hitting the gym for 2 years. I found cycling and now running got me back to a fitness I'm really happy with, so matter how hard it seems at times, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
She did sir, and she used it to train with.

Now this isn't a bad thing at all, but she ran a 1:51 and that was because the temp was -4 degrees. That cold made what would have been a 1:40 pace a 1:51 and as per usual she ran virtually the same splits right the way through so thanks mate.
Congrats to her my friend !!! :flowers1: and (if you dont mind) give her a big hug from me.
1h51' is a huge record for a woman.
I'm not at all phallocrat or sexist but the evidence is, from all running records, that "at the moment" the gap between mens records and women records for half-marathon is still about 10%.
So a 1h51' for a women equate to a 1h40' for a man.
With a good training plan she will easily run her next marathon under 4h00, probably about 3h50' or less.
And she can already pretend to be among the best V1 performers of the RWI Running Club, men and women.
TOTAL RESPECT !!! :clap_1::clap_1::clap_1:

trb1971

3/6/15
Thanks man and I will pass it all on...the hug as well. I like giving her those anyway :)

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Firstly welcome to the running club, and I'm sure that there are a few members, including myself, who will be happy to help with advice on training etc if you ever want some.
Secondly if it is any help, I had a bad motorcycle accident years and years ago now, but it stopped me from hitting the gym for 2 years. I found cycling and now running got me back to a fitness I'm really happy with, so matter how hard it seems at times, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for that. I'm a pretty experienced athlete and former trainer so I do okay in terms of training. But always good to learn new things from the group.

I'm having a couple of surgical consultations for my neck in the next two months. I'm hoping to get this figured out so I can get back at the weights too. But so far nothing is helping.

I struggled with osteitis pubis for years, even ended my soccer career. But cortisone injections have helped recently and I'm finally making progress .

I'm going to be a runner come summer time. Some kind of a runner anyway lol maybe nothing serious ever again but we'll see

Thanks again

trb1971

3/6/15
Thanks for that. I'm a pretty experienced athlete and former trainer so I do okay in terms of training. But always good to learn new things from the group.

I'm having a couple of surgical consultations for my neck in the next two months. I'm hoping to get this figured out so I can get back at the weights too. But so far nothing is helping.

I struggled with osteitis pubis for years, even ended my soccer career. But cortisone injections have helped recently and I'm finally making progress .

I'm going to be a runner come summer time. Some kind of a runner anyway lol maybe nothing serious ever again but we'll see

Thanks again

What is osteitis pubis ? I would hazard a guess as being something to do with the pubis bone rubbing but that's about as far as I'd could go, I'm no doctor.

And dya know I never thought I would say I love running, but I do love being some kind of runner :)
Some days I only have 5k max, in me other days it is more.
Sometimes I just have to stop to take in a view, other days I want to see what's down that trail there.
So yeah I'm going to go with that as well, I'm a "some kind" of runner too :)

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
Guys, I made a fitness subforum for workout etc. information -- do you all mind if I move this thread there so we can populate it? :)