• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC bezel repair question.

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
Hello all, so first I want to say that I absolutely love my TC V6. Some people on the forum have been giving TC a hard time lately but I stand behind his work 100%. With that being said I have one issue that is probably a very easy quick fix that I would like to ask about.

My V6 bezel was slightly loose. It clicked fine and was one directional as per gen but when I touched the bezel, it moved slightly downwards. It's hard to explain but it's like the bezel was not fully seated on the watch. So stupid me decides to take the bezel off so I can try to adjust it but my click spring fell off and for the life of me i cannot get it back in. My chubby fingers don't help. So I tested it out without the click spring and put the bezel back on as tight as I could and it still seems loose. Any ideas? Does anyone know a reliable watchmaker or modder who lives in NY? This seems like a basic repair so I don't want to burden TC by sending it to him but would he be upset if I did use someone else for something like this? Thanks all for your help and answers in advance.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
How long ago did you receive your watch?

You might take a video of the loose bezel and send a link to TC for verification. He will take care of it for you. It is also possible to bend those rings when removing the bezel with a case knife, along with removing the crystal ring and crystal....

A magnet might help you locate the bezel click spring....

JoeyT

11/8/14
How long ago did you receive your watch?

You might take a video of the loose bezel and send a link to TC for verification. He will take care of it for you. It is also possible to bend those rings when removing the bezel with a case knife, along with removing the crystal ring and crystal....

A magnet might help you locate the bezel click spring....

I bought the watch secondhand so I'm not sure when the original purchase was made. I didn't lose the spring and I tried putting it back in but after about 20 minutes of frustration, I gave up. I lined the bezel up and clicked it back on and it seems tight now but of course I lost the movement of the bezel. I still want it repaired to work as GEN but I don't know any local watch makers that I would trust.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Most local watchmakers wouldn't have a clue how to fix that. You need to send it to one of the forum modders that has dealt with the same problem. You're not the first to notice that the bezel was loose on their TC.

I know other people have solved the problem but since I don't have a TC I don't know the answer personally. Some use gen click spring and some have used Clark's from what I've read.

JoeyT

11/8/14
Most local watchmakers wouldn't have a clue how to fix that. You need to send it to one of the forum modders that has dealt with the same problem. You're not the first to notice that the bezel was loose on their TC.

I know other people have solved the problem but since I don't have a TC I don't know the answer personally. Some use gen click spring and some have used Clark's from what I've read.

Thanks so much for your info. I will ask around and see who has the time to do this for me. Every other aspect of my TC is perfect so this is just a minor hiccup in my TC experiance but I still recommend TC to everyone.

eswilly

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/14
Florida
The vids make it look very doable. Good stuff. I'd feel confident changing the bezel insert frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
The vids make it look very doable. Good stuff. I'd feel confident changing the bezel insert frequently.

The case knife will leave visible slight marks on the lug, at best... The bezel will be tighter than the video shows and require more force than the video shows... You would be better served using the proper tool like this with masking tape over the 4 tool points. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161067737890?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Can you get away with it? Sure. I have...

Can you **** up your watch? Yes... I have.

Changing your bezel insert will exert uneven force on your bezel insert. which will chip and flake the paint (on the visual areas) of the your bezel insert... eventually.

You have been warned..

JoeyT

11/8/14
Thanks for all the great information. I was not able to get the click spring back on but at least now the bezel is not loose. It clicked right back on and is nice and tight. I will still get it fixed but for the time being I don't need the bezel to turn. I want to find a local modder in the NY area so I can have the watch done and pick it up without worry about shipping and longer wait. I am really enjoying my TC and I don't wanna be weeks without it when I just got it

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
So is the click spring pinched in your attempt to reinstall the bezel ring?

JoeyT

11/8/14
So is the click spring pinched in your attempt to reinstall the bezel ring?

for some reason the click spring was preventing me from getting the bezel on tight so it would move up and down, once that was removed the entire assembly clicked into place and is perfectly tight. I just cannot move it now. I think the spring was hindering the bezel from closing properly

eswilly

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/14
Florida
The case knife will leave visible slight marks on the lug, at best... The bezel will be tighter than the video shows and require more force than the video shows... You would be better served using the proper tool like this with masking tape over the 4 tool points. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161067737890?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Can you get away with it? Sure. I have...

Can you **** up your watch? Yes... I have.

Changing your bezel insert will exert uneven force on your bezel insert. which will chip and flake the paint (on the visual areas) of the your bezel insert... eventually.

You have been warned..

Copy that. Thank you! I knew it was to good to be true.

Erik
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk