• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
I find when this happens. Check the clamps that hold the dial to the movement. They need to be fully pressed in otherwise the ring gets hung up on them. Also wiggle the case a bit it helps Center the movement and allows the ring to seat Worst case. You may need to sand the inside edge of the ring to enlarge it slightly to allow it to clear the movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: nomorebigideas

nomorebigideas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/24
When I encounter this, I wedge the tabs under the ring

Another option is to file a groove in the ring
Thanks for the help! Ended up filing the inner diameter and then bent the tabs down - got there in the end.

To that guy who wrote on another forum, '[Making your own watch is] easy, you just put it together and drop in it the case'...

...I hope you're awake at night worrying about the minute hand being 0.0001mm too short :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Erect

Erect

Aroused By Anything Vintage
Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU

Athaya 6mm brevet crown arrived in my country... hit with an additional 30 USD import fee.
Total crown cost: 85 USD... f*ck me.

This was ordered before I had the genius idea of shipping everything to my Chinese warehouse first... I'm considering to tell customs to ship it back to Indonesia and re-ordering to China, lol.

Last edited:

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Last edited:

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
dang it looks great in this pic
f7e2c458c935a445027a356716728cef.jpg

nomorebigideas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/24

Athaya 6mm brevet crown arrived in my country... hit with an additional 30 USD import fee.

This was ordered before I had the genius idea of shipping everything to my Chinese warehouse first... I'm considering to tell customs to ship it back to Indonesia and re-ordering to China, lol.
Oooooooffffffffff that's a lot

• Wow
Reactions: 369mafia

Erect

Aroused By Anything Vintage
Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
Can you please tell us where did you find it? I’m interested
Most likely in an eBay auction or such. No one in their right mind would sell an actual genuine big crown clasp in good condition for such price.
I narrowly missed a 6251h clasp on eBay a few weeks ago...

tigroz

Horology Curious
9/8/23
Rome

Did you find the right tap? M3x0.30 or M3x0.35 ? I’ve found only the M3x0.35 but I’m not sure it’s the correct one… too many contrasting opinions… do someone please can help me?