• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The pilworx Penultimate Platinumizing Procedure

watchoholic

24/7/08
Brilliant work , Absolutely brilliant A++++++:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks Thrash! I have been approached by several members to shoot their insert. I told them to be patient and wait until i get everything in order. I think i am going to offer to do this for anyone. Ideally i would like to just receive the insert, shoot it and return, but a lot of people are afraid to dissect their watch, so that changes everything. I am totally capable on doing a full service, just not sure yet if i want to do a lot of them. So what i am saying is: If you want me to shoot your insert i would :) I know you all want to see final detailed pics though of my work so hang tight and it will be posted soon.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Awesome, When you use the Ipad tape does the insert still stay flush with the bezel?

I should take mine apart per your hot water instructions and the use the aircraft stripper, I found this stuff called citrastrip that worked really good on our 1927 mantle piece , I wonder if VACs pearls are better than stock?

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Well at least its not to high, that was my concern! is the Ipad tape removable for future mods?

anyy

Looking Around
9/9/14
Dont know why but I am not able to find the 1180 color - only 1780. Says steel though...worth a try?

Besides that: great post! Thanks

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I ordered three Pearls from VAC today, So if I remove my inserts and pearls and you shoot them I can replace with better. SUB C, DSSD, and I might pick up a BK or Sead new NOOB NO DATE SUB

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
I ordered three Pearls from VAC today, So if I remove my inserts and pearls and you shoot them I can replace with better. SUB C, DSSD, and I might pick up a BK or Sead new NOOB NO DATE SUB

Post some pics when you get them buddy. Would love to see! Maybe I'll just order one to compare to my gen.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I just ordered them today, VAC said a couple weeks, Ask for Thrasher super price $45 each rather than $65, Probably outrageous but who cares, They pay me and I have extra so I have fun.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
What did I just say!... ask for Thrasher Super price? or just ask for price if its $65 say my friend Thrasher got them for 45 if it less than 45 let me know!!!!!

watchoholic

24/7/08
I just wanted to let everyone know in this thread i am sorry for the delay. My life got turned upside down due to identity theft and my wife and i have been spending weeks trying to get things back in order. We had our tax returns filed fraudulently and the crooks made off with the money and a loan was taken out in our names. It is a complete disaster and the IRS is a complete travesty to deal with. I know you have been waiting for me to get these inserts sprayed and i apologize for the delay. I promise i will have this done in a day or two and post my results.

I am close! The booth is up!
96b3fb1408008e826ffa9dee1e264f79.jpg

janstood

Known Member
17/9/14
Sorry for your hardship watchoholic. Really looking forward to your results when you do have time.

watchoholic

24/7/08
hey sorry for the major delay, this identity theft has just absorbed all my spare time. Just want to let everyone know i got the painting and clear coat done just now. I am going to let this last coat dry and go cut my grass and i will get the excess paint off and post some pics and i will get back to any pm's i have when i get back in.
c199f35040c64f07c96b1e7ec43020c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchoholic

24/7/08
EPIC FAILURE!!!! This run didn't turn out as good as the last one and i think its because a good portion of the thinner evaporated from my mix. I didn't seal the container enough and it sat too long due to the major interruption in my life. I am so frustrated at the moment. IMO the finish this time is a bit too rough and a tad too dark, all signs of not enough thinner in the mix. The only good news is the coverage is great and very durable. Here are 3 of them , i didn't clean them up real good as it was just a waste of time at this point. Back to the drawing board. With the naked eye though they are far from horrible and better than stock BS, I just can't live with it though.

-w
IMG_1985%203.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
No one ever got anywhere with out a few fails along the way, just keep chugging along and you will get it! I have a NO DATE V5 coming from BK soon and though its got silver paint on it he is going to do the Anitas mod for me, Where he got the Anitas god knows because it is impossible to get.. I also have three VAC pearls on the way. Maybe eventually I will pull the inserts/pearls from my DSSD and SUB C and send them to you, remember I went the testors PP route and it looks great but once you get this dialed in we will see, mine will need to be striped. down to some level??/

wb5dx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/14
Thrasher ... I would be interested to see a side view of your NoDate, that shows the height of the crystal. I just got mine from BK about a month ago(with the anita mod). I like everything about it except the crystal height.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Interesting, BK told me two weeks before he gets them, So I don't know if that means he is waiting for the V5s to arrive or that's how long it will be before he can do the mod on mine. Sead told me NOOB was all sold out of NO DATES last week. Did you get the 2014 no date listed here http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...ffering-Noobfactory-2014-Sub-c-No-Date-114060 or for sure the 2015 V5. Show me a picture of your crystal from the side. How is the Anitas paint mod?

wb5dx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/14
I probably have the prior version. I simply asked about one and he sold me what he had. I posted a review in his forum with pictures that includes comments about the crystal. If you can't find it, let me know.