• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Just food for thought, I have had in my hands 2 ZF 15703s up to now. I thought they were both A2824s at the time of purchasing but they both ended up having instant date change, I’m assuming they came with 2836s instead…..
Who Knows Yes GIF by Bounce

FYI I’m no expert:)

Ordered a ZF 15703 based on this comment and just got my QC. Was told by Li before I ordered that, yes, they do have an instant date change.

Will post a video of the matter when I have it in-hand.

Reactions: g00n

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ordered a ZF 15703 based on this comment and just got my QC. Was told by Li before I ordered that, yes, they do have an instant date change.

Will post a video of the matter when I have it in-hand.
If it has a real instant date change, then it is the 2836 movement, which is good news for you!
Just be aware that the 2824 can be adjusted to have a slight roll 5min before the date jumps. This does not count as an instant date change but some dealers like to count it as one. The best way is to confirm what movement is in the watch, 2824 or 2836?

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
The best way is to confirm what movement is in the watch, 2824 or 2836?

I asked about that but couldn't get a solid answer. Did some digging around here and ended up reading some info (probably from you :LOL: ) about how 2836 movements are sometimes modified and sold as 2824. As such, I figured the best way to see about the matter is to just buy one and check it out when I get it.

Reactions: g00n

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The 2836 is a far more more appropriate movement for the AP diver reps IMHO. Do share once you get your watch. Thank you kindly.

Reactions: Allure

itanalot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/1/23
Toronto
The 2836 is a far more more appropriate movement for the AP diver reps IMHO. Do share once you get your watch. Thank you kindly.
fwiw, my zf 15703 that i got a month ago from trusty does not have an instant date change, and was marketed as a 2824. When i opened it up to regulate it, it looked very much like a 2824 (i watched a youtube tutorial on regulating a 2824). granted, i do not know the difference in look between a 2824 and 2836.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
fwiw, my zf 15703 that i got a month ago from trusty does not have an instant date change, and was marketed as a 2824. When i opened it up to regulate it, it looked very much like a 2824 (i watched a youtube tutorial on regulating a 2824). granted, i do not know the difference in look between a 2824 and 2836.
The 2836 has a distinct instant date change and the 2824 does not. You won’t be mistaking one for the other based on this feature. The 2824 date spring can be shortened/tightened such that the date transition is shorter but it’ll never be an instant date change.

Reactions: itanalot

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Alright, fellas. Here's the update on my end regarding the ZF 15703. So @legend called it -- it's sold as an "instant date change" but it actually starts rolling early, around 11:40PM on mine as you can see. While I had originally intended on selling this as a C&R when I bought it, I'm now undecided. I actually really, really like it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Alright, fellas. Here's the update on my end regarding the ZF 15703. So @legend called it -- it's sold as an "instant date change" but it actually starts rolling early, around 11:40PM on mine as you can see. While I had originally intended on selling this as a C&R when I bought it, I'm now undecided. I actually really, really like it.
I think for the ZF15703, there has been anecdotal accounts of the date changing instantly and that is believable, I do know of JF divers in the past which have been fitted with 2836 movements (instant date change) instead of the 2824 (rolling transition date)
In your case, the transition is pretty decent actually. The date spring can be tightened shortened to further reduce the date transition period if you want.

Reactions: serumdiesel

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

the high beat is an instant teller ...way more than the slow roll anyway ..so enjoy it as it is cos it's good

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Seeing and handling the watch in real life, I'm starting to not give a shit about the rolling date change just because everything else about it is so nice.

Anyhow, now I'm also curious about the JF so am gonna order that, too, just for shits and giggles.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Seeing and handling the watch in real life, I'm starting to not give a shit about the rolling date change just because everything else about it is so nice.

Anyhow, now I'm also curious about the JF so am gonna order that, too, just for shits and giggles.
c'est la vie!