• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Shouldn't we nominate the ZF as NWBIG and remove the JF from the Super Replica list then?
I do not believe in the NWBIG list nor do I believe in or subscribe to any “super reps” list. These are very subjective and individual and I make my own list and you should too. I won’t let anyone else decide for me what is good and what isn’t. I will make that call when it comes to replica watches I like. You can, too.
Just buy what you like. They are all reps. Why do you worry about such labels so much? Given time and resources, I can call out any AP rep for what they are so does it mean you’ll not buy any of them? Buy what you like and stop being pedantic about what they are or are not. They aren’t gen APs and will never ever be. Enjoy them as novelty timepieces and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks of them. Period.

Last edited:

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16

Fast And Furious Dom GIF by The Fast Saga

Reactions: kokikoki

TheReplicator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/21
I do not believe in the NWBIG list nor do I believe in or subscribe to any “super reps” list. These are very subjective and individual and I make my own list and you should too. I won’t like anyone else decide for me what is good and what isn’t. I will make that call when it comes to replica watches. You can, too.
Just buy what you like. They are all reps. Why do you worry about such labels so much? Given time and resources, I can call out any AP rep for what they are so does it mean you’ll not buy any of them? Buy what you like and stop being pedantic about what they are or are not. They aren’t gen APs and will never ever be. Enjoy them as novelty timepieces and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks of them. Period.
Because it's helpful, especially for people who don't want to dive in fully.
Even if you would release your own list it's one of the most impactful things that could be found here.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Because it's helpful, especially for people who don't want to dive in fully.
Even if you would release your own list it's one of the most impactful things that could be found here.
My own list will apply to me alone and won’t be more impactful than your list, which will apply to you.
Then again, I do not wear reps so my list is purely academical. You can be assured the ZF diver is on it and the JF one isn’t.

blackmark

26/2/20
my last rep ap diver is a white JF, in the past few years, how much have diver reps improved? And im currently thinking either a ASPF or ZF; which one is better?

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
my last rep ap diver is a white JF, in the past few years, how much have diver reps improved? And im currently thinking either a ASPF or ZF; which one is better?
I have the ZF 15703 and think it is fantastic:)

eazytiger

Certified
18/4/22
APSF is the latest to release a ROO
Comes with the AP cal. 3120 movement instead of the Asian A2824 as in the ZF and JF versions of the watch. Thats the main difference.

If you opt to spend the extra 100 and go APSF get the 15710 instead of 15703 so you can showoff that fancy movement.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
If you opt to spend the extra 100 and go APSF get the 15710 instead of 15703 so you can showoff that fancy movement.
The clone 3120 is nothing fancy or something to “show off” IMHO. True, the decorations are better than the 2824 or 2836 movements but compared with the gen the rotor and decorations are still miles apart. It is hard to imagine anyone being able to appreciate a clone movement and its horological “intricacies” (or lack of it)through an open caseback, I think that clone movement or not, these are replica watches costing around $500 and worn for novelty and fun, as opposed to being objects for true horological craftsmanship or anything to be shown off like it has gen caliber or possessing the same level of workmanship.
The clone 3120 caliber is a nice step forward by the rep makers but it remains a choice of consideration for buyers as opposed to being a jaw dropping magnificence which owners should examine and appreciate with trembling hands and a face streaked with tears of gratitude. 🤣

Reactions: Branis and Allure

Ferrichie

Horology Curious
12/5/22
guys, does the GEN AP Diver's date flip right away or slowly turns the date? Hope you guys get what I mean. Because I just realised my ZF flips slowly at 00.20ish

Ferrichie

Horology Curious
12/5/22
idk how to edit post. But I also saw a JF V10 with immediate date flip at 00.00, but my ZF doesn't. (with the same spec of A2824 movement). Did I miss something?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
guys, does the GEN AP Diver's date flip right away or slowly turns the date? Hope you guys get what I mean. Because I just realised my ZF flips slowly at 00.20ish
All AP gen divers (assuming the 3120 and 4308 calibers) have instant date changes.