• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
@legend - Do you still take in work for repainting/modding dials on these APs? (If so, I inquired via PM) - Would like to send you a blue dial 15500 for some work if you still do.

2) Between the 15400 and 15500 which factory/dial do you think is "closest to gen"?
1. Yes I am.

2. If asked to pick a "closest" out of the box Royal Oak currently, I will go with the APSF 15500 black, current version. The blue is great too but will need modding to the dial color.

Rehaut85

Getting To Know The Place
23/3/17
1. Yes I am.

2. If asked to pick a "closest" out of the box Royal Oak currently, I will go with the APSF 15500 black, current version. The blue is great too but will need modding to the dial color.
Ty for your reply, much appreciated! Convo Sent inquiring for #1.

Eds1981

Known Member
13/9/24
Please can i have some honest advice from people with good experience on AP reps before i buy. I have seen and been chatting to a member on here whom has a ZF AP 15500. I love the look of the watch and am new to the rep game, am i better sticking to Rolex as less problematic or am i wrong and this AP could indeed serve me well with no real issues. I love the look and style of the APs but want something that's reliable and dies its job.

Thank you in advance.

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Please can i have some honest advice from people with good experience on AP reps before i buy. I have seen and been chatting to a member on here whom has a ZF AP 15500. I love the look of the watch and am new to the rep game, am i better sticking to Rolex as less problematic or am i wrong and this AP could indeed serve me well with no real issues. I love the look and style of the APs but want something that's reliable and dies its job.

Thank you in advance.
The clone movement is not the most durable there is, and it has issue with power reserve being <24 hour. Good news is that a good full service takes care of the most of the movement issues including power reserve. For extra care, it is also advised that when you set the time/date, you only set the time going forward. I have had experience with these for a year and I had no major issues thus far.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I suppose i feel like i need to know more about the rep game to get one? Am i correct or am i over thinking?
Every single rep can be a hit or miss. The most you can do is to choose the model you like, do the QC job, service the movement and possibly mod your watch.

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
I suppose i feel like i need to know more about the rep game to get one? Am i correct or am i over thinking?
You can get away with 15500 rep's movement most of the time, just don't set the time backwards to avoid unnecessary strain to the movement. Still, it is advised to get familiar with some parties that can service your watch anyways.

Reactions: Eds1981

Eds1981

Known Member
13/9/24
You can get away with 15500 rep's movement most of the time, just don't set the time backwards to avoid unnecessary strain to the movement. Still, it is advised to get familiar with some parties that can service your watch anyways.
Thank you, are there people on here based in UK that can service please?