• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

siro_81

Horology Curious
9/12/19
hi, does anyone know a good assembler of 1016 in Italy/Europe who I can ask to build one for me with raffles parts?

Pavloxs

Horology Curious
16/8/18
I have another quick question.
I know that raffles are not really designing the case to be waterproof. However, let’s say I get caught up in the rain , would be better to have acrylic or sapphire ?
I might be totally misinformed, but I read somewhere a while ago that tiger concept 1016 cases with acrylic had been fogging up vs none with sapphire, hence this question came to my mind.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I know that raffles are not really designing the case to be waterproof. However, let’s say I get caught up in the rain , would be better to have acrylic or sapphire ?
I might be totally misinformed, but I read somewhere a while ago that tiger concept 1016 cases with acrylic had been fogging up vs none with sapphire, hence this question came to my mind.

I try not to get my watches wet, even in the rain

That said, ootb Raffles glues his acrylic. So you should be fine.
If you are changing the crystal, it’s good to put a little bit of silicone grease where the crystal slides on the case, and put a thin layer of hypocement if you want

The sapphire is press fit with a gasket, so I am pretty sure it’s safe

Hayst

Known Member
15/3/23
Australia
For what it is worth I spent three years on the local council in parks and gardens...which meant I got every shitty job going, wet, muddy, shit, piss, accidents, flood work, tree work, irrigation, plumbing, digging graves, working in water, etc. And not once did I take my watch off.
A Raffles sapphire...at the moment my alix with plex gets the same treatment.

Make sure to lubricate the seals and seal the pendant tube. And do not ever put it under hot water, so shower time is out.

Reactions: GenuineFool

Action_Jensen

Known Member
20/4/21
Just ordered a new tool to remove crown tubes but it is the wrong size :/ can someone recomment a crown tube tool that fits the athaya crowns (maybe even the one from ali xpress?) is has to be the pind that fits in the splines on the inside of the tube, i thin 2.9mm or 3 mm...

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Just ordered a new tool to remove crown tubes but it is the wrong size :/ can someone recomment a crown tube tool that fits the athaya crowns (maybe even the one from ali xpress?) is has to be the pind that fits in the splines on the inside of the tube, i thin 2.9mm or 3 mm...

I just bought this. it got delivered
But i have not tried yet

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! 45,82€ | Stainless Steel Watch Crown Tube Remover Watch Tube Screwing Disassembly Removal Tool Watch Repair Tool Accessory for Watchmaker

Action_Jensen

Known Member
20/4/21
I saw that too.. hoped i get away with the right size 15 bucks tool :D
brought this because it specifically says for 6mm crown but unfortunately does not fit :/ rn i try to contact the seller

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I saw that too.. hoped i get away with the right size 15 bucks tool :D
brought this because it specifically says for 6mm crown but unfortunately does not fit :/ rn i try to contact the seller

caboose tells me he uses Torx tools

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
I tested an acrylic Raffles 1016 case to 60m and it passed with flying colors. All I did before was greasing the gaskets and tightening down properly.

KMkHfJ.jpeg

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
I tested an acrylic Raffles 1016 case to 60m and it passed with flying colors. All I did before was greasing the gaskets and tightening down properly.

KMkHfJ.jpeg
AWESOME!

Cant beat that for the price. Is that the acrylic version of his case set or the standard with a crystal and bezel swap?